Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I heard back from Movie Based Face book page and hear is the E-mail on the steel mill dio

The estimated pre-order start for our teased The Steel Mill diorama base will be in the beginning of next month.
The estimated price will be $260, worldwide shipping included, they will also come with a custom 1/6 crane hook on chains for additional display possibilities.

We saw that you already joined our newsletter so you will be updated on this and further projects,
but since we plan to make only a few of these we can already reserve a spot for you if you like!

Just let us know and we will pm you directly when we are ready for pre-order.

Thanks again and have a nice day!

The Movie Based - Team

Last edited:
Would really want to see a completed prototype first. Not feeling it based on that rendering alone.....

Wondering from where the chains would hang....also thinking the backdrop should have the railings higher up. I presume that's supposed to be where Sarah and John are standing.

If i see more photo's later I'LL POST later on , but I think I can create something similar based. I agree would want a better or full pic before pursuing but understand what saying A-dev

I was considering selling this, then I finally opened it. Won't be selling lol.

That's pretty funny, but good choice. This is one of those rare figures that I think will really hold up over time. This and Nicholson Joker are such outstanding figures on the shelf. Hard to imagine them as "dated" at some point.

OK I heard back from Movie Based Face book page and hear is the E-mail on the steel mill dio

The estimated pre-order start for our teased The Steel Mill diorama base will be in the beginning of next month.
The estimated price will be $260, worldwide shipping included, they will also come with a custom 1/6 crane hook on chains for additional display possibilities.

We saw that you already joined our newsletter so you will be updated on this and further projects,
but since we plan to make only a few of these we can already reserve a spot for you if you like!

Just let us know and we will pm you directly when we are ready for pre-order.

Thanks again and have a nice day!

The Movie Based - Team

$260 :horror That price is lame :lol

Like said before i think can make this dio fairly cheper and will pass for thier price. I have a clear plastic sheet and will just paint yellow n orange and put over a shadow box with some leds under it, and get the same effect but cheaper and pretty much have a good idea on how to aproach this dio idea set up.

Like said before i think can make this dio fairly cheper and will pass for thier price. I have a clear plastic sheet and will just paint yellow n orange and put over a shadow box with some leds under it, and get the same effect but cheaper and pretty much have a good idea on how to aproach this dio idea set up.
:exactly: Yours will probably be way better too cause you can design it the way you want it to look. The price to make it should be well under that $260 asking price :wink1:

See this is why the lowering into molten steel dio, although being something I do want to have, would not be my favorite. Unless you build the entire environment its gonna look kinda gimmicky, it wouldn't be great for scene recreation photos because there'd be no way to photograph it without the real world intruding on it because of all that mid-air space which can at best be filled by a printed-off backdrop. Unless, as I said, you actually build the whole damn visible portion of the steel mill in accurate horizontal and vertical dimensions.

On the other hand look at what DarkSpartan has been doing with his Hasta-la-vista scene and the upcoming ''T-800 stuck'' dioramas - very compact scenes that he can fill with detail, he included a backdrop in the former scene but it didn't have to awkwardly imply this huge vertical space for the scene to accurately be pulled off, not like you would the 'lowering into the steel'.

Everyone brings it up because its an important scene in the film but as a diorama, visually, its gonna be awkward.

Last edited:
I'll just do a movie screengrab backdrop and lava floor with pulley n chains hanging in the detolf. I 'll just be keeping it simple and will only be like my 2nd or 3rd dio i'v ever done. So realy a experiment to see if can make it at all. Like said just seems like a pretty easy dio so will give it a go!

Ok i just finished my body mod to the TTM20 , i think it came out great . saved me $140 bucks :yess:

xUujfYX.jpg

spvVyt6.jpg

2hm8mkj.jpg

also removed some blood from the face

7ocSx89.jpg

cDPl1lU.jpg

Qwas9zY.jpg

Why thank you Peetah. We Skype tomorrow brother. I'm sure you will be snowed in too.

Now I need another ttm20 for my T1 Police Station Massacre version

Back