Hot Toys Gort Predator: Officially Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing is the Lost predator is kind of a funky looking figure (especially the neck), but as a grouping I think he'd be cool with Gort, P2 and P2 Elder.

I know, it would make for an awesome diorama display. His price will probably sky rocket once people realize that too.

Yeah, the days of the $70 Lost Predator may soon be coming to a close.

Cleaner used to sell dirt cheap as well, but now its in the $200+ and rising camp.

Yeah, the days of the $70 Lost Predator may soon be coming to a close.

Cleaner used to sell dirt cheap as well, but now its in the $200+ and rising camp.
Really, $70? Thats pretty amazing for a Predator to sell 50% off retail.

What I am wondering is, will this come pre built or come as a model?

Seems they have moved away from the model figures... can't remember the last figure I got that I had to assemble.

Only thing is the Lost predator is kind of a funky looking figure (especially the neck), but as a grouping I think he'd be cool with Gort, P2 and P2 Elder.
the lost has the same neck as the other P2 figures.
they're all wrong, but i don't notice it after getting the dreads fixed.
makes a huge difference.

that reminds me - thanks again to Alice for the custom job.
it still looks awesome.

I just remembered I have two unopened Wolf Preds, this might be a time to get rid of one of them and pick this bad boy up.

I also saw some people putting a necklace from one of the other predators on him which helped him look a lot less gangly.

I thought I was done with hot toys preds, I'm not even going to
buy any from the up coming Predators movie.
But a Gort from Predator 2 is a must have. SOLD!!!!

I hope he comes with a neck collar unlike the Lost Pred. Hated the neck and put a spare Wolf collar on him. Looks 10000 times better now.

@Eighthsaumrai:
2r5yfpg.jpg

Best I could do :). Maybe darkening it more might've helped, but I reached my maximum.

thanks for doing that buddy. i can just make out the accessories - it lists the 2 masks (one of them the breather), 2 hands, and what could possibly be removable mandibles (but not sure about that one). and wait for it..... a skull trophy! sweet.

i broke down and ordered the lost pred a couple days ago. i originally cancelled it because of the neck and the fact i thought we wouldn't see any more in the line. problem 2 is fixed, and a bit of leather wrapping should fix the problem 1.

Awesome. I wasnt too interested in the Predators line so i'm super pleased with this. Would love to get Gort to go with the others. I only really had interest in the preds from the first two films anyway.

Anyone hear anything form Sideshow? Maybe we can shoot them an email and ask them if they'll be getting this piece? Or is it too early?

The Japanese text reads as follows:

Final Figure (literally, “3-D realization”) of Predator 2 is the “Guard” (literally, the one in charge of defense).

Movie Masterpiece Predator 2 1/6th scale figure – “Guardian Predator”. Height – 35 cm, 22 points of articulation. 2010 Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive – limited to 500 pieces within Japan (Pre-order split into two groups - 350 on July 17 and 150 on July 18).

Weapon accessories include extendable spear and shuriken. Other accessories include wearable mask, oxygen/breathing mask, skull trophy and removable fangs/tusks (assuming this is referring to the swap-able mandibles) and two replacement/exchangeable hands.

This description doesn't appear to cover everything included. Oh, and I took a look at the Hot Toys Japan website and saw that the Predator 1 Exclusive was also limited to 300 pieces in Japan, so these two new exclusives may not be that hard to get outside of Japan.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
i'm selling all my preds and aliens. too many slight variants and small accessory changes to warrant putting out an entirely new figure. HT is taking advantage of collectors that want the entire line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back