Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snake eater your joke about Hicks joke:

Funnay-Arnold.jpg

It was really but shhh :monkey3

True. A film called TERMINATOR. As in, to kill stupid humans. Something panty waist T2 Arnold wouldn't do because he was a sissy. T1 Arnold would have kicked him in the nuts and then blew his stupid sissy robot head off. Because he was a bad ass mofo.

Dude that's awesome. Your quote is my new signature lol.

Yes, I wonder what's going on with the head and neck though, almost looks like some popped the head off and then didn't put it back all the way onto the neck, at least I hope that's the case and not that the head's too small to go around the neck like Dutch.

Face details look great though, he looks less soft like some photos make him look, nice texturing and everything.

Speaking for myself I've never seen that pic before, could be new. Other than the neck it looks damn good. Love the eyes and the hair - can't believe I ever had a problem with the hair, I looked back at some photoshop mods people did on the hair to make it longer. They look ridiculous and yet I thought they were more accurate at the time. I wouldn't change the hair at all now.

The neck though and the way it appears to bulge out on one side, I wonder is that an unfortunate side effect of a fixed neck and a turned head?

The neck though and the way it appears to bulge out on one side, I wonder is that an unfortunate side effect of a fixed neck and a turned head?

Could be how the T-800 head works with the Arnie body, but you never get anyting like that with Wolverine, even the most extreme neck poses and the head still covers the neck.

In that bit there, it almost looks like that's the rounded top of the neck, like the ball joint is loosely plugged into the head but not all the way.

Might be how the figure works in some poses though, the head does seem undersized to the neck again like Dutch in the prototype. I wonder why their Arnie figures keep ending up like that, they're the only ones I've noticed coming out that way.

HT_T2_T800_PR05.jpg

It'll be disappointing for me too if it ends up like that. Not disastrous but kind of annoying that the renowned big guy keeps being made with a little pin head while normal sized people are getting normal sized heads. Also, the smaller they make Arnie's head the smaller they'd theoretically have to make any new endoskeleton head.

Just compare the existing endoskull to the Dutch headsculpt - not a chance the former is fitting inside the latter.

Well it's not to say that the T-800 head is smaller than average HT heads, just smaller compared to the neck it's supposed to go on, could be the neck's too large too. Not sure why it is, but they do seem a mismatch compared to Wolverine.

Ah. We'll just have to see for ourselves. By now I'm used to Dutch as he is but I didn't like the way the head and neck joined and the T-800 looks like its exactly the same. A very thick neck base narrowing as it goes up into the head, kinda triangular.

True. A film called TERMINATOR. As in, to kill stupid humans. Something panty waist T2 Arnold wouldn't do because he was a sissy. T1 Arnold would have kicked him in the nuts and then blew his stupid sissy robot head off. Because he was a bad ass mofo.

I've always argued that its simply a case of which you prefer watching - bad guy Arnold or good guy Arnold. The T2 T-800 is a plausible Terminator given the circumstances of that film - he simply didn't get around to killing anyone before John told him he couldn't. He was just about to in that very scene which is what prompts John to intervene. So this is why the 'sissy' T2 Terminator is OK by me even though I too prefer the watching the villain T-800.

Well even the Duthch neck is essentially like any other separate HT neck, the problem is, like with Dutch, the plug doesn't go deep enough and the head opening not big enough for the neck to go higher into it. Wolverine's neck goes deep into the figure head, but these HT Arnie heads seem to be pretty narrow at the neck opening and so the neck does go up into it enough and make a nature flow from neck to head.

For the most part he looks fine in the proto photos so should be ok, just hope something doesn't happen in the production process that exaggerates the effect further.

Back