1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think some character look the part, some are miscast

Linda Carter=best WW ever
Christopher Reeve=best Superman ever
Batman had some really good actors all around, but a few bad movies
Henry Cavill: looks the part, sadly, wrong approach from the writers and not wearing a Superman costume.
Flash? Shipp was damn good, so is the new TV show guy. movie Flash? Miscast
WW Gadot? Cool costume, bad actress choice
Lois Lane? There are only two: Durance and Hatcher
Joker? Great performance in TDK but so far, none is the Joker (except Jerome from Gotham)
Luthor? Michael Rosenbaum, the rest of them is a joke

Those are my personal choices and opinion, of course, but pretty sure many of them will remain as the physical embodiment of the characters while most of the movie iteration will be forgotten very quickly.

Henry Cavill: looks the part, sadly, wrong approach from the writers and not wearing a Superman costume.
Joker? Great performance in TDK but so far, none is the Joker (except Jerome from Gotham)

Those are my personal choices and opinion, of course, but pretty sure many of them will remain as the physical embodiment of the characters while most of the movie iteration will be forgotten very quickly.

I can't take Lynda Carter seriously as Wonder Woman. Looks like a glamour model in a half decent cosplay outfit and the American accent really kills the illusion of her as an Amazonian. Gadot far more convincing as the Amazonian warrior, looks genuinely badass in the battle scenes. She could have looked silly next to Cavil and Affleck but more than held her own.

Reeve the best Superman and easily the best Clark Kent. Still the only actor to convincingly portray them as two seperate characters rather than Superman in glasses. Cavill has done fine with what he's been given. Hopefully he now gets the chance to play a more charming, optimistic version of the character. I love his costume, if they made the blue a little brighter it would be perfect.

TDK and BB my fave Batman movies as a whole but I prefer Affleck to Bale as both Bruce and Batman. Fingers crossed he gets at least one great movie in the role.

Hatcher the best Lois by a distance for me. Durance not so much. Amy Adams deserves better material than she's been given so far. Same with Luthor really, Hackman and Spacey both terrific actors but I hate both those versions of the character. Rosenbaum nailed it but the rest of that show sucked sadly. Would have been cool had he been given the role in this DCEU.

A bit like Christopher Reeve being called Christopher Reeves all the time. :lol

Probably didn't help the Christopher Reeve name confusion that he had to follow George Reeves as the previous live action Superman.

I get it when some of you feel like the current actor actresses do not look the part.
This is because the expectation of the character, the way they speak, physical appearance are being influenced by the first ever live action you had been exposed to...
Take a step back, for those youngsterw who had never been exposed to Chris Reeve, Lynda Carteror even hedious costume when George Clooney was Batman, the current actor actress are their role model.
30 years down the road, if DCEU is rebooted, these guys will complain the new actors not looking the part coz they want Henry, Ben and Gal...
(my 2 cents)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Ahhh... nostalgia is a wonderful thing! time and nostalgia play funny tricks on the mind as we are reminded of happier times.

I get it when some of you feel like the current actor actresses do not look the part.
This is because the expectation of the character, the way they speak, physical appearance are being influenced by the first ever live action you had been exposed to...
Take a step back, for those youngsterw who had never been exposed to Chris Reeve, Lynda Carteror even hedious costume when George Clooney was Batman, the current actor actress are their role model.
30 years down the road, if DCEU is rebooted, these guys will complain the new actors not looking the part coz they want Henry, Ben and Gal...

My sentiments also.

There have been many renditions and interpretations of these characters throughout time, Superman and Batman in particular, so there are various ways with which you can approach them. Of course you have the elements that are canon and never changed (origins, identities, trademark abilities, etc), but there are also a lot of grey areas with them where you can approach it any different way.

If you have set in stone in your mind that there is only one "right" way to approach these characters based on a particular era of them, then that's of course going to affect any other rendition of them for you.

(my 2 cents)

I agree with this.

Some of those who grew up with West and Ward would say that Barris Batmobile is the best car.

Some 80's kids would say it's Furst Batmobile driven by the best Batman ever, Keaton.

Some of today's yuppies would say Tumbler is THE batmobile and Bale is THE Batman.

I agree with this.

Some of those who grew up with West and Ward would say that Barris Batmobile is the best car.

Some 80's kids would say it's Furst Batmobile driven by the best Batman ever, Keaton.

Some of today's yuppies would say Tumbler is THE batmobile and Bale is THE Batman.

Yup...
I wish everyone just watch or judge the movie as it is and not to compare with their preset expectation...
Anyway, it's hard to do.
I am just glad everyone is passionate about DCEU.. Hater, supporters are all chewing on the movie coz their passionate..

By the way, back to the figure...
I guess I am a newbie, how do you think 17 points of articulation will pan out for the figure.
I mean, any example of figures with around the same points of articulation?
I knew some DC collectibles 6" has 18...
It's more like a 1single jointed shoulder, single elbow, single knee, turn joint on angle and thigh..
And plus the ball join head, it would cover around 12...
Thigh with ball join and wrist with ball joints.
That would be total of 18. Which is somewhere there....

Yup...
I wish everyone just watch or judge the movie as it is and not to compare with their preset expectation...
Anyway, it's hard to do.
I am just glad everyone is passionate about DCEU.. Hater, supporters are all chewing on the movie coz their passionate..

By the way, back to the figure...
I guess I am a newbie, how do you think 17 points of articulation will pan out for the figure.
I mean, any example of figures with around the same points of articulation?
I knew some DC collectibles 6" has 18...
It's more like a 1single jointed shoulder, single elbow, single knee, turn joint on angle and thigh..
And plus the ball join head, it would cover around 12...
Thigh with ball join and wrist with ball joints.
That would be total of 18. Which is somewhere there....

Yup, it could closely resemble that of a DC Collectible figure with 18 points of articulation. I guess in the end however, it could be 32 POA, 24, or 17, and it wouldn't matter for most collectors because they'd all rather keep WW in a neutral pose :wink1: Which I guess is why most collectors in discussions about this figure anywhere can skip the articulation topic and jump back to the likeness of the sculpt :)

Yup, it could closely resemble that of a DC Collectible figure with 18 points of articulation. I guess in the end however, it could be 32 POA, 24, or 17, and it wouldn't matter for most collectors because they'd all rather keep WW in a neutral pose :wink1: Which I guess is why most collectors in discussions about this figure anywhere can skip the articulation topic and jump back to the likeness of the sculpt :)

I also tend to keep my figures in the standard museum pose. But once a while, I want to pose my figures and take some photos.. So I am thinking how well will she pose..
I have strikesuit Cap, although he is very articulated, the shoulder is practically stiff due to the suit.. (Unmodded)

I hope WW can at least do the ready for battle stance or jumping ahead ready to cut with sword pose.. :)

My sentiments also.

There have been many renditions and interpretations of these characters throughout time, Superman and Batman in particular, so there are various ways with which you can approach them. Of course you have the elements that are canon and never changed (origins, identities, trademark abilities, etc), but there are also a lot of grey areas with them where you can approach it any different way.

If you have set in stone in your mind that there is only one "right" way to approach these characters based on a particular era of them, then that's of course going to affect any other rendition of them for you.

I suppose this is true of comics to. Golden age, silver age, bronze age, modern age. Some have a definite favourite, others might like all of them. Generally I'm not a great fan of silver age stuff. The live action versions are more difficult to categorise when they are borrowing from parts of all those era's.

With no other big screen interpretations WW won't be held back by nostalgia so much. Casual movie goers ignorance to her history will probably work in her favour.

Ahhh... nostalgia is a wonderful thing!
Linda Carter was a fantastic Wonder Woman of her time – her Diana was the same as Adam West's Batman, or Reeve's Superman – camp, humourous, colourful and a definite product of the time they were made.
Nobody would argue that their series/films were fantastic, but if they are representitive portrayals of their characters from a window in time, the Batman TV series perfectly encapsulates the 50's/60's comic books... at most a 20yr period nearly 80yrs, yet the series (I think) stands the test of time... however, I don't think WW does, I've seen old episodes on TV recently, and to be honest couldn't sit through a full episode! Linda is the WW we remember from our childhood, and time and nostalgia play funny tricks on the mind as we are reminded of happier times.
Gal's WW, however, perfectly captured the WW I know and love, the one I started reading with the George Perez series in 1987 – yes Linda was great but she played a WW that hasn't existed in over 50yrs and for me is on par with the old Super Friends animated WW - Gal embodies what WW currently is superbly, and simply looks like she's just come off the page. I love them both, but if I had to chose... Gal no question.
I never said anything about Carter being better. My point was just that there are only two actresses to compare so it's hard to really call Gadot definitive. Especially when so far we've only seen her as the character in a short amount of one film. She's got the look down but really we haven't seen much of her in action yet or a story that revolves around her heavily. Her solo film will be her true test. Characters like Batman or Superman who have been played by numerous actors throughout the years are different because there's more there to go off of.

Someone else posted that it was coming after Alien Girl which released Friday. So it's very possible she could show up sometime this week.

I don't mind they releasing her tomorrow.. :D

I went through pages of arguing about how people rate how attractive Gal Gadot is expecting some sort of actual update, but hey, at least we got someone mentioning that Rosenbaum is GOAT Luthor (he's also the best Flash).

Also this thread got a bit:

Back