Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T2 was released in 1991 so actually they've already missed the 20th anniversary unless they somehow sneak something out between now and the end of this year.

As to Kyle Reese, I do remember NECA saying they would make him if their Terminator line continued to sell, so I wonder would there really be a problem for HT to make him in terms of rights to his likeness. I dunno.

T2 was released in 1991 so actually they've already missed the 20th anniversary unless they somehow sneak something out between now and the end of this year.

As to Kyle Reese, I do remember NECA saying they would make him if their Terminator line continued to sell, so I wonder would there really be a problem for HT to make him in terms of rights to his likeness. I dunno.

Yeah, I know...Independence Day 1991, right?

I just meant that they could do something to honor it, even though it already passed.
In that sense: I don't get why they obviously made a logo for the 20th anniversary, but only NECA made kinda something out of it.
Missed oppurtunities on many sides I'd say...

Even NECA didn't do anything particularly special for it - one figure (biker cop T-1000) which they probably would have made anyway regardless of the anniversary.

Even NECA didn't do anything particularly special for it - one figure (biker cop T-1000) which they probably would have made anyway regardless of the anniversary.

Yeah, that's the problem...anyway, so that's where the "kind of" part of my sentence takes hold. It's something, but in the sense of THAT anniversary...it's nothing.

I'd say I ask you now...since that discussion cooled down a bit:
Your thought on a maybe new HT T-800 with EB's Arnold around the corner?
I mean...HT has many things in the pipeline which brings bucks manifests there status even more since they delete more and more sources of failure through their releases...but that kinda re-ignites the "feud", or not?

Next thing from HT will be a BD T 800- I'm sure- this will be their reply to the EB Arnie. The question is WHEN????

I'm sure- this will be their reply to the EB Arnie.

Good thinking. I hope so. I've held off on buying the first T2 Arnie thinking the BD version was a slam dunk... and I've been nervously waiting for a long time now. Trying that whole 'wait for the improved version' thing sucks while you wait.

Well they are re-releasing the MK-I armor with an updated Tony Stark head and supposedly some other new parts so...yeah...:(

Yeah, that's the problem...anyway, so that's where the "kind of" part of my sentence takes hold. It's something, but in the sense of THAT anniversary...it's nothing.

I'd say I ask you now...since that discussion cooled down a bit:
Your thought on a maybe new HT T-800 with EB's Arnold around the corner?
I mean...HT has many things in the pipeline which brings bucks manifests there status even more since they delete more and more sources of failure through their releases...but that kinda re-ignites the "feud", or not?

I appreciate your interest in my thoughts Endo :1-1:

Well I wish I had real knowledge about the situation but I'm in the same boat as anyone here. I know nothing because HT have gone totally silent on the Terminator lines - not saying anything, not announcing anything and certainly not releasing anything since the T1 Tech Noir. But with the Enterbay figure I don't think that harms the chances of more action on the HT front. Like others seem to, I think it improves the chances if anything.

HT will see people going nuts for the EB figure and they'll say to themselves 'hmmm...y'know what we haven't done?'

I appreciate your interest in my thoughts Endo :1-1:

Well I wish I had real knowledge about the situation but I'm in the same boat as anyone here. I know nothing because HT have gone totally silent on the Terminator lines - not saying anything, not announcing anything and certainly not releasing anything since the T1 Tech Noir. But with the Enterbay figure I don't think that harms the chances of more action on the HT front. Like others seem to, I think it improves the chances if anything.

HT will see people going nuts for the EB figure and they'll say to themselves 'hmmm...y'know what we haven't done?'

Anytime, buddy.
Guys with rational thoughts always getmy attention.
:1-1:

Good thought, can´t say anything on top of it, besides:
It´s really time HT shows a BD HS, don´t you think?!
A DX with Cyberdyne and Final Battle...*sigh*...how often did we have that now?!
:lol

Hey Dizzy, thats so weird. I saw this on ebay this morning and then just casually went on sideshow and found this! Nice custom! Make it yourself? or someone else? :)

Thanks guys,
yes I did do it myself, always wanted to do a maximum battle damage termie and have had several attempts before. This one was a major project though, and real good fun, but like most of the stuff I do I tend to sell off a few months after finishing to fund the next project.
Unlike your traditional scalpers I am not fussed about a profit, just making my costs back and funding the next idea.
Right now I have 4 predator projects in mind, the Pred 2 elder, the Pred 2 himself, and a couple of Narin inspired ones (Hunt for Hunt and the Axerator) all with Super predator bodies.
Dizzy

Back