1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Including me. My opinion is simply that I'm not happy with the headscultp of this figure.

Specifically, eyes too big and wrong shape. Lips too thin. Jaw line too angular. That neutral of an expression doesn't line up with my perception of what she should look like.

Agree or disagree, that's my opinion.

Will I regret not getting this figure down the road? Perhaps. But I'm simply not compelled to buy it.

For this who have congrats and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Including me. My opinion is simply that I'm not happy with the headscultp of this figure.

Not saying it isn't but don't think u should explain why you think the proto is better, rather than just show a pic of Gal?

Specifically, eyes too big and wrong shape. Lips too thin.

Lips were thin on the proto to, your other observations are valid ones though, the eyes might be inaccurate on the product but they were far more inaccurate on the proto.

Jaw line too angular.

Really? It looks the same as it does in the pic you posted of Gal. Nevertheless, here is a comparison pic.

comp3.jpg

I guess its possible that it might be more angular than it should but the jawline on the proto was just totally the wrong shape as the face was oval.

That neutral of an expression doesn't line up with my perception of what she should look like.

Agree or disagree, that's my opinion.

Valid point.

Will I regret not getting this figure down the road? Perhaps. But I'm simply not compelled to buy it.

For this who have congrats and enjoy.

Nor am I, just being objective about it.

And for some perspective - I'm keen to receive Margot Quinn. Spot on likeness, captures some elements of character, minimal nits - like the knees which don't bother me-

So yes it's in the eyes of beholder - I guess im spoiled with BVS batman and superman likeness.

I do want a Diana in the lineup.

Still WW is an outstanding achievement. Love when companies look to take it to next level in engineering and design.

Darkavatar, being pedantic about everything isn't being objective dude.

Well I thought I was being objective because l have no feelings towards the product, l just saw the sculpt for something to analyze, because I could see what they got right and what they got wrong, thus, it didn't cross my mind that I was being pedantic. But point taken.

And for some perspective - I'm keen to receive Margot Quinn. Spot on likeness, captures some elements of character, minimal nits - like the knees which don't bother me-

Yeah I thought it was spot on to then someone said it was off & why it was off. Nevertheless, I still think it looks spot on.

So yes it's in the eyes of beholder - I guess im spoiled with BVS batman and superman likeness.

Yeah those look great but some hate the Superman sculpt, obviously not everyone will agree a sculpt is good. I feel like you are trying to apologize for saying the WW product is worse than the proto because most people say your wrong. There's nothing wrong with what you said, l like many others just don't agree and l was just curious as to why u think the proto was better because I honestly can't see anything they got right. Thus, i just wanted an explanation why anyone not just you think the likeness is better, sorry if I came off as a dictator, that was not my intention.

I do want a Diana in the lineup.

Still WW is an outstanding achievement. Love when companies look to take it to next level in engineering and design.

U mean as far as the body is concerned?

Last edited:
no honestly im happy with how she looks stock from what ive seen so far ,mine left hk this morning ems so ill know better wednesday barring any hold ups ,but i love to see creative alterations on these guys and love the fact that folks aren't afraid to give it a shot at fixing their figures up and posting the results ,
so i say to you go be a trailblazer :yess:

Have you gotten yours yet? Even after seeing Dean Knight's pose-down I still believe I will be replacing the body. This vid just popped up this morning, probably gonna try with this body first. I am willing to look past the difference in skin tone. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

I think likeness isn't very good when I compare those two pictures, have to be those small inaccuracies that add up...

with barbie cape ,cloak ,coat thing ,its okay no hood or sleeves or arm slits ,but looks ,,,,,,,,, well decide for yourselves

35049091133_d7fe053321_z.jpg
35049093313_e1f7e2382b_z.jpg
35049100693_b79ac24b1e_z.jpg
35049104413_bb1b8dd7b9_c.jpg
35049106643_b00095f72a_z.jpg

Last edited:
Actually it's not, I am not going to say what's off with it again but if u look at comparison pic with the real Gal, you should be able see what features are off.

Right, which I enumerated two pages back.

We already compared this sculpt to Training one and we saw the noticeable differences this has compared to the training sculpt, which looks quite dead on.

Indeed it is, which is why I gave it a 95%, a higher score than this one.

That cloak looks nice on her, but I'd be worried about dye getting into the skin. Might want to wash that cloak a bit before leaving it on her.

Doesn't look too bad, although I think I'll try making a more accurate cloak of my own when the time comes.

Have you tried it with the Barbie sword and shield? They would obviously need some extra weathering, but the detail and size seems like they would work pretty well with the HT figure...

Very nice! :clap

cheers mate yeah i think is serviceable if you can find it parted out or on deep discount ,

saying that the sword and the shield look okay if you worked on them so you could alternate between bvs look and stand alone world war one version

Doesn't look too bad, although I think I'll try making a more accurate cloak of my own when the time comes.

Have you tried it with the Barbie sword and shield? They would obviously need some extra weathering, but the detail and size seems like they would work pretty well with the HT figure...

35019254004_669946ce74_c.jpg
35859001585_53ed2e1150_z.jpg
35727365431_439ed6df75_c.jpg

serviceable

Last edited:
Back