Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wonder if we ever get a keaton headsculpt with Returns batman, if they will also include the rockin black turtle neck with jeans like in 89, or if someone will do a custom. i remember i bought a one just cuz batman has one haha. i think val also rocked the black turleneck in Forever.

I am so excited to own this figure. Batman was my childhood hero and Michael Keaton was the Batman I grew up with - much like people have a James Bond. When I played with the Kenner toys as a child I would move them like Keaton moved - moving his whole body to turn his head - how he looked and acted was Batman to me. His suit is perfect, the car is perfect and the movie had such a dark tone to it that it gave me chills. I love that so many people on this forum share the same nostalgia for this character and we can all now buy that perfect figure we all longed for when we were 10 years old.

I am so excited to own this figure. Batman was my childhood hero and Michael Keaton was the Batman I grew up with - much like people have a James Bond. When I played with the Kenner toys as a child I would move them like Keaton moved - moving his whole body to turn his head - how he looked and acted was Batman to me. His suit is perfect, the car is perfect and the movie had such a dark tone to it that it gave me chills. I love that so many people on this forum share the same nostalgia for this character and we can all now buy that perfect figure we all longed for when we were 10 years old.

Well said sir, I too had those toys as a child and would love looking at them to see how the suit looked up close. Never did I think I'd have the chance to own what is basically a mini Keaton in his costume showing all of the details of the suit including the air bag in his shoes.

anyone ever notice in the film that the special "eye lighting" effect thy usedon batman in a number of scenes? i wonder if anyone can do that with the hot toys batman. like when batman "rises" after suiting up, and after he slams the thugs nuts with the spatula thing in the tower. i always thought that was such a simple yet effecive way to make batman look more dramatic and vampirish. its actually a very old technique used in really old films like bela lugosi's dracula. it adds the eerieness to the character. tim burton must have been the one who thought of this idea, which is awsome cuzi think he rally loves thos old monster movies so it would make sense.

Well said sir, I too had those toys as a child and would love looking at them to see how the suit looked up close. Never did I think I'd have the chance to own what is basically a mini Keaton in his costume showing all of the details of the suit including the air bag in his shoes.

same here, i had all the kennertoys and stuff from all the original batmans, i was well, a bat-freak! haha. my whole roomwas batman and i must have watched the original films 1000000 time!

also a little off topic, but i also have my very own batsuit.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/57027940@N07/5738442491/in/photostream

Hey Pred, those are the first pics I have seen where Bats has his weapons on his belt. How do they attach?

it's kind of weird the grappling hook breaks apart in to two separate pieces and one pieces attaches to a clip that clips on to the belt and the other piece is magnetized to his belt(very loosley I might add). I'm actually not a huge fan. I think they either should have used a more powerful magnet or just had that peice attach to the other piece which is clipped on.
021.JPG

022.JPG

Last edited:
Nipples, eh?

for movie accuracies sake, but somehow i new someone would mention it. seriously, i do not get why that is such a big deal. i never even noticed them until nerds started bringing it up. the panther suit still rocks though.

for movie accuracies sake, but somehow i new someone would mention it. seriously, i do not get why that is such a big deal. i never even noticed them until nerds started bringing it up. the panther suit still rocks though.

I'm not a fan of the nipps, but I do feel like it is:horse and the most exaggerated topic in all of geekdom

i was well, a bat-freak!
also a little off topic, but i also have my very own batsuit.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/57027940@N07/5738442491/in/photostream

You mean, 'are' a bat-freak?

There are fans and even freaks, I got that, but there is something very akward, imo, about grown men wearing a batman costume.
If you're an actor, fine, even Keaton had a funny moment with director Tim Burton when he had a moment of reflection of what he was doing when he was realizing he was dressed up like a freak, but in his defense, he got paid to were that outfit.

But what is it with grown men actually willing to spend money for a batman costume? :slap
Is it Halloween 365 days a year at your home or what?

I was just wondering thats all.
But can you give me a straight and objective explanation?

ow so you call him a nerd, but who is the grown one wearing a batman suit in his own living room? :slap:rotfl
collecting toys of a movie you like is one thing, but buying-wearing-a batsuit and posing and even making gimmics like batman...seriously :)

now we are on the subject, how much did you actually pay for that batman suit?

edit: i just figured out something, maybe you bought that suit to make some weird latex sexual fantasy become reality :) than it would make sense to buy such thing! :)

Last edited:

cuz..............

I'm batman.

its something called "costuming". look it up, particularly Brotherhood of the Bat. also have a profesional Ghostbusters uniform and a few years ago i did a rambo outfit, that is in my avatar.

but this alo begs the question why would a grown man collect action figures?

Last edited:
Got mine today and I love him, so much so I think I am going to get a third one :D

batman-56800-albums-toys-picture7521-batman-out-box.jpg

The suit is very nice. I'm not worried about it at all. Seems really durable. The PERS seems a lot more sturdy than previous releases too. I wish I had time to take some better pics.

why get 2 more, or 3??

also can someone please explain was Futz is? everyone talks about it for the cape but what is it"?

You mean, 'are' a bat-freak?

There are fans and even freaks, I got that, but there is something very akward, imo, about grown men wearing a batman costume.
If you're an actor, fine, even Keaton had a funny moment with director Tim Burton when he had a moment of reflection of what he was doing when he was realizing he was dressed up like a freak, but in his defense, he got paid to were that outfit.

But what is it with grown men actually willing to spend money for a batman costume? :slap
Is it Halloween 365 days a year at your home or what?

ow so you call him a nerd, but who is the grown one wearing a batman suit in his own living room? :slap:rotfl

collecting toys of a movie you like is one thing, but buying-wearing-a batsuit and posing and even making gimmics like batman...seriously :)
Dude It's his money, if that's what he's in to thats what he's in to. The same discrimination you are giving him right now could be said for all of us who purchase high end figures. No offence but I think your posting this question in the wrong place (not to say it's not a reasonable question, but in my opinion you seem to be being a ____ about it.
Don't worry Bat freak I used to be in to high end costumes to. I get it bro.
l_790692af6eafec0cce800927b2a1c287.jpg

008.jpg

I spent alot of money on this costume b/c I LOVED the movie and just relished in the idea of wearing it on Halloween. Plus I though it would help me pick up girls on halloween, which it did:yess: When I got bored with it I was able to sell it for a profit so it was win win. Does this answer your question Weltmaster.

Last edited:
Back