Hot Toys Gort Predator: Officially Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess that clears up the whole "eBay exclusive thing"... This is inevitably going to become that kind of situation. Boy, oh, boy. I can see those prices now.

I would be all over this if I didn't have a P2, but I can't dish out money for just another version of the P2. I need something else included besides "touch ups" to the original P2 to get me to buy this. Hopefully HT has something else they include with this.

I would be all over this if I didn't have a P2, but I can't dish out money for just another version of the P2. I need something else included besides "touch ups" to the original P2 to get me to buy this. Hopefully HT has something else they include with this.
solution - sell the P2 and get this one. this and the Lost look cooler anyway.
also, they don't carry the shame of getting _____ed up by danny glover.

This clearer pic been posted?
20100525_1449401da4835ccab63bQfLSk0LN7Ylk.jpg

For some reason, his left guantlet look GINORMOUS.

solution - sell the P2 and get this one. this and the Lost look cooler anyway.
also, they don't carry the shame of getting _____ed up by danny glover.

Man, I'm having a tough time wrestling this idea around... I don't really know what to do. Think about it this way -- the P2 also has a different head than Gort. This new one simply has a repainted P1 sculpt. Cool, but it takes some of the uniqueness away. I'd be more psyched if we at least got Snake with the Gort helmet.
I've got three HT Preds: the P1, the BD P2, and the AVP Celtic. If I give up my P2 for Gort, then I'll have two Preds with the same heads (lol, that rhymed!). It's a big fat "meh..." for me. Granted, the newer HT Predator figs sport the latest and greatest paint apps (I also think the job on the AVP's was better than the job on the P2), but I just don't know. The hell of it is, from the looks of that release date, I'd better decide quick.

Wanting pure diversity in a Predator display is nice, yet it's a total pain in the ___ when a conundrum like this comes along. I will say that Gort looks better... I just need a few more pics to tell whether or not he's different enough (armor color, skin color, etc.). I don't need another silver-armored Pred. A bronze or brown-silver will suffice. Also the skin color must be unique enough. To me, Gort looks like a blueish brown. Seems okay. It won't do too much good to judge just from these pictures, though.

Man, I'm having a tough time wrestling this idea around... I don't really know what to do. Think about it this way -- the P2 also has a different head than Gort. This new one simply has a repainted P1 sculpt. Cool, but it takes some of the uniqueness away. I'd be more psyched if we at least got Snake with the Gort helmet.
I've got three HT Preds: the P1, the BD P2, and the AVP Celtic. If I give up my P2 for Gort, then I'll have two Preds with the same heads (lol, that rhymed!). It's a big fat "meh..." for me. Granted, the newer HT Predator figs sport the latest and greatest paint apps (I also think the job on the AVP's was better than the job on the P2), but I just don't know. The hell of it is, from the looks of that release date, I'd better decide quick.

Wanting pure diversity in a Predator display is nice, yet it's a total pain in the ___ when a conundrum like this comes along. I will say that Gort looks better... I just need a few more pics to tell whether or not he's different enough (armor color, skin color, etc.). I don't need another silver-armored Pred. A bronze or brown-silver will suffice. Also the skin color must be unique enough. To me, Gort looks like a blueish brown. Seems okay. It won't do too much good to judge just from these pictures, though.

Yeah but the gort figure will be ten times more sought after then the predator 2, and it will sell for alot of money.

Last edited:
For some reason, his left guantlet look GINORMOUS.
Isn't that because this is the P1 body, smaller, with the P2 armor?
Yeah but the gort figuree will be ten times more sought after then the predator 2, and it will sell for alot of money.

Thats not a real good reason, IMO, to buy a figure. That just takes one away from someone who really wants it.

Thats not a real good reason, IMO, to buy a figure. That just takes one away from someone who really wants it.

:lecture

Sadly, as true as that statement is, this will undoubtedly be an eBay exclusive. We all know what happens with figures like those (and how they are viewed).

Sorry, i guess your wright. You should love a figure, because your a fan of the movie, or the franchise, and not buy a figure, just because of the value it sells for.

Im getting mine just because i dont have a hot toys predator figure, and that i love the predator movies.

Im getting mine just because i dont have a hot toys predator figure, and that i love the predator movies.

Then why didn't you get the P1 Predator when you had the chance? :huh

i'm going for the diversity thing too. i got rid of the P2 because it looked boring next to the Lost when i got it, and i don't need a bajillion predators in my collection. the Gort is technically a re-hash P1, but the color scheme and bio/armor are totally different and will look awesome next to my Elder and Lost. plus, the scene they were in was the coolest part of the whole movie, maybe the franchise. if HT keeps making more lost clan preds, i'll keep getting them.
Yeah but the gort figuree will be ten times more sought after then the predator 2, and it will sell for alot of money.
not if i get it before it sells out. i've gotten every pred i've wanted so far when it was released so i don't have that problem.

Sorry, i guess your wright. You should love a figure, because your a fan of the movie, or the franchise, and not buy a figure, just because of the value it sells for.
yeah, i have a good education and a nice job, so i don't need to scalp my toys. i'd rather have them than the extra couple hundred $$ i'd get for selling them. it's not like selling classic cars or black market guns. the return on collectible figures isn't great, or even worth the hassle.

@Prefused: Is Gort really that different, though? Sure, the bio is. But the headsculpt, skin patternation, and armor color isn't too different from the other Preds. Or at least, it's too early to know for sure with the lack of pictures here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back