Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am right and you are wrong and you should just acknowledge that I am king of your universe right now.
t0m537_Sir_Patrick_Stewart-s406x310-36485-580.jpg

No actually I think I'm gonna post some more batman pics and hopefully get this thread back on track because I think I'm most responsible for taking it off.
006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

sorry for the ____ty pics guys my Iphone 3GS camera sucks. Just thought ya'll would like to see how amazing this figure looks even in heavy light and horrible pixels.

man the figure looks sweeet in those pics!!!

I don't hate either version. I just don't understand how so many people could get up in arms about me saying they look very similar this morning. I mean come on most people who aren't nerds like us can't even tell that they changed the costume at all between batman and batman returns.

i agree, i like when they change the costumes for every movie, it gives the movie its own unique look and feel. unfortunatly it looks like the TDR will have the sam od suitfrom the last one. the 89 and Returns suits do have similiarities but obviously very different as the same time.the structure of the suit is the same, but the style is totally different.

i like both symbols but honestly prefer the Returns symbol as it looks more like the comics one. as a kid i never noticed the symobl difference but i dont mind it, i just prefer the classic symbol as oposed to the 89 one. i also love both suits, but for different reasons. i like the 89 animalistic leathe bat-skin look, with the fake musculature and the all black with the bright yellow. its a classic look and real badass looking, and it started the trend of black rubber batsuits (and black eye makeup) which we still see in use to this day. but i love th Returns suit for the sleeker look and the matte black which an almost greyish tint but blends in rea nicely wit the shadows. the more "armor"ish look of the rreturns armor is cool and sleek and makes sense since the city now knows him and that he is not really a 6 foot bat but a feared crimefighter. so he doesnt really "need" to have that fake muscle stuff.

and honestly, as much as i did and still do enjoy Forever, i have a hard time counting Forever as a legit sequel to burtons films. i view it more lik nolans movies, as a reinvention of the series.

as while we're on the subject of Returns, ok so it didnt focus soley on batman, but is that even such a bad thing? sure batman is cool but i find the vilians are ussully the best thing about the batman movies. a batman movie to me, is only as good as its villians, and the villians in Returns were superbly well done right up there wit nicholsos joker. but as far as im concerned, ALL the batman movies have there flaws. i just have a harder time with nolans flaws then i do with burtons or even schumachers. i thought the original films were more fun and the visuals are hands down thebest hollywood had to offer a batman movie. the new ones to me are visually dull. but i can watch the older films over and over especially burtons, and never get tired of it. they are very entertaining. i think the older films felt more like he comic books, and i do believe a comic book movie should have a bit of camp and that OTT comic book quality to make it fun and entertaining.

not to mention elfmans music.:cool::cool: i sure mis hearing that theme in batman films. it hasnt been the same without his awsome scores.

Last edited:
This is why the '89 and Begins suits are my favorites, they each make Batman seem like an entity and not a person to me in their own way. With '89, it's the flow of all the elements, the anatomy of the armor, the way the cowl and cape work together, it feels less like a suit and more like an actual creature. With the Begins suit, it's the way the silhouette works with the massive, flowing cape he wears, shots showing the armor detail lose that a bit, but so often in that movie you see him wrapping up in the cape and concealing himself and feeling like some ghoulish entity and it work great. The other suits have all felt like armor and lose that quality. I support it with the TDK suit because I back up the notion that practical use should sometimes win over aesthetic, the Begins suit looks intimidating but the TDK allows you to kick ass.

I would love to see the 89 suit design made with the refined qualities of the Returns suit. The cowl actually feels that way even how it is in the movie. It's different but not so much it looks like 89 reinvented, just refined.

:exactly:
I love the primal basic feel of the 89 suit, it looks real and believable. I never liked the chest on the Returns suit, too armor-like for me. The cowl whilst more sophisticated was beautiful in Returns but still not as cool as the first version.
As for Nolan verse Batman, Begins was the only suit that I personally felt embodied the character, a perfect mix of theatrical and dramatic.

I can't believe that I have not seen a single bad photo of this guy. Knowing how figures usually look better in person, I imagine I am in for a real treat. Originally, Bats was going to be my first DX figure but I decided to take the plunge on DX Jack Sparrow, who will be arriving mid week. So that means that I will be likely getting two exceptional figures within a week of each other. It is mind-blowing!

:exactly:
I love the primal basic feel of the 89 suit, it looks real and believable. I never liked the chest on the Returns suit, too armor-like for me. The cowl whilst more sophisticated was beautiful in Returns but still not as cool as the first version.
As for Nolan verse Batman, Begins was the only suit that I personally felt embodied the character, a perfect mix of theatrical and dramatic.

I don't mind the more armor style of the Returns, it's just the actual design of that motif that I don't like. TDK suit, Even Begins, has an armor feel but the patterns to it are interesting, the Returns suit is some odd mix between human anatomy and the Batmobile shields.

My first DX was Indiana Jones, so its all uphill from there. Got Sparrow. Third will be Keaton Bats. And I'm really excited about Nicholson. Like Batfreak said, its the villains that do it for me. Jack will be my first DX villain.

Funny, for DX'd villains, HT has only done Jokers.

Well, unless the villain is the main focus of the film (Terminator, Predator, Alien), HT really doesn't do villains in series often, for some weird reason. I would think they'd be as popular as heroes.

Certainly HT will DX a Star Wars villain -- my guess is Maul next -- and I wonder if they'll be DXing Penguin or Catwoman?

They absolutely have to DX Michelle, it's a masked figure and needs it for expression and punch, much like Keaton. And they can panel it along the stitch lines of the mask so it wouldn't be so obvious

Penguin I'm not sure sure they need to do it but it would be a nice surprise.

They do have Red Skull, Loki, and Iron Monger coming. So maybe they are delving more into scum and villainy.

Yeah, but we were speaking specifically about DX villains. Jokers only so far.

I'm not talking just DX, but HT in general, they seem to steer away from pure villains, they don't exclude them, but they certainly miss them. On percentage, HT makes more heroes and variants of those heroes than villain characters.

I think Catwoman and Penguin will both be DX figures.

Catwoman and Penguin's PERS system could be accessed at the bottom of their heads like DX 02 Batman if it's just a head that sits on a neck peg (especially in Catwoman's case). So no problem there.

Well it does seem in general that HT gives you the main hero, the biggest name actor (like Hopkins' Odin) and/or the villain. Almost every line seems to follow this formula lately. 'Line', not a one-off like Indy or Superman.

But no, HT is not very villain friendly, where they will make 4 Jack Sparrow variants and only make Davy and no Barbossa.

And on top of that, they seem to only pour a lot into villains of their bread and butter properties. We'll get Joker Catwoman and Penguin from Burton's Batmans and Bane and Catwoman from TDKR and all the Iron Man and other Marvel villains, but lesser lines like Pirates will be ignored.

I think we've gotten a healthy serving of villains/bad guys. Not including the likes of the Alien, Predator and Terminator, I think we've done pretty well.

Off the top of my head there's now,

- The Joker (All versions)
- The Joker
- Catwoman
- Penguin
- Two-Face
- Scarecrow
- Bane
- T-1000
- Barnes
- Hans Landa
- Clubber Lang
- Ivan Drago
- Noland
- Davy Jones
- T-600
- Wesker
- Jack Krauser
- Ganado
- Apes
- Red Skull
- Iron Monger
- New Goblin
- Loki
- Whiplash

There's probably more with the lines that I'm not even interested in like their weird anime stuff.

Last edited:
Back