Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant wait to get mine:whipButhe only negative point for me on this figure is the two piece head sculpt am i the only only one want who hate two piece head sculpt??A one piece head would have look much better!!!!!!

Cant wait to get mine:whipButhe only negative point for me on this figure is the two piece head sculpt am i the only only one want who hate two piece head sculpt??A one piece head would have look much better!!!!!!

I agree. Sculpted necks tend to add so much more realism.

On a normal TT body, I'd probably prefer it, but if the T-800 comes out like Wolverine, it won't really be noticable that the joint's there, and the posabilty won't be lost.

So how many of this figure are people getting, what look are you going for, what pose etc? What will you do with this figure when the BD version comes out and the Cyberdyne accessories (grenade bandolier, M79, gloved hands etc) are available?

I'm getting 2 of this one.

One will probably have the shotgun resting over his shoulder pose and, due to the grey t-shirt and lack of gloved hands, represent T-800 in the middle of the film - "Uncle Bob" from the desert scenes.

My second has to be jacketless for the endo-arm reveal scene in Dysons house. I'll go with a closed fist on the HT as my NECA 7" custom has an open hand.

The Rosebox accessory will go to my NECA Pescadero 12" and he will be 'scanning' the mall for john connor.

If the cyberdyne accessories become available, and are to spare - I may put them to use on my Uncle Bob as it might be a shame to just have them lying around.

No telling what I'll go for in terms of the BD figure because we don't have a clue exactly what that figure will be and how much alternate parts and accessories/clothes it will come with.

At the moment I've got 2 on order, no matter what, I will have one in full black gear and shades with shotgun. If I get 2, the second will be grey t-shirt Uncle Bob look until, hopeully, a BD T-800 comes along with mini gun, or the T2 line ends and a I source a mini gun, and then the grey will eventually become Cyberdyne.

Depending on what HT provides, ideally I see myself making 4 figures out of their offering for Arnie T-800.

On a normal TT body, I'd probably prefer it, but if the T-800 comes out like Wolverine, it won't really be noticable that the joint's there, and the posabilty won't be lost.

I Agree Since he have a rubber neck we wont realy see the joint:gun So its not that bad..Anyway it the only negative point about this figure thats got to be one of the coolest figure Hot toys as release yet my opinion!!!!

Another thing that would favor sculpted neck would be not using a rubber shell around the upper body like Wolverin. Wolverine, it serves a purpose with stripping him down to his tank to and having the body exposed. The only part on T-800 that would show is his neck, I think attaching the arms like this figur has to a more traditional TT with a beefy, Arnie buld would have been a better choice in the long run. Paint can scrape off the rubber or the rubber one day break down, why use it whne it's not necessary to make the figure.

Not closeup on just the neck, but close enough to see it pretty good.

11.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

If the T-800's head blends as nicely with the neck as Wolverine's, should look just fine.

At the moment I've got 2 on order, no matter what, I will have one in full black gear and shades with shotgun. If I get 2, the second will be grey t-shirt Uncle Bob look until, hopeully, a BD T-800 comes along with mini gun, or the T2 line ends and a I source a mini gun, and then the grey will eventually become Cyberdyne.

Depending on what HT provides, ideally I see myself making 4 figures out of their offering for Arnie T-800.

So you're going to find a black t-shirt somewhere. The only reason I'm not pushed about doing that is I have all my NECA figures, big and small, adequately representing the all-black & sunglasses look.

The 4 looks you're going for then are presumably mall/Pescadero, cyberdyne fully geared up, Hasta la vista scene and the final battle damage?

The 4 looks you're going for then are presumably mall/Pescadero, cyberdyne fully geared up, Hasta la vista scene and the final battle damage?

You've got it, and I already have a black t-shirt ready and waiting, bought a bunch awhile ago when I finally found t-shirts without collars that look like a turtleneck shirt. I figured black t-shirts can always come in handy so I bought a few, at the time I bought one specially to wap out my Sideshow T-800's t-shirt, that was just bad, the whole costume's so-so, but the collar on the t-shirt was brutal.

I hope the exposed endo parts of the BD figure will be chromed. Doesn't seem likely though because the endo arm with this figure MMS117 is just silver by the looks of it.

One will probably have the shotgun resting over his shoulder pose and, due to the grey t-shirt and lack of gloved hands, represent T-800 in the middle of the film - "Uncle Bob" from the desert scenes.

This is what I will be going for.

Would love to get two, but have to think ahead as to the future of this line and save some pounds.

I hope the exposed endo parts of the BD figure will be chromed. Doesn't seem likely though because the endo arm with this figure MMS117 is just silver by the looks of it.

Youre probably right, if they were going to do the final battle chromed, they wouldve already chromed his endo arm in the first version.:(
Im thinking of chroming his arm when he arrives, not sure how it will turn out though. Ill post pics when im finished.

Chromed, probably not, but, I do think at least on his head, they'd be able to get a nice shine.

It's not a chrome affect but I find the paint on Marcus' endo to have more shine to it than the Endoskeleton figure.

116.jpg

Wow, props on your new signature Sean. Very cool!

Thanks guys :duff

If they make it anything like Marcus' battle damage I'd be happy. It seems to fit with the head. I have to say that Wolverine's claws is a metal effect done right. Chrome paint seems to mirror every little detial and that might not work too well if he's susposed to be battle damaged.

Yeah, I just hope they do the hair right. Some pieces take way too much hair away at the top of his head for my taste, like the Sideshow 1:1 bust. It's natural because everyone sculpts it as if the ripping away really happened instead of exactly translating the prosthetic over a full head look from the film, but he had a certain ammount of hair visible from a front on view in the movie and I prefer collectibles to have that same look.

Back