1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brave-head-flop.gif

The 70s WW was played by a woman and she looked like a Godess!

Man, you have no idea. Compared to the woman I walk by in my everyday life, the thing you posted looks like a goblin!:lol

I wouldn't have been that harsh and placed her at 7, but I totally agree. As for her acting chops? Well, I know I won't go see WW in a theater and wait for a streaming copy. If it's any good, I'll get the BR

Thing? Wow, the misogyny on this thread is getting ridiculous. You hate her, we get it.

Time to get back to the figure. Sooner this releases and we get some pics/reviews to discuss the better. I'm guessing the lack of articulation is gonna be the main talking point rather than the sculpt.

Thing? Wow, the misogyny on this thread is getting ridiculous. You hate her, we get it.

Time to get back to the figure. Sooner this releases and we get some pics/reviews to discuss the better. I'm guessing the lack of articulation is gonna be the main talking point rather than the sculpt.

See, that's what I hate be out this board. It's full of guys like you that can't even make a serious comment from a joke... Tsss... What a sad world!

If that is the stand WW comes with I'm loving the clear plastic over the black. Wish more HT figures would do this. Looks so much better especially when using detolfs.

Wonder why they didn't include the box for Harley. Given the quality of the box art with the Joker figures I'm intrigued to see what they come up with Harley.

I'm still waiting for blogger photos. Hope she really does come out Friday. I want a Wonder Woman but depending on how she comes out, i'll either get this one or wait for the next one.

I think it's silly to argue here about the "hotness" of Gadot. There will never be a consensus. Her acting ability is easier to debate. I'm still waiting to be wowed by her as I've seen her in nothing where she elevated the material to more than just "I'm a model with lines". I hope the WW movie changes my mind.

As for looks(just cause everybody else chimed in), I think she's pretty but she's way too thin for my liking and not enough up top. But like I said, it doesn't really matter. By the same token, I don't think people should get too angry about discussing it a little though as most of us(like it or not) are men here.

The Alien girl has pretty good articulation from what I saw in the blogger pics. I wish WW had the same but it would be hard because the flesh parts would be too exposed to joints.

As a phicen collector HT could've gone that route but I must emphasize against using that material. Some of my phicens have already started to crack and deteriorate :slap

The Alien girl has pretty good articulation from what I saw in the blogger pics. I wish WW had the same but it would be hard because the flesh parts would be too exposed to joints.

As a phicen collector HT could've gone that route but I must emphasize against using that material. Some of my phicens have already started to crack and deteriorate :slap

Alien girl has 30 points of articulation.. but WW..... 17.....
but should be enough for me...

Alien girl has 30 points of articulation.. but WW..... 17.....
but should be enough for me...

:exactly:

You'd figured it is WW she should've had more, at least 22 points of articulation but again the exposed joints would be an aesthetic issue unless they went the phicen route but as I stated the issues with that method so I'm glad they didn't

:exactly:

You'd figured it is WW she should've had more, at least 22 points of articulation but again the exposed joints would be an aesthetic issue unless they went the phicen route but as I stated the issues with that method so I'm glad they didn't

Paying that much for the figure but getting only 17 points of articulation. And the HC is not really a spot-on type...
I guess it will be a little torn that pricks me.
However, still deperately need her to stand along with Bats and Supes..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

17 points is fine for me and I assume anyone planning on a museum style pose. Just be glad to get her and have 3 of the 7 league members, I'm including GL since he's gonna show up eventually.

Is that really what they do? I just assumed these UR are the final products. I never pay too much attention to these now so I really have no clue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Up until last year, I presumed they were invariably the final products as well. However, after BvS Superman still showing the MoS sculpt in its respective UR photo, I suppose that's empirical evidence that the figures in these UR photos may not necessarily always be the final product.

Granted, BvS Superman is also the only example I know of in any of these UR photos where it turned out not to be the final product.

Up until last year, I presumed they were invariably the final products as well. However, after BvS Superman still showing the MoS sculpt in its respective UR photo, I suppose that's empirical evidence that the figures in these UR photos may not necessarily always be the final product.

Granted, BvS Superman is also the only example I know of in any of these UR photos where it turned out not to be the final product.

I think they did it with another figure too, but I just can't remember which one.

Yet, I think this hs is the final one. Pretty sure the delay is due to the seamless body. It's their first, so it would make sense.

Amazing cuteness- plus love her as WW......she is it for me as far as a modern take on the character...
Not that I necessarily disagree but there's no one else to compare her take on the character to aside from Linda Carter but that was all the way back in the seventies. She was one of the best things about Batman V Superman though and hopefully her solo film is good. Looking forward to the figure as well.

Not that I necessarily disagree but there's no one else to compare her take on the character to aside from Linda Carter but that was all the way back in the seventies. She was one of the best things about Batman V Superman though and hopefully her solo film is good. Looking forward to the figure as well.
Good post

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Ahhh... nostalgia is a wonderful thing!
Linda Carter was a fantastic Wonder Woman of her time – her Diana was the same as Adam West's Batman, or Reeve's Superman – camp, humourous, colourful and a definite product of the time they were made.
Nobody would argue that their series/films were fantastic, but if they are representitive portrayals of their characters from a window in time, the Batman TV series perfectly encapsulates the 50's/60's comic books... at most a 20yr period nearly 80yrs, yet the series (I think) stands the test of time... however, I don't think WW does, I've seen old episodes on TV recently, and to be honest couldn't sit through a full episode! Linda is the WW we remember from our childhood, and time and nostalgia play funny tricks on the mind as we are reminded of happier times.
Gal's WW, however, perfectly captured the WW I know and love, the one I started reading with the George Perez series in 1987 – yes Linda was great but she played a WW that hasn't existed in over 50yrs and for me is on par with the old Super Friends animated WW - Gal embodies what WW currently is superbly, and simply looks like she's just come off the page. I love them both, but if I had to chose... Gal no question.

Back