1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the older figures didn't have any of that crap. They should have used the foam there if they felt it needed something. Come to think of it, all of these figures should be coming in foam. Lovely soft..foam.

I really like the foam sarcophagus that the DX releases and many figures from other manufacturers get packed in.

As shown, sometimes HT's recent packing methods tend to potentially cause damage to the figure rather than protect it.

Yup. Toyfair Batman had a mark from the "protection" material and i believe some Reeve Supes did as well. First thing I do if i'm not going to be displaying for awhile (as was the case before i had room), is take that crap off.

Kimi heads are notorious for causing a gloss on their noses. Even if you cut the protective plastic at the back, instead of pulling it off.

Did you guys know that the french review about the crease on the shoulder after he posed the crossed arm pose?
Apparently after 2 days, the creases is no longer visible..(return to normal)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I just can't get myself to buy this figure. I think Gal is gorgeous and the protos for this and the training had more of her likeness.
b1fe69971e81c5e9d8bc76107669def1.jpg

U do realize that this sculpt as far as the mouth, eyes and face shape is concerned has a closer resemblance to the training sculpt than the proto had, so your statement is somewhat of a paradox.

Why it is fair for you to think that the proto has better likeness, it makes no sense showing that picture of her to prove your point, without going into details of why you think that is the case. Ironically, your picture you posted shows why the product looks more accurate to Gal. The prototype looked like a rather plane white woman with no bone structure, whist the product has more of an exotic look to it with larger angular eyes and a square jawline, similar to how she looks in the picture you posted, go figure.

Honestly what features do think are more accurate on the proto? And please don't say the dam teeth.

Thai figure has been Barbie'd and genericized to fit the image of Wonder Woman that DC wants to promote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean by that?

Yeah I agree. While it has it's shortcomings, it's certainly much much better than the prototypes. Not sure how anyone can say the prototype has better likeness than the final version.

Neither can I, obviously there is something people see that the majority of people don't see. Personally I can tear the proto apart as I can't see anything they got right on it.

Same here. It's all in the eye of the beholder though, but still. It's really no contest to me. :duff

It might be in the eye of beholder, but I would like to know what features are more accurate on the proto because I honestly don't think the proto looks anything like her.

Last edited:
The prototype sculpt had more Elizabeth Olsen than Gal Gadot, but it was there. The new version is much, much closer. It's still a tad off, but meh.

The prototype sculpt had more Elizabeth Olsen than Gal Gadot, but it was there. The new version is much, much closer. It's still a tad off, but meh.

I agree with this.

The finished product sculpt is without a doubt leaps and bounds better than the proto, but I personally would have been happy with the proto. I do think there were some hints/shades of Gal in it:

Hot-Toys-BvS-Wonder-Woman-005.jpg

I think they were going in the right direction with the face, but they seemed to have made the shape of the head/face a bit too elongated which consequently, made the nose look a bit too thin and that threw it off. I also think that while overall the right shape, they made the eyes a bit too spaced apart and that also threw it off. Eyebrows are a bit too thin as well. The lips on the proto sculpt though do seem a bit more accurate to me than both the finished sculpt for this figure and the proto sculpt for the TA version.

I agree with this.

The finished product sculpt is without a doubt leaps and bounds better than the proto, but I personally would have been happy with the proto. I do think there were some hints/shades of Gal in it:

Hot-Toys-BvS-Wonder-Woman-005.jpg

I think they were going in the right direction with the face, but they seemed to have made the head/face a bit too elongated which as a result made the nose look a bit too thin, and that really threw it off.

Giving it that Elizabeth Olsen look then.

I also think that while overall the right shape, they made the eyes a bit too spaced apart and that also threw it off.

But the eyes were not the right shape, that's why they changed them on the product, they should be more angular.

change.jpg

Giving it that Elizabeth Olsen look then.

But the eyes were not the right shape, that's why they changed them on the product, they should be more angular.

View attachment 352114

Giving it a look that I don't know who it was, but wasn't Gal.

Slightly more angled, yes, but the eyes in that particular image to me of the final sculpt almost seem slightly too wide. The width of the eyes on the proto sculpt to me seem a bit more accurate in being slightly thinner and would have been better if they brought them closer and angled them a bit more as they did on the final sculpt, which makes it look a lot more accurate by default. As mentioned, the too thin eyebrows also didn't help while the thicker eyebrows on the final sculpt, are more accurate.

Giving it a look that I don't know who it was, but wasn't Gal.

Was only going by what DarthBakura said, since Elizabeth Olsen has an elongated face with quite a narrow long nose.

Slightly more angled, yes, but the eyes in that particular image to me of the final sculpt, almost seem slightly too wide.

Well I was just talking about the shape of the eyes on the final sculpt being more accurate, not the width, since you specifically mentioned that the shape of the eyes overall was accurate.

The width of the eyes on the proto sculpt to me seem a bit more accurate in being slightly thinner and would have been better if they brought them closer and angled them a bit more as they did on the final sculpt, which makes it look a lot more accurate by default. As mentioned, the too thin eyebrows also didn't help while the thicker eyebrows on the final sculpt, are more accurate.

I can agree with all that.

Well I was just talking about the shape of the eyes on the final sculpt being more accurate, not the width, since you specifically mentioned that the shape of the eyes overall was accurate.

My apologies. Should have been more specific that I meant the width.

I'm perfectly okay with the final sculpt to be honest, because it has a lot of Gal Gadot in it, with a sprinkle of Danielle Vedovelli, who is gorgeous as ****. I'm sure they'll knock the JLA version out of the park.

Yeah after seeing how nice the black cloak looks on the Barbie (yes I actually bought one, don't laugh :D), I really want one for the HT figure now as it's my absolute favorite look.

View attachment 351695

I won't laugh. I bought 2 of them! I got the BvS one quite a while back to do a custom w/ a phicen. I recently bought the solo movie version to get the cloak and the new sword/shield.

I am loving all of these pictures of the real deal. I am literally sick with jealousy.

This one will have to tide me over until the HT comes in a month or 2.

ww-cust01.jpg

I'm perfectly okay with the final sculpt to be honest, because it has a lot of Gal Gadot in it, with a sprinkle of Danielle Vedovelli, who is gorgeous as ****. I'm sure they'll knock the JLA version out of the park.

Proto sculpt I give about a 45% likeness, because I think they got the lips and eye width correct. Everything else is incorrect. Final sculpt I'd say is about an 85%, as I think they made the eyes slightly too wide and the lips a bit too thin. Everything else is correct. Teeth could have been a bit better, but I honestly don't think they're as off as much as what people were saying.

Training proto I'd say is 95%. Only the lips are slightly too thin.

I'm perfectly okay with the final sculpt to be honest, because it has a lot of Gal Gadot in it, with a sprinkle of Danielle Vedovelli, who is gorgeous as ****.

IMO I wouldn't say a lot, but enough to tell its her that's for sure, but I agree with the rest of what you said, despite only just googling Danielle Vedovelli just now. :lol

I'm sure they'll knock the JLA version out of the park.

Considering how well the training proto sculpt looks there is a good chance they will. After-all Harley looks just like the proto.

Proto sculpt I give about a 45% likeness, because I think they got the lips and eye width correct. Everything else is incorrect.

I agree with you on every point there.

Final sculpt I'd say is about an 85%, as I think they made the eyes slightly too wide and the lips a bit too thin.

Have to disagree, not saying you are wrong but I can't give it that high of a score, 85% is close to perfect, and IMO this sculpt is no where near perfect, as far as the inner proportion of the face goes. The lips being too thin is really a non issue, since they are that way on the training sculpt and the majority of people like that sculpt. I don't think something as the eyes being slightly too wide is enough to throw off the likeness to the extent where a great number of people think it looks nothing like her, there has to be more to it than that.

Everything else is correct.

Actually it's not, I am not going to say what's off with it again but if u look at comparison pic with the real Gal, you should be able see what features are off. We already compared this sculpt to Training one and we saw the noticeable differences this has compared to the training sculpt, which looks quite dead on.

Last edited:
IMO I wouldn't say a lot, but enough to tell its her that's for sure, but I agree with the rest of what you said, despite only just googling Danielle Vedovelli just now. :lol
Yeah, she's my favorite female cosplayer overall. Katyuska Moonfox would be a close second. I've been a fan of both for what seems like ages now. That's why I'm not really bothered by this not being completely accurate. Or at least that's how I'm rationalizing it.

I mean, hell, I had plenty of chances to get the DX11 and still held off, because I thought the DX01 was still really good. Now that it's ten years old, I know better, but still. :lol

I think part of this hobby is artistic expression married with accuracy. You have to toe the line though and each project is different.

Back