Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't really judge how a figure is going to look until you have it hand.

PICT1686copy.jpg

In this pic I would say that the eyes look a little dumb and too shrowdedby the brow.

img0568ol.jpg

However, in this pic the eyes are perfect but the neck looks odd which isn't present in the first.

Is it just me or do others feel the sculpt is a bit off? It looks like Arnold, just not 100% sure it's T2 Arnold....

terminator-2_1.jpg

Voice your opinion now or HT won't change it ever.

I still don't think they will the date is too close and there just haven't been enough people complaining. Also there hasn't been one specificc complaint about the sculpt (maybe the hair) just talk that the sculpt is 'off'.

I also said that there isn't much of a possablilty of a rescupt because of it's praise. I think it looks fantastic and has been since day one but HT is a great company because it listens to it's critizisms. If we think it's a poor sculpt we let them know and they change it. See Marcus Wright and Blade. Two fantastic likenesses resculpted from it's intial anouncement.

I don't think you should keep quiet if you think somethings wrong, this figure not being the case for me and most eveyone else.

I do like the sculpt and think it looks like Arnold but there's just something slightly off and I can't place it. I'm all pre ordered and I'd even say this might be the figure I'm most looking forward to this year but something is not quite perfect..... Could even be the lighting perhaps?

Could be anything. Wolverine suprised me the most in hand. I saw some final in hand pictures and was like 'Damn they didn't nail the sculpt' but in hand I was very very impressed and I can see a good likeness to Jackman.
Lengthening the head may help but I just can't tell.

I wish Tankman would pop in and comment. He's sculpted Arnie a few times now so it'd be interesting to see if he also thinks anything is off.

I don't see any need to tweak the sculpt. Is it 100% right, no, but for me whatever flaws it has, are only ones that can be spotted comparing it to photos but aren't ones that ruin the look of the portrait. It looks like Arnie, the expression looks cold and pissed off, it's a success for me.

I wish Tankman would pop in and comment. He's sculpted Arnie a few times now so it'd be interesting to see if he also thinks anything is off.

Ok here it is. I think it's very nice BUT. To me it looks kind of squashed just a bit. I think the expression looks kind of Ticked off and the T800 really never looks that way. I think the head can be stretched out just a bit. Sometimes with a likeness it can be the very small things that really make it look like the real thing. I do think the detail on this thing in unreal though. His face almost looks real and the hair is a big WOW.
I do think though they can improve it some. Chris was over in China and held the real thing and he said even if it's not 100% it's worth it to get the thing. I have the Dutch at work and everybody thinks it's kind of crappy. We all think the T800 is very much a better likeness than the Dutch. To me at times it looks kind of like the stant man wearing the Arnold prosthetic in T2. Like when he jumps the bike into the water way.

"Squashed". Thats exactly what I've been thinking, specifically when comparing the Hot Toys pics with the sunglasses on to your own Pescadero Escape figure. I think yours compares more favourably to this image in terms of the vertical dimension of the face-

t2_mq_123.jpg

I'm not as critical of the HT Dutch headsculpt's likeness as you guys at neca appear to be but I think it shares the same squashed problem. I fear yulli may have used that as referance when doing this one.

But yeah the detail is incredible.

But yeah the detail is incredible.

Yeah but when Neca has a better head sculpt basically which is closer to the movies than this (I am not saying it is better) than something is just wrong IMO. This is HT after all. I hope they will improve it, because it is not enough for me. They can do this better if they want. It is just not T2 Arnold. It looks similar to the T-800 but when I look at him I am not saying, wow now this is the Terminator.

A-dev's picture is a nice example and you can tell if you compare the HT's head to this...well they not made it right. It's look is not like Arnold's and the face is not okey like Tankman said.

Last edited:
Really couldn't tell what people meant by something off about the sculpt, but when you compare it to the pic in a-dev's post, you really see how messed up Arnie's face actually is. The ears, one side of his jaw is longer than the other. Even his glasses don't sit straight on his face. Hot Toys did him a favour.

The headsculpt isn't perfect but when are they? Wolverine, for me, had a headsculpt way off but i'm sure that figure is brilliant in hand. I think no new pictures of the T-800 figure has led to a little boredom. I'm sure when we start seeing in hand or boxed photos or whatever, we will all be buzzing, I know I will! And when these pics come along much of the criticism will diminish and you wont read much complaining, much like when we all saw the figure for the 1st time. :cool:

Back