Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, I just had to do an edit of one the recent pics:

View attachment 726383

I've borrowed your handy mod if you don't mind, BMD.

At the risk of annoying people who I know are pretty happy with this figure as is, this is how I propose the clean and semi-BD sculpts more ought to look

Spoiler Spoiler:

To clarify in case I otherwise cause confusion - Hot Toys haven't yet shown nor indicated that they intend to show a clean, non-battle-damaged sculpt - the 'clean' sculpt here is BadMuthaDude's photoshop and I made changes of my own over it.

Just saw this and d@mn this looks pretty good for 1/6. Never owned a hot toy and tempted by this. Going to think long and hard, as I've never collected at this scale.

Any chance they can dial down the blood effects on the exposed endo knee and severed arm? BD effect would look better with a bit less blood and bit more metal.

I've borrowed your handy mod if you don't mind, BMD.

At the risk of annoying people who I know are pretty happy with this figure as is, this is how I propose the clean and semi-BD sculpts more ought to look

To clarify in case I otherwise cause confusion - Hot Toys haven't yet shown nor indicated that they intend to show a clean, non-battle-damaged sculpt - the 'clean' sculpt here is BadMuthaDude's photoshop and I made changes of my own over it.

Amazing work there man.

Just saw this and d@mn this looks pretty good for 1/6. Never owned a hot toy and tempted by this. Going to think long and hard, as I've never collected at this scale.

Any chance they can dial down the blood effects on the exposed endo knee and severed arm? BD effect would look better with a bit less blood and bit more metal.

Agreed, but I doubt it. This is how HT seems to think it should look, gory and blood-drenched. They did the same with the DX13.

@a-dev you should definitely send that to HT. Worth a shot!

Thanks Cap'n. Hasn't got much reaction here yet* so I'm half-thinking people must think I'm wrong. Or they're sick of this same routine everytime - someone breaking out the arrows and the red circles and so on. I get it. But I just can't help it when it comes to an Arnie T-800.

I like the center face - the eyes look amazing if the production figures can come out close to that - but as usual they've gotten the shape of his face wrong, the hairline wrong and the outer silhouette of the hair - despite improved sculpted spiking - is still too tight, neat and rounded. Those are the things I've changed.
It's possible I'm not bang-on either - when you're not working in 3D it's hard to be sure of the hairline on the sides - and it's possible I've got the hair a bit too tall in places. But overall I think these alterations significantly improve it. Now, for me, it just involved redrawing the hair and pretty much making the hair be the thing that narrows the face. When Rotfish did his correction back on page 12 he also narrowed the face across the brow and cheekbones and brought the ears in tighter. Here I was trying to see how much improvement I could bring without doing anything to the brow and cheekbones and ear position knowing that Hot Toys would probably want the least amount of work possible. But I don't know, maybe what I've done would not actually be any less work in practice on a 3D sculpt. And maybe Rotfish's additional narrowing of brow, cheekbones and ears really would be necessary too.

Anyway, as the figure stands I'm buying one but one only. I'm a sucker, I can't miss out on a new T1 or T2 release. But it isn't worth replacing my various DX13s with. Just not enough of an improvement, indeed it repeats with exactitude the most obvious flaws of DX13.

* ah, it got a few more likes while I was typing this.

Last edited:
Agreed, but I doubt it. This is how HT seems to think it should look, gory and blood-drenched. They did the same with the DX13.

Thanks Cap'n. Hasn't got much reaction here yet so I'm half-thinking people must think I'm wrong. Or they're sick of this same routine everytime - someone breaking out the arrows and the red circles and so on. I get it. But I just can't help it when it comes to an Arnie T-800.

I like the center face - the eyes look amazing if the production figures can come out close to that - but as usual they've gotten the shape of his face wrong, the hairline wrong and the outer silhouette of the hair - despite improved sculpted spiking - is still too tight, neat and rounded. Those are the things I've changed.
It's possible I'm not bang-on either - when you're not working in 3D it's hard to be sure of the hairline on the sides - and it's possible I've got the hair a bit too tall in places. But overall I think these alterations significantly improve it. Now, for me, it just involved redrawing the hair and pretty much making the hair be the thing that narrows the face. When Rotfish did his correction back on page 12 he also narrowed the face across the brow and cheekbones and brought the ears in tighter. Here I was trying to see how much improvement I could bring without doing anything to the brow and cheekbones and ear position knowing that Hot Toys would probably want the least amount of work possible. But I don't know, maybe what I've done would not actually be any less work in practice on a 3D sculpt. And maybe Rotfish's additional narrowing of brow, cheekbones and ears really would be necessary too.

Anyway, as the figure stands I'm buying one but one only. I'm a sucker, I can't miss out on a new T1 or T2 release. But it isn't worth replacing my various DX13s with. Just not enough of an improvement, indeed it repeats what are to me the most obvious flaws of DX13 verbatim.

Oi can’t trust ‘people’ mate. 😂

Your edit is BANG on.

This one is still bugging me. Do I get one, even though I have the DX13 and it looks fine (no flakes etc). Is this worth getting to put alongside the DX13 and swap the sculpt etc? aargh.

Will probably bite from Kit, in the end.

@a-dev you should definitely send that to HT. Worth a shot!

I contacted them about the battle damaged hands when the DX13 promo pics were released. No reply. And now they're reusing the same hands. They seem to not be aware that the left hand and forearm were stripped of flesh before he got all banged up.

t2-gloves.jpg

I contacted them about the battle damaged hands when the DX13 promo pics were released. No reply. And now they're reusing the same hands. They seem to not be aware that the left hand and forearm were stripped of flesh before he go all banged up.

View attachment 726670
That's a really good point! He'd already stripped off the flesh at the Dyson residence.

Back