Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to replicating the battle damage in the movie, it looked obvious in some shots that Arnold had his arm behind his back. You can either copy the look the film perfectly or you can make a figure of exactly what you said, what would happen if you really did take chunks out of his face?

I'd rather have it a bit more realistic instead of movie accurate. in the movie his eye was like popping out and the damaged shoulder was waaaay too wide.

I like that products are made as if it really happened, but it seems like some interpretations change things that you really wouldn't have to for a realistic look. The main spots that would differ with a realistic interpretation are the depth of the mouth mechanics and the eye socket. Also, how much muscle and tissue you have showing where the face is torn off versus rubber over the prosthetic. you can realistically sculpt the reveal without altering how his hair looked, but some efforts have removed more hair from that side than they should and it doesn't quite look right to me.

It must have been difficult to hide Arnie's arm in particular. Nowadays I presume it would be done with CG.

Part of me wishes they'd make versions of the figures that really look like the film with the prosthetics added on to Arnies face rather than 'subtracted' etc but ultimately I think its right to make it as realistic as possible. My old McFarlane/NECA cross-custom actually resembles the 'unrealistic' film look of the extra wide shoulder and general bulk of the hanging BD arm. So even though I think it looks a bit odd I can accept it.

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

I've decided to skip this entire line and just wait for the real Terminator figure. :peace

You mean the Terminator 1 figure or are you being facetious?

It must have been difficult to hide Arnie's arm in particular. Nowadays I presume it would be done with CG.

That's one thing that I don't really mind with CG to be honest. It's stuff like CG backgrounds and stuff like fire that I hate.
I'd also be quite hard to hide too.

Best estimate's been April for the HK. He's the next figure set to ship for me and I'm highly anticipating him.

Me too!

He's on my next to buy. Been waiting for this figure for...ever really. Hope he doesn't disapoint.

Pictures are enough to seel me on him not dissappointing, great Arnie portrait, awesome clothes. For me, this figure perfectly embodies T-800 in T2 in his pristine, cold state, by cold I mean before they flip the switch and he starts to become human.

You mean the Terminator 1 figure or are you being facetious?

T1 Bad guy Arnie. That is The Terminator in my book. Literally as well since in T2 Arnie isn't sent to kill anyone, but protect.

I'm trying to keep my collection to one figure per actor. Not easy with Harrison Ford and Christian Bale etc.

T1 Bad guy Arnie. That is The Terminator in my book. Literally as well since in T2 Arnie isn't sent to kill anyone, but protect.

I'm trying to keep my collection to one figure per actor. Not easy with Harrison Ford and Christian Bale etc.

I'm trying that myself and I know exactly what you mean with Harrison. I went with blade runner but I've already bought an Indy Jacket so it isn't looking good. :lol

Just out of curiousity, what's the point in the 1 actor 1 figure rule? If you like something, why not collect it, what's the reason for passing on something you'd like just because the actor is already in your collection?

Pictures are enough to seel me on him not dissappointing, great Arnie portrait, awesome clothes. For me, this figure perfectly embodies T-800 in T2 in his pristine, cold state, by cold I mean before they flip the switch and he starts to become human.

No doubt if it is like the proto this is the Terminator figure to date but I mean after the DX I'm warey about HT's quality control. We may get another Connor incident with bad paint or the arms may snap out of the box due to the new type of body or anything that can stop this figure from being perfect.

We may get another Connor incident with bad paint or the arms may snap out of the box due to the new type of body or anything that can stop this figure from being perfect.

Well the Connor incident was beautifully corrected, and I think HT's stepped up to make sure that doesn't happen again, and all the human portraits I've seen post Connor have really been the best work they've ever done with paint jobs.

As for arms breaking, stuff like that happens, I've had wrist pegs snap out of the box, it's a price to pay with the fragile nature of things like Endoskeletons, or in this case an arm.

I'm not worried about any significant problems with this T2, Wolverine's shipped and proven no problems with the new technology implemented on this T-800. Just buy from some source that you can count on if there are any problems. That's why I've got mine with Sideshow and Toys2, I know they'll both cover me if I run into any problems.

Wooooord. T2 Arnie is a nancy boy. Terminator kills ____ers. Hence the name.

Terminator's do what they're told. John Connor was the 'nancy' for making it swear to not kill anyone.

I also don't get the 1 actor per figure. I have 4 Bale's 2 Ledgers and soon to have 2 Arnolds.

Well the Connor incident was beautifully corrected, and I think HT's stepped up to make sure that doesn't happen again, and all the human portraits I've seen post Connor have really been the best work they've ever done with paint jobs.

I had a good CS experience from HT when I had a dodgey Connor head but the burn still stings even now. :sick

I had a good CS experience from HT when I had a dodgey Connor head but the burn still stings even now. :sick

I got mine from Sideshow so the only sting I had was the wait from the delay. As much as I hate when things go wrong, so long as a resolution is provided, that's the big thing, even if it means waiting or destroying a figure to get a replacement, if in the end, you have the figure you wanted fully intact and how it should have arrived to you all along, that's the big thing. Connor had delays and such, but man what a figure he turned out to be after all the mess.

Back