Hot Toys Falconer Predator Figure (now with full spec and pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Celtic is correct.

Hot Toys was not allowed to make the face for Falconer (and they won't be able to make one for Tracker).

And NO...they cannot still do it if they wanted.
They are allowed to make these figures as long as they follow licensing agreements with FOX and KNB.

Both FOX and KNB can tell Hot Toys what they can and cannot do with their figures and have final approval.

The reason they can't is they caved on the licensing agreement. So it still is/was their decision. There choice. So I 'll just do it my self.:pfft:

Just an observation. HT was only doing a smart business move cause they knew they could move the product, face or not. Why fight for a face? KNB said no, HT said fine. Thats fine. I'll do it myself.

Great...another super business wiz who knows EXACTLY how things are run in the big companies. :slap

I have to say that I wouldn't surprise me if hot toys release an exclusive falconer. Or tracker with a removable helmet after the non removable helmet ones are sold out

Great...another super business wiz who knows EXACTLY how things are run in the big companies. :slap

No. And yes its an over simplification but I've been collecting for 20 odd years. This is what they do and its smart business. Its just aggrivating.

Think thats good enough reason to do it ourselves.

But weren't you saying that HT was at fault for no pushing hard enough to get the rights? Agreeing to Sabres' post above cancels that out though, it says that you know that KnB is at fault here and no matter what HT did they would not and will not get the rights for the faces.

I swear, please do not take this as one of those smart assed remarks, I honestly am trying to understand the conversation and your view point.

Thats what I believe, yes. I think HT should have pushed harder for full rights. Please understand this is opinion. Also, I think its funny. This last discussion was intend to provoke thoughts about customizing Falconer with the 'serker head....lol.

Oh yeah that's fine, I look forward to seein all of these customs. And of course, Hot Toys should have gone into KnB FX with guns a blazin demanding the rights.

Well I think they could have used a little more leverage. I mean this will be the definitive figure of this character. And if they hadn't set precident with AVP it wouldn't be a big deal.

I think it's just a case of ADI didn't really care what kind of design HT came up with for the Pred's whose face we never saw in a movie.

KNB, obviously, doesn't feel the same way...and I can see their reasoning.

The new Predator breed are different than normal Preds, so maybe it's a case of they didn't want someone not involved with the company coming up with a design that's not really a creation of KNB.

I am very upset this fact. No faces in the movie and we will get figure without face. But if we're look at the tracker and falconer heads. We can see how they similar with berserker.

TSP.jpg
FSP.jpg
BSP.jpg

KNB just did different colors for they heads.

They didn't have different heads like lost hunters from Predator 2.

Back