Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys just posted a scan from the interview with JC and Yulli in The Sun magazine

22474_255621227343_58690437343_3774872_8274275_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys?ref=nf

apparently they were working on the T-800 since DX Joker

Is Hot Toys going to introduce a Hot Angel line or is that just the name of the female true type :confused:

Is Hot Toys going to introduce a Hot Angel line or is that just the name of the female true type :confused:

Hot Angel is technically what She Predator falls under.

Also, if anyone's interested, I posted the full interview from HT's Facebook page.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70188

I'm not sure what to make of that part about the T-800, I'm not sure if it's saying they worked on it a long time or if it just poorly transists from Joker to T-800. Yulli can sculpt in 2 weeks so I can't imagine the T-800 head too long for her to sculpt and JC to paint unless there was a lot of back and forth, but I'm sure the paint especially was pretty straight forward. Not to belittle his work, just woudl think once you've painted a few human heads it probably just flows naturally.

Yulli can sculpt in 2 weeks so I can't imagine the T-800 head too long for her to sculpt and JC to paint unless there was a lot of back and forth, but I'm sure the paint especially was pretty straight forward. Not to belittle his work, just woudl think once you've painted a few human heads it probably just flows naturally.

Maybe the hair took longer to sculpt.

I found a blue Fat Boy with excellent detail and real metal frame(!).
I cant live with the movie inaccurate blue color, but maybe someone else here can?

https://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-1-6-Har...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0f6799ac

It's a model kit though, not sure it could withstand the weight of a figure on top of it, if you stood him next to it might work but for sitting, might not hold up, not sure how it's held together. Just something to keep in mind. The New Bright RC Harley is sturdy enough to support a figure but a model kit might not be.

It's a model kit though, not sure it could withstand the weight of a figure on top of it, if you stood him next to it might work but for sitting, might not hold up, not sure how it's held together. Just something to keep in mind. The New Bright RC Harley is sturdy enough to support a figure but a model kit might not be.

Im pretty sure it will hold, if you use correct glue that will merge them on a cellular level (I dont know the correct english term) the joints will be harder than the actual plastic. This one is however pre-built by the seller and he could have used something that is not as good.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure it will hold, if you use correct glue that will merge them on a cellular level (I dont know the correct english term) the joints will be harder than the actual plastic. This one is however pre-built by the seller and he could have used something that is not has good.

Fusing should be the term you are looking for. But for models you don't typically use that type of glue though or at least the Tamiya model kit glue is not. Also from my research when fusing or bonding acrylics using a proper agent its never stronger than the original structure of the matrial

Thanks for the term.
I was into models way back, I was busy at a forum and there I learned from some of the better guys that you should never use the weak stuff that you can buy at a ordinary shop for scale models. Instead use a thinner, for example for removing nail polish. But of course this guy selling the above bike could have used standard glue. Maybe your right about the strenght, i have fixed lots of acrylics things even stuff that get stressed by force and the fusing has hold so far.

edit: Do you guys now where I can find good modellers that dont cost too much? Maybe in China or so? That could assemble the above model and paint it.

I assume you are thinking of China because of lower cost? But wouldn't it be costly to ship it back and forth with a huge risk of damage for the return trip? I know that my local hobby store tends to know ppl that do jobs like that but I have no clue how much they charge but have you tried your local hobby shops?

I assume you are thinking of China because of lower cost? But wouldn't it be costly to ship it back and forth with a huge risk of damage for the return trip? I know that my local hobby store tends to know ppl that do jobs like that but I have no clue how much they charge but have you tried your local hobby shops?

Yeah, I've started a dialog with a local guy here in Stockholm, haven't gotten has far as a price yet though. Yeah, I was thinking of China because of the cost. The kit would be sent directly from the dealer to the person doing the work (30 dollar flat rate), but yeah, it will have to be really good packed to survive the trip back to Sweden...

I knew something looked a little off with the "in store" pictures...
What happened? :confused:

2714726030106064153S600x600Q85.jpg

Prototype vs Toyhunters showcase

Back