Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This needs to be next. If they pull it off correct it will be amazing.

terminator-t-1000-84.jpg

EDIT :

Why does someone always beat me to posting something , your all like mind readers I swear.. :lol:rotfl

It'd be one of the biggest surprises in my 1/6 collecting life, with all the factors in favor of not making Connor and HT's history of incomplete lines, it'd be shocking to me for them to make him.

And a whiney kid to turn him into a sissy.

I liked young JC in the story. He made him more human. One of the many themes I love in that film.

I think some people are like "OMG NO WAY! Morality? In a Terminator film? That's not right!"

I liked him too, I was making a joke about the discussion of T-800's altered purpose in T2 compared to T1 that went on before this new image popped up.

I love T2 most of all Terminator movies and I think young John is a pivotal piece of the story and should be represented in figure form with the rest of these HT figures.

Have they ever made figures of kids before in 1:6? I mean at all?

There was a Kenner figure and a bobble head so it can't be a licensing thing or a consent thing because he was a minor at the time of shooting.

DID made a boy figure for one of their miltiary lines, Maxfactory made an amazing custom using it as the base.

DIYT2020.jpg

Here's an eBay auction for the DID figure just to see it.

https://cgi.ebay.com/12inch-DID-WWI...aultDomain_0?hash=item53dd7669db#ht_837wt_941

I imagine Sideshow skipped John just because they didn't have a base body for it at the time. Hot Toys doesn't currently have one, but where they helped Sideshow develop the Hobbit body and are "leasing" the T2 figure license through them, i'd love to see them put the Hobbit body design to use and give us a John Connor. There aren't many kids in films that you could get a lot of mileage out of the body with, but where I'm sure the Terminators will make plenty of money, I'd love to see them take a chance and do John just because it'd really make this a complete line.

Hopefully Yulli's passion for T2 might drive them to do it.

That is the figure we need from HT. It would be impossible to replicate a first encounter scene ony my shelf without him. I just thought, the t-shirt would have to be plain because I'm sure Public Enemy have a copywrite on their logo.

I'm fine with a plain shirt for John, if they made the figure that's 90% of the work, I can myself or get someone to paint Public Enemy on the shirt.

Some of us were talking a few pages back about how he looks with the sunglasses and I think there was some agreement that the sunglasses draw attention to the face being a bit too short - I reckoned the bridge of the nose could be longer for one and if that were the case the face overall would need to be slightly lengthened. So for me, its actually the appearance with the sunglasses on that looks off. I really like it without the sunglasses. Its a very steely expression which seems just right to me and the short face issue isn't noticeable.

I am just glad that they made Arnie have an expression! If he was also that neutral faced as TS JC I would have been disappointed but i love this look. Works for so many scenes

I liked young JC in the story. He made him more human. One of the many themes I love in that film.

I think some people are like "OMG NO WAY! Morality? In a Terminator film? That's not right!"

T2 was the best! Nobody but a whiny kid could have gotten away with telling a terminator to become more "humane". Without this the story line would have been too simple and weak

It feels good knowing I have this bad boy on pre-order. :cool::cool::cool:

This neck subject we're on, I actually noticed it a little in those toy hunters shots y'know. Hang on, let me find them.

Maybe it's just a bad angle in the latest image, but the side of the neck looks all curvy and awkward, that other shot looks alright.

img0568ol.jpg

This newest shot almost looks like his head's broken off his neck.

You can't really judge how a figure is going to look until you have it hand.

PICT1686copy.jpg

In this pic I would say that the eyes look a little dumb and too shrowdedby the brow.

img0568ol.jpg

However, in this pic the eyes are perfect but the neck looks odd which isn't present in the first.

Back