Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand lighting can make paint look different, but the B&W eliminates any effect the light should have on the figure... right?
It's not like one was in she shadows or anything, so why does it look so much different?

All the pictures I've seen of Marcus and Connor look the same, no matter the angle or lighting.

Well what is it you feel is off, the sculpt or the paint work?

As far as sculpt, lighting can be a big factor, I've rejected a number of shots of Connor as I took them because the way they made the sculpt look wasn't favorable.

Well what is it you feel is off, the sculpt or the paint work?

As far as sculpt, lighting can be a big factor, I've rejected a number of shots of Connor as I took them because the way they made the sculpt look wasn't favorable.

Is it really just me? :eek:
I think the sculpt looks entirely different! Looks like he's been shaved or his eyebrows have been plucked, and he has aged a bit from the photo to the left.

Guess I'll have to wait and see because I didn't think it should have looked THAT different. :dunno

The culprit:

nerd-46422.jpg

Leave me alone. This picture of me is totally outdated anyway.

Well consider this ......... how many prototypes do you think Hot Toys would produce to promote preorders? My guess is one. It's the same figure. No offense but the 2nd picture is horrid .......... you never shine light from the chin up imo.

Well consider this ......... how many prototypes do you think Hot Toys would produce to promote preorders? My guess is one. It's the same figure. No offense but the 2nd picture is horrid .......... you never shine light from the chin up imo.

Except on the DX Joker.

I just thought it looked way different.
Still have mine pre-ordered at $100 using my SS reward points. :D

Is it really just me? :eek:
I think the sculpt looks entirely different! Looks like he's been shaved or his eyebrows have been plucked, and he has aged a bit from the photo to the left.

Guess I'll have to wait and see because I didn't think it should have looked THAT different. :dunno

I agree that it looks very differnt, but I find that the official HT photos, and even Tommy Richardson's stuff, has a very dramatic, cinematic lighting compared to the store lighting at Toy Hunters and I really think this sculpt varies a lot with lighting.

People were freaked out about his skin and hair before the official shots because of some washed out scans and when the official stuff hit, they changed their tune.

Different lighting differences between these photos, but still quite different.

20091206_1315f38504d596178f54wdXVgLCIxQbe.jpg

IronMan-TonyStarkMechTestVersion-1.jpg

well Arnie's head is a little... for a lack of a better word .."Caveman-ish" I just don't know the proper word (is it frontal lope or something?) but the bone under the eyebrows stick out so far that when the light is shining from slightly above the whole eye area is overshadowed whereas when you shine the light from below now everything is fully illuminated and suddenly his eyes look small and eyebrows look plugged.. well that's what I see..... I am sure you have seen not so pleasant pictures of yourself and then exact same pose you are like a hunk :lol

I'll take you guy's word for it. :D

BTW Geil...I ALWAYS look like a hunk. ;) :D

Oh common not a single pic of you in the wrong light? NOT A SINGLE ONE??? Even the best of us.... oh well .. oh ,... someone keep saying something like.... pictures or no dice

Just for the fun of it, here's another little experiment, 6 shots I took awhile back of my JC figure, I ultimately went with one for posting here as it was the most favorable of them all, but you can see the variation of how good it does or doesn't look with varied positions and intensities of light.

JC1.jpg

JC2.jpg

JC3.jpg

Back