Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't care about pepper then what difference does it make how she looks? Odd

I'll be displaying her with the armor arm, so that solves part of the problem...and then the 42 helmet on my 42. Plus the mk9. Then maybe Tony or use another body to do pepper again, holding the light up helmet. So I'm looking at getting use out of 4 figures from this set. And since it's a proto I'll wait to see how the production figure looks before I make final judgment. Either way, I'm happy keeping my order. Getting more out of this set then most

Haha my post was more of a very poor attempt at humor with regards to how Pepper looks :slap. In reality, you are right - since I have PO'd this for the armor only, it really doesn't matter what Pepper looks like. I am just playing mental ping pong on whether or not I should keep my PO. Since I'm really buying this for the armor and don't really have plans to display Pepper, I'm viewing this purchase basically as $440 for the Mark IX - that's pretty pricey for an armor. I'm wrestling if I'd be willing to pay that much for a solo armor in itself (is the Mark IX cool enough for that cost?) I could always sell Pepper though. Not sure, but I honestly do understand that many/ most people are pretty pumped up for a Pepper figure - so I am happy for everyone else that they are making her!

Hey Gully, why don't you tell us how you really feel about the figure? j/k
I agree to some point. I don't like Gwyneth Paltrow the person, but I still want the figure to go with the others. I also wanted the exclusives and the Mk IX. That was my real goal of the purchase. I also believe this is just a cobbled together placeholder and will be much better by the release. It had better be.
Ryan

This is Pepper Potts....
Iron-Man-2-Character-Poster-Pepper-Potts_mid.jpg

This is Pepper Potts on Crack....
20765255263_d1e3f1245b_k.jpg

Hi guys,

Been a lurker for a long time and enjoy reading all of your posts. I apologise if this has been posted but I have searched through the thread and havent seen anything. This has been bugging me and I would like to hear some opinions :)

Isnt this new "Mark IX" just a frankensteined Mark VII, XVII (Heartbreaker) and XXXIII (Silver Centurion) ?

Mark_IX_Investigation.jpg

Hi guys,

Been a lurker for a long time and enjoy reading all of your posts. I apologise if this has been posted but I have searched through the thread and havent seen anything. This has been bugging me and I would like to hear some opinions :)

Isnt this new "Mark IX" just a frankensteined Mark VII, XVII (Heartbreaker) and XXXIII (Silver Centurion) ?

View attachment 210896

In a nutshell, yes. Another way to look at it...The Mark IX is almost a complete repaint of Python (pictured below). The only difference between the Mark IX and Python (besides the color) is the Mark IX has Heartbreaker's hip, while Python has the Mark 7's hip.

902209-iron-man-mark-xx-python-001.jpg

This cool blog explains what parts all the armors are built from:

MY HOT TOYS COLLECTION & PHOTOGRAPHY: Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Armor Details Analysis & Prediction for coming Iron Man Release

Thanks for the info !!!

That definitely means I will not be getting this. I am only after the Pepper Mark 42 head anyway. I don't see why they try and make me buy this frankenstein just to get that, even if it was cobbled together for the movie.

Thanks for the info !!!

That definitely means I will not be getting this. I am only after the Pepper Mark 42 head anyway. I don't see why they try and make me buy this frankenstein just to get that, even if it was cobbled together for the movie.

Hot toys was not responsible for the design of the suit. This is how it was done for the movie. Very few of the 45 suits are original designs.

I am not blaming hot toys :) Definitely not. I understand they are just following the movie designs. But it seems to me that the movie designers came up with 10 really cool suits, and someone said hmm we need 35 more. Queue some copy and paste and recolor and voila ! My gripe is that they are trying to force people to buy this if they want the one little accessory that has nothing to do with the mark IX. And for someone on a budget who already owns the 3 donor suits its a little frustrating.

Personally I just want Mark IX and hate having to buy pepper as I've never wanted her.
I really like the look of Mark IX.

I am not blaming hot toys :) Definitely not. I understand they are just following the movie designs. But it seems to me that the movie designers came up with 10 really cool suits, and someone said hmm we need 35 more. Queue some copy and paste and recolor and voila ! My gripe is that they are trying to force people to buy this if they want the one little accessory that has nothing to do with the mark IX. And for someone on a budget who already owns the 3 donor suits its a little frustrating.

To get the accessory you at always going to be forced to buy something.

As for the bundle of the mk9 with pepper...that's smart business. And hot toys is a business. They are not a charity. The whole point of the company is to make money.

Yes I understand how business works, lol. I never said I want anything for free. And they would make just as much money if the extra Pepper headsculpt was included with Pepper. I could always wait and hope that the Mark 42 Pepper is included in a accessory set of some sort later on as has happened with some of the other accessories, but I really doubt that would happen.

Yes I understand how business works, lol. I never said I want anything for free. And they would make just as much money if the extra Pepper headsculpt was included with Pepper. I could always wait and hope that the Mark 42 Pepper is included in a accessory set of some sort later on as has happened with some of the other accessories, but I really doubt that would happen.

Theres no way to know they would make the same. If all you want is the 42 HS, and your forced to buy the 2pack...that means they got a few hundred extra out of you. If it was only included on the cheaper release..a few hundred less. So, I'd say they made at least a few hundred extra. Seems like good business when you have no idea how well a pepper figure will sell but know your bread and butter iron man will.

I suppose we can both speculate about how many people will buy the bundle because of the headsculpt. Who knows. I think most people will buy it because they want the pepper and/or the mark IX irrespective of the additional helmet. I don't mind bundles in general it just seemed a bit out of place. If she was bundled with the 42 and you also got the headsculpt it would make more sense. To me at least. But hey, I will probably crack and buy the bundle anyway and then my whole complaint is redundant. Curse you hot toys for making me want to give you ALL THE MONEYS !

Back