Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap Fail Hot Toys.

To quote Bob Morton - 'That's life in the big city'.

I'm sure they do take these things into consideration but in regards to worrying about my DX09 falling apart well that started with the damn PERS being broken so fingers crossed on the rubber suit. :pray:

To quote Bob Morton - 'That's life in the big city'.

I'm sure they do take these things into consideration but in regards to worrying about my DX09 falling apart well that started with the damn PERS being broken so fingers crossed on the rubber suit. :pray:

Well, I had hoped since it felt like it was a different type of rubber we'd be in luck.

Well, I had hoped since it felt like it was a different type of rubber we'd be in luck.

I never owned the DX02 but is the DX09 not made of a different type of rubber?

But I'm not worried about the suit on my DX09 as it is as strong as the day I got him.

I never owned the DX02 but is the DX09 not made of a different type of rubber?

But I'm not worried about the suit on my DX09 as it is as strong as the day I got him.

I don't have the DX02 yet, but I have the RAH Dark Knight and it most certainly is a different type of rubber. I watched a Youtube reviewer, I think It was Roscoe, and even he mentions it feels different and it almost feels like a dry vinyl he said if memory serves me correct.

I don't have the DX02 yet, but I have the RAH Dark Knight and it most certainly is a different type of rubber. I watched a Youtube reviewer, I think It was Roscoe, and even he mentions it feels different and it almost feels like a dry vinyl he said if memory serves me correct.

Or we could just say a little prayer each night to keep our Keaton Batman suit in mint condition. :lol

It has been so long since I have seen a DX09 YT review but the dry vinyl description rings a bell.

We need to do an annual checkup for him or something. Mine is kept in a display case and hasn't been touched in months. I'll check up on him end of this year.

20130417150306.jpg

All this talk of leaking only results in people worrying. I'm sure there are some collector who are determined to find faults with their figures. There's nothing wrong with it. Leave it.

Anyone have any issues with a foot falling off and being unable to get it back on?
Seems like a simple ball joint, but I can't seem to get it back in

Makes it difficult to pose without the base/holder

I just raised his left arm and the top of the left gauntlet just fell off lol. Held on with a drop of cheap glue lol

DX09 is my first HT. Heard about the DX02 issues and while I was told by those who have both DXs 02 and 09 that the material for the latter is indeed different, I thought I better check on my Keaton Bats regularly. Among all my figures, it's the only one I thoroughly clean every month using a damp microfiber cloth. I live in a very humid country and I have no AC, but so far, so good. Suit's still in brand new condition. I guess keeping him in neutral pose helps, too.

I'm quite impressed that the stock cape is very much intact as well. No flaking. Only misfortune my DX09 had was the breaking of its PERS. No biggie as it's hidden and eyes can still be moved separately after taking the joystick off.

I recommend getting a cordless dehumidifier if the room is humid or gets warm durinf the day. You can find the Stack-On dehumidifier on amazon/ebay.

My HT figures and DX09 stand inside a Detolf case out of sunlight but the living room tends to get really warm throughout the day because we dont have the AC on when no one is home.

Back