Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
recieved a second battle damaged body out of Hong Kong for the DX13 :) and added aluminium foil behind the bullet holes of the artbox.

kbf975.jpg

So Stolen man, that's a top idea. Hope you don't mind

So Stolen man, that's a top idea. Hope you don't mind

that's why i post these little things that can be added ;) go ahead hehehehe... and to all them out there: great pictures i see passing by. for myself i just recieved two pair of extra hands, display base and grenatelauncher. finally i can complete the setup as i wanted it to be. and made a little custom bd arm to put in the T-1000 liquid's hands. here are some more pictures ;) enjoy!!

2zyyfps.jpg

2u9h7hz.jpg

ibyo8n.jpg

ojk91.jpg

2r2sqqx.jpg

ydyj9.jpg

nfo18m.jpg

167vvog.jpg

why does everybody get blue leds on the stand?
mine are clean white, both, though one has 1 light not working O_O

^:lol

On the rubbing alcohol front, I got some today. I tried it on an MMS117 endo-arm first with zero apparent effect but I thought I'd give it a go on DX13 aswell, thinking though that it wasn't gonna work, I had perhaps bought the wrong stuff.

However, it certainly is removing paint as the Q-tips are red. I went too hard on the chest though and exposed a black layer, creating a more matte appearance. Not too noticeable but just a warning if anyone is also thinking of doing this to remove excess blood and the bronze-look to the endo parts. Don't rub hard. Better to take off too little than too much.

^:lol

On the rubbing alcohol front, I got some today. I tried it on an MMS117 endo-arm first with zero apparent effect but I thought I'd give it a go on DX13 aswell, thinking though that it wasn't gonna work, I had perhaps bought the wrong stuff.

However, it certainly is removing paint as the Q-tips are red. I went too hard on the chest though and exposed a black layer, creating a more matte appearance. Not too noticeable but just a warning if anyone is also thinking of doing this to remove excess blood and the bronze-look to the endo parts. Don't rub hard. Better to take off too little than too much.

Good thing you have multiples and can experiment :horror

What percent rubbing alcohol are you using Adev?

It doesn't say.

I'm wondering should I wait and see if it has any unforeseen side effects before using it on more figures. Do I need to be rinsing this stuff off after use or will just dabbing it with tissue be OK?

Not overwhelmed by the difference on the DX13. Only with a direct side-by-side comparison can I really tell I've had an effect. Unfortunately natural light was already on its way out when I started this. I'll need to look at it tomorrow.

Nice crisp shot. I like your lighting too whatever it is.

I didn't wanna open my cabinet so took the shots through the glass and the flash off my camera bounced off the glass and the background, think it turned out well :)

Back