Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually ended up cancelling my PO on this. I just wanted it for the Mark IX and and ultimately the price is just too much. Plus I'm trying to reallocate funds for other figures that I know I definitely want. Sure I'm eating my NRD (that's the price I pay for putting in an impulse PO), but ultimately I think it's the right call for me. Now if they end up offering the Mark IX on its own at a lesser cost... I'd probably consider getting it.

Cheers to everyone though who is picking this up!:duff

So I Pre-Ordered this, the only thing I'm concerned about is that the Mark 9 Helmet. It seems correct to the Art book, but the on screen appearance that we get to see of it before Pepper takes it down looks more like a Mark 7 Helmet. Thoughts? Sorry if this has been discussed already!

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

is there an alternate color scheme for the mark IX?

IE Shotgun vs. Shades

be nice! I'm not an IM pro!!
The closest to an alternate color scheme for the Mark IX is Python. The two of them are nearly identical under the paint. The only difference is Python has the Mark VII hips and the Mark IX has the Heartbreaker hips. It's a very small difference between the two of them.

The closest to an alternate color scheme for the Mark IX is Python. The two of them are nearly identical under the paint. The only difference is Python has the Mark VII hips and the Mark IX has the Heartbreaker hips. It's a very small difference between the two of them.

thanks. I'd like to only focus on the new colors....im a tad sick of red/gold. i have a mark III DC and the mark 43 DC. i'd prefer new colors now. too bad python is what, $500 on eBay? pfff....no thanks.

thanks for the quick answer man!

Now if they end up offering the Mark IX on its own at a lesser cost... I'd probably consider getting it.

i feel the same way. i was sure they would. doesn't make a lot of sense to alienate buyers of the armors. some people don't want a barbie doll with their WOMD. no offense to the people who do...

thanks. I'm trying to only focus on the new colors....im a little sick of red/gold. i have a mark III DC and the mark 43 DC. i only want new colors now. too bad python is what, $500 on eBay? pfff....no thanks.

thanks for the quick answer man!
Yeah no problem! (Btw I got my Python for around $430 on eBay. Still expensive, but decent deals do occasionally show up. You might be able to find a good deal on this forum too.) :)

Yeah no problem! (Btw I got my Python for around $430 on eBay. Still expensive, but decent deals do occasionally show up. You might be able to find a good deal on this forum too.) :)

i have 1 rule....

no IM armor is worth over $400. i need to set limits....or id blow too much money.

one day when HT sells these for $400+ (which is very real and close) ill need to raise my limit to $500. :)

if it was DC then maybe....and still...maybe. Im on the fence about the 45. $354 plus shipping? my god in heaven.....this is getting ri-god-damn-diculous.

i have 1 rule....

no IM armor is worth over $400. i need to set limits....or id blow too much money.

one day when HT sells these for $400+ (which is very real and close) ill need to raise my limit to $500. :)

if it was DC then maybe....and still...maybe. Im on the fence about the 45. $354 plus shipping? my god in heaven.....this is getting ri-god-damn-diculous.

I understand completely. Being an Iron Man collector is expensive. Really, really expensive. Setting limits is smart, especially with this character.

The 45 is my favorite of the entire arsenal. I'm totally convinced that one will be worth the price. I practically ignored the price tag the moment I saw it appear on Sideshow. :rotfl

i just don't get it....id love to see some HT spreadsheets on their market analysis. i know there is a guy there saying, "these ****ing dummies! Lets charge them $354 for this!" "MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

the big pieces don't count, like monger and veronica. i get it. but regular ole 6 foot tall made for tony suits should never be more than $300. in a practical sense. but that does not apply to this hobby. ever.

There's currently 2 "affordable" Pythons on eBay.
1)Auction with 1 bid for $299.99 plus $29.35 shipping from West Virginia and
2)Buy It Now for $429.99 plus $19.99 shipping from Vermont.
#1 ends in 6 days and #2 ends in 26 days.
Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Ryan

I understand completely. Being an Iron Man collector is expensive. Really, really expensive. Setting limits is smart, especially with this character.

The 45 is my favorite of the entire arsenal. I'm totally convinced that one will be worth the price. I practically ignored the price tag the moment I saw it appear on Sideshow. :rotfl

I'm not even a big IM fan and even I'm looking forward to the XLV. :joy

i just don't get it....id love to see some HT spreadsheets on their market analysis. i know there is a guy there saying, "these ****ing dummies! Lets charge them $354 for this!" "MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

the big pieces don't count, like monger and veronica. i get it. but regular ole 6 foot tall made for tony suits should never be more than $300. in a practical sense. but that does not apply to this hobby. ever.

Cue you-know-who. :lol

Thanks wamphyri13 !!

I wasn't aware of the existing Pepper Mark 42 head ! Ill definitely be looking into it :)

Well after all my griping and moaning I cracked and pre-ordered it. I thought while I wait for this figure I'll rewatch the movie and especially this scene a few times. Now it seems that hot toys is using the wrong helmet on the Mark IX ?! Looks more Mark VII than centurion. Still getting it though.

Well after all my griping and moaning I cracked and pre-ordered it. I thought while I wait for this figure I'll rewatch the movie and especially this scene a few times. Now it seems that hot toys is using the wrong helmet on the Mark IX ?! Looks more Mark VII than centurion. Still getting it though.

There has been a lot of debate about that in this thread. The figure that HT is selling is, in fact, the Mark IX, as Marvel intended it to be.

latest

However, the armor in the movie looks more like the Mark VIII.

latest

latest

A few of us have theorized that HT released the Mark IX with Pepper instead of the "correct" Mark VIII, because the Mark IX is composed entirely of parts from Python and Heartbreaker, both of which have already been made.

Ah thank you for clearing that up :) I'm still getting it and I have a spare Mark VII helmet so maybe I can do something a bit more like the movie. Although I think the paint will be different colors.

It is really confusing because the legs in the film really do look like the Mark IX pic you posted, but the head looks like the other one.

So I Pre-Ordered this, the only thing I'm concerned about is that the Mark 9 Helmet. It seems correct to the Art book, but the on screen appearance that we get to see of it before Pepper takes it down looks more like a Mark 7 Helmet. Thoughts? Sorry if this has been discussed already!

This has been discussed at length in this thread if you page through, but the armor at the end of IM3 is the Mk8. They are releasing the Mk9 likely because they already have it 95% made (repaint of Python). The Mk8 is similar from the shoulders up to the Mk9, but the difference is indeed the helmet. The Mk8 is the Mk7 style, the Mk9 is the Centurion style, which is clearly visible on screen.

aMlVzbt.jpg

0aL2LmI.jpg

EpEy11L.png

Compared to the shape it would be if it was the Mk9 (centurion style)
n1opy0b.png

They honestly aren't claiming its even the armor form the end. Most people won't know the difference or care. It is a perfectly accurate Mk9, it is just never actually seen in the film (neither was Python).

Again thank you for the information ! I was just confused as like you say the suit at the end does have a top half that looks like the Mk8, but the bottom half definitely looks like Mk9. The Mk8 does not have the big gold panels on the side of the thighs as far as I can see.

Iron_Man_Armor_MK_IX_(Earth-199999)_from_Iron_Man_3_(film)_003.jpg

Back