Hot Toys Gort Predator: Officially Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my favorite Predator mask. The gort is also my favorite of all the lost Hunters. Unfortunately this is probably going to be too expensive too difficult to fish and with my current economic condition I will most likely miss it. I have a two Predator 2s and if I could get a hold on that Gort bio or a copy of it I could batch one of my P2s into him. Fingers crossed. It is a shame that they are limiting one of the coolest preds in the pack.

Tom

That is my favorite Predator mask. The gort is also my favorite of all the lost Hunters. Unfortunately this is probably going to be too expensive too difficult to fish and with my current economic condition I will most likely miss it. I have a two Predator 2s and if I could get a hold on that Gort bio or a copy of it I could batch one of my P2s into him. Fingers crossed. It is a shame that they are limiting one of the coolest preds in the pack.

Tom

If you have two P2's, why not just sell one of them :slap?
Then the Gort and your P2 would be together.

@Prefused: Is Gort really that different, though? Sure, the bio is. But the headsculpt, skin patternation, and armor color isn't too different from the other Preds. Or at least, it's too early to know for sure with the lack of pictures here.
looks awfully different to me. as different as the Lost and P2 are at least.
plus, that's just how the actual movie props were made.
so, you're gonna get some spillover in the looks department anyway.

that's what i was worried about when i got the P1 since i already had the P2 Elder.
but, next to each other on the shelf, they're totally different despite having mostly the same armor.
the Gort has the same basic body/head sculpt but everything else is totally different.
and it's not like i'm ever gonna take that awesome bio off of the head.
If you have two P2's, why not just sell one of them :slap?
Then the Gort and your P2 would be together.
yeah, really. i got rid of both of mine and haven't missed them.

looks awfully different to me. as different as the Lost and P2 are at least.
plus, that's just how the actual movie props were made.
so, you're gonna get some spillover in the looks department anyway.

that's what i was worried about when i got the P1 since i already had the P2 Elder.
but, next to each other on the shelf, they're totally different despite having mostly the same armor.
the Gort has the same basic body/head sculpt but everything else is totally different.
and it's not like i'm ever gonna take that awesome bio off of the head.

yeah, really. i got rid of both of mine and haven't missed them.

True, true. I'm still not sure what to do, though. I mean, I don't know how you felt about your P2s, but the P2 is my favorite design from the original movies. Not sure I could part with that, considering the fantastic deal I got for him MIB three months ago.
I'm not one to sell things I just got, since nowadays, I usually buy stuff that I honestly want and would never trade for anything. If I get Gort, I highly doubt I'd get rid of my P2.

True, true. I'm still not sure what to do, though. I mean, I don't know how you felt about your P2s, but the P2 is my favorite design from the original movies. Not sure I could part with that, considering the fantastic deal I got for him MIB three months ago.
I'm not one to sell things I just got, since nowadays, I usually buy stuff that I honestly want and would never trade for anything. If I get Gort, I highly doubt I'd get rid of my P2.
different circumstances i guess. i got the P2s after i got rid of my AVP preds because i hated the movie and the lousy sculpts/dreads. then, when cooler stuff came out i got rid of the P2s because i got bored with them. i suppose if i just now got the P2, i wouldn't care as much about the Lost/Gort since it would already represent the movie. but, i always liked the lost clan preds more than the P2 and they make a great display together.

either way, i'd try to get the Gort as soon as you can. because if you change your mind later, you'll be screwed. if you get it and decide you don't like it later, i'm sure there will be someone here who is willing to take it off your hands.

My email from HT regarding Gort and the Sarah-1000:

Hi [Buttmunch],

Thanks for asking!

Sideshow will be distributing these collectible figures in the US. Please stay tuned for their update.

Regards,

Emily

"Sideshow will be distributing these collectible figures in the US. Please stay tuned for their update."

:yess::hi5:

Buttmunch you just made my day...well...night...well early morning. Like really early. 3:26AM here. But you get what I mean!

"Sideshow will be distributing these collectible figures in the US. Please stay tuned for their update."

Does this mean BBTS and other SS/HT distros will be able to put up PO's soon?

:yess::hi5:

Seconded - and very good news!

Perhaps the "Convention Exclusive 500 pieces" simply means there will be an initial run of 500 on sale ahead of a production run?

I find it difficult to believe Hot Toys would go to the extent of creating a new helmet and respirator, plus modifying the P2 armour for a P1 body, without giving it at least the same production run as the AVP Ancients (which were, what, a couple of thousand?). It just seems like a waste of the R&D costs.

does anyone have a high-res image of the text under the pic (like in the sarah thread)? i'd love to see what this guy comes with.

different circumstances i guess. i got the P2s after i got rid of my AVP preds because i hated the movie and the lousy sculpts/dreads. then, when cooler stuff came out i got rid of the P2s because i got bored with them. i suppose if i just now got the P2, i wouldn't care as much about the Lost/Gort since it would already represent the movie. but, i always liked the lost clan preds more than the P2 and they make a great display together.

either way, i'd try to get the Gort as soon as you can. because if you change your mind later, you'll be screwed. if you get it and decide you don't like it later, i'm sure there will be someone here who is willing to take it off your hands.

A valid point, indeed. It's been a pain playing catch-up with the P2 and my Celtic, so I'll give it some thought. True, if I don't want Gort in the end, I can certainly sell him. Better safe than sorry.

@Buttmunch: W00T!

@Eighthsaumrai:
2r5yfpg.jpg

Best I could do :). Maybe darkening it more might've helped, but I reached my maximum.

This guy kind of makes the earlier lost predator seem more attractive as a purchase.

Only thing is the Lost predator is kind of a funky looking figure (especially the neck), but as a grouping I think he'd be cool with Gort, P2 and P2 Elder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back