Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I'm surprised by this announcement. I understand both sides of the arguement. HT is walking a thin line in calling their products collectables and then remaking them. I agree with what some here have said, if there is any fig HT has made that deserves a remake it's the DX02. So it seems the main motivator for a remake of Mk I is greed.

However with that said I also see the flip side. I for one do not purchase anything from HT because of the expected resale price. I could honestly care less if you took the limited edition collectable wording of the box and replaced it with expensive adult toy. I buy these things because they are beautiful and represent characters I love. There are plenty of other things I could do to make money.

In the end I am happy they are doing this. Happy that those who missed out on the first Mk I and can't or won't pay the insane aftermarket prices can finally get one for a decent price. I'm also happy that now ppl won't be able to sell those original Mk I's for crazy aftermarket prices.

They re-use the molds for the predators and iron man line to get the most profit from them, that's why if a figure requires a new body designed for that one character it costs more as it can't be used again.

They have changed the colors and re-issued them, secret project being the most recent.
HT may not even use new parts to build these, have a friend drop his gunmetal and scratch some paint off, its actually the mk3 red paint inside. Guess HT may use rejects to produce these.

They'll re-use most of the old parts from the original. The only places, I can see that they can improve on, Stark head, more hand gestures, and maybe making those gears and belts on the side of the legs actually work.

Sorry guys, but after what I just forked out for an original version I hope they don't re-release it.

Cheapest they were going on Ebay was $550 so I'm gonna say $600 shipped to his door if he was lucky.

$450... unless you got it from a friend there's a good chance that's a fake. That's a minimum hundred under secondary market value.

$450... unless you got it from a friend there's a good chance that's a fake. That's a minimum hundred under secondary market value.

Possibly but don't u think the prices on these might drop a little with the new ones coming out.

Possibly but don't u think the prices on these might drop a little with the new ones coming out.

I think they will come down a bit just like the Mark 2 did. However, I do not believe they dropped over $100 in value that fast considering he said he has it already.

The original Mark I won't drop in price until the new one is officially solicited, if you got a bargain basement piece I'd check for it's authenticity.

Its about time Hot Toys does something right now everything of value has been reissued and those of us who missed out have a second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back