Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems like we are all adults here but there is a lot of immaturity going around,
if those 25$ affect you THAT much, your priorities are **** backwards and I'm not gonna sit here and feel bad for you, quite the opposite, I'm gonna laugh at you.

Because we all know that laughing at people is real mature. :lol

hahawtf.gif

Because we all know that laughing at people is real mature. :lol

hahawtf.gif

If that's all you got from my post....

I'll just sip on this tea and hope every site that opens up POs eventually enforce the NRD...see how that affects this bitchfest you guys got going on about putting a deposit down.

Funny thing is most times you PO something you either pay full in advance or have to put a deposit down....seems like a lot of you are disconnected from reality.

I think the truth is you really don't know if you want a figure until the final version makes retail. For instance...I thought for a fact I wanted the new hulk but after seeing in hand pics I canceled my aou version and bought the first avengers version. You are preordering a "prototype". If the final product changes, you should be able to change your preorder status. Otherwise this would not make hot toys keep improving the way they do. I always preorder through big bad which requires no tax and no deposit. The exclusives always get scalped up on sideshow anyways so I don't bother. Not worth the risk of the prototype changing and leaving you to unbearably buy a figure you dont quite like. I have preordered pepper and have hope that hot toys will change the figure for the better by the time release comes. Its 10× better than the ugly custom thats on ebay and its a character I know I want. I highly doubt they will resculpt a second version so lets be happy with what we get.

Lets be honest, if the final product differs from the prototype, usually is for the best, with some exceptions, I'm fairly new to this, but I think the only figure I recall seeing where the prototype was better than the final product was Igor and the final outcome wasn't even that bad at all.

The reality is, without an NRD people will PO figures they don't even like to begin with, because they can always cancel without any consequences and I'm sure that's what a lot of people were doing and SSC will get stuck with figures they'd be forced to give away through contests or mark down 20,30,40,50% to clear out space.

My thing is, practice some self control, sleep on ordering and if you like the prototype go for it, if you are a nit-picker about these figures, a safe bet would be to wait it out till the final product is out, there is no need to PO, if the figure sells out, you'll always find someone willing to sell, if you find yourself paying extra, don't blame it on the NRD, blame it on your inability to commit through a decision.

I think the truth is you really don't know if you want a figure until the final version makes retail. For instance...I thought for a fact I wanted the new hulk but after seeing in hand pics I canceled my aou version and bought the first avengers version. You are preordering a "prototype". If the final product changes, you should be able to change your preorder status. Otherwise this would not make hot toys keep improving the way they do. I always preorder through big bad which requires no tax and no deposit. The exclusives always get scalped up on sideshow anyways so I don't bother. Not worth the risk of the prototype changing and leaving you to unbearably buy a figure you dont quite like. I have preordered pepper and have hope that hot toys will change the figure for the better by the time release comes. Its 10× better than the ugly custom thats on ebay and its a character I know I want. I highly doubt they will resculpt a second version so lets be happy with what we get.

And if you know this is an issue or how you feel then don't order till you see in hand pics. When you PO you are signing a contract, promising to buy, and acknowledged that its a prototype and it may change. This is a company that's been around 15 plus years. It's pretty established and so are its practices.

If the company you bought from canceled your order if it turned out more popular or they thought they could sell it at a higher price you would be pissed.

And if you know this is an issue or how you feel then don't order till you see in hand pics. When you PO you are signing a contract, promising to buy, and acknowledged that its a prototype and it may change. This is a company that's been around 15 plus years. It's pretty established and so are its practices.

If the company you bought from canceled your order if it turned out more popular or they thought they could sell it at a higher price you would be pissed.

I'm pretty sure that last point you made is so brutally real none of the guys complaining about NRDs can challenge it :lol

I'm pretty sure that last point you made is so brutally real none of the guys complaining about NRDs can challenge it :lol

Would be nice. Lol but somehow I bet people still come up with justification and reasons why NRD sucks. It will be the standard "death in the family, lost job, medical bills" line. Despite the fact over a couple years I've seen hundreds of people say they cancelled their order and not one was for that reason.

I would bet they are just reused parts at this point. When they release her it will be with purpose built/specific hands for her.(or a new body, or both).

I think Hot Toys will eventually get the Pepper Potts figure right- fix the head sculpt and the hands. Doesn't the performer usually have to approve the figure? Knowing how particular Gwyneth Paltrow is about everything (read her Goop blog when you get a chance), I find it hard to believe she approved the prototype figure.
Here's a kitbashed Pepper Potts I put together earlier this year with parts from Ebay. image.jpg

No, the actor doesn't usually approve. Very few retain those rights. The studio(or license holder) does. And likeness is very subjective.

21198484758_6812af9156_k.jpg

So when did Christina Applegate wear the Iron Tux and why do her hands and feet suffer from acromegaly?

(Why anyone would purchase a figure of Paltry Gwennoe for any reason other than voodoo torture is beyond me.
I'd love to see Thanos turn Pepper into a crimson mist in slow motion. :mwaha

I'm also available for kid's birthdays.)

___

-
-
-
-
Imagine: Jame Gumb in a fireproof sports bra with his junk tucked back & dancing for Tony when he comes home to Malibu.

"Would you fark me, Tony? I'd fark me sooo hard . . . "

THAT would have made IM3 a halfway watchable film!

:lecture

f871a8c97d2a800a803bdea09cd298b2.jpg

___

Man, I PO'd this a while ago for pretty much for the Mark IX & exclusive illuminating helmet. Frankly, I really don't care about getting Pepper (if only they were selling the Mark IX on its own). But the more I sit here and see her weird bobblehead man-face stare back at me... the more I begin to question my overall decision to PO this thing in the first place. It's as if she is somehow ruining the Mark IX for me now.

If you don't care about pepper then what difference does it make how she looks? Odd

I'll be displaying her with the armor arm, so that solves part of the problem...and then the 42 helmet on my 42. Plus the mk9. Then maybe Tony or use another body to do pepper again, holding the light up helmet. So I'm looking at getting use out of 4 figures from this set. And since it's a proto I'll wait to see how the production figure looks before I make final judgment. Either way, I'm happy keeping my order. Getting more out of this set then most

Back