Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the look of this figure a lot....I just can't pull the trigger on this figure until I see in hand pics of the JN Joker DX.

Some will power friend....:thud:

I have it towards many figs but this figure is one of the classics. I cannot pass regardless of Joker and the wait is killer....

^^^^ Bats should give him a noogie :lol
Okay
IMG_2185.jpg

Email from AEC:
"I know that everyone is anxiously awaiting the Hot Toys 1989 Batman & Joker Figures, and we're getting a lot of emails and phone calls about when they are expected to ship and how we're going to handle the combo pack orders.

As of yesterday, Sideshow had no new shipping information on either figure other than Batman is expected in February and Joker is expected in March. That could mean that Batman is shipping the last week of February and Joker is shipping the first week of March. It could also mean that Batman is shipping in March and Joker is shipping in April. If you've been collecting for a while, you know how often release dates change.

We're holding off on deciding how we're going to ship the combo packs until we have solid shipping information. As soon as we have more info, we'll share it via Twitter, Facebook and in the newsletter."
Interesting, thanks for that! I don't need Batman next week; I just got Classic Predator and Captain America. If I have to wait until March to get Batman and Joker, that's ok. But Batman in March and Joker in April would be nice too.

Oh no!! I noticed today a yellow paint smudge on the outer black band of the symbol. Should I return it? Should I attempt to fix it? Or should I stop being so crazy and ____ and just accept that nothing is ever 100% perfect?

No, the piece is molded in black, you should have no problems removing it carefully with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol.

Man, after seeing your pics I have to say that I´m failry convinced about the poseability and durability of the new suit/rubber.
Def buy for me and hopefully there are some cool poses into this...

It's really durable. I was always worried posing my TDK Batman figures but this one I am not worried at all.

No, the piece is molded in black, you should have no problems removing it carefully with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol.

It's really durable. I was always worried posing my TDK Batman figures but this one I am not worried at all.

Don't do it! Look carefully at the bat symbol, it may be cast in black but the entire front has been painted yellow first, then a second coat of black has been added ONTOP of the yellow paint, rub alcohol on this and you are going to be left with a hell of a mess!:panic:

Don't do it! Look carefully at the bat symbol, it may be cast in black but the entire front has been painted yellow first, then a second coat of black has been added ONTOP of the yellow paint, rub alcohol on this and you are going to be left with a hell of a mess!:panic:

Yes, but his paint smear is not on the Bat, it is a little yellow line on the side outer edge of the oval.

Be careful it's not just a simple flat acrylic black they used on the symbol it's either glossy or they sealed it with a gloss because it has a subtle but reflective sheen to it IMO :lecture

Try lightly and I do mean lightly, mix of light dish washing soap and water. Try rubbing it off with a paper towel gently, or you can use a small mixture of paint brush cleaner.

In the past I've used these methods for paint smudges on plastic or vinyl pieces.
Never use alcohol or acetone, paint will be destroyed :slap

Last edited:
Never use alcohol or acetone, paint will be destroyed :slap

Never use acetone because it can melt plastic.

3% isopropyl alcohol is very diluted and you would have to soak the part in it for hours to cause any of the paint damage you are speaking of.

However like you said, soap and water might do it to. Even using his fingernail might do it too. I just think he should try and remove it somehow before getting a replacement and paying more shipping or having to wait however long it will take to get a new part.

Anyone have a link to AE/AEC?? I don't know which retailer that is, and since it looks like I'll have to wait anyway, I want to compare deals.

AE is good, but I would go with CSC if you want it quick like SSC, but AE is still faster than BBTS :lecture

Back