Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture

I'll never use anyone but Toys2 at this point. Finally, being Canadian has its benefit as a collector :lol

You know with GST and shipping we end up paying close to what Americans pay anyway. I could care less. I have had near flawless service for almost 3 straight years.

You guys need to also consider the service/packaging/speed you get with Toys2. I wouldn't just label them as a high cost for shipping. The added service is worth the extra dollars imo.

I wouldn't rate their packaging very high. I ordered the HT TDK Batman Begins from Toys2. Came in a cardboard box with no cushioning of any kind - the carboard box and the figure's box were crushed. Thankfully, no damage to the actual figure itself.

EDIT: Just remembered, my Machiko was shipped the same way from them. Thankfully, her box didn't get crushed. I quit using Toys2 after that.

You seriously are blaming Toys2 for the crushed box??
It's those retards that pickup and deliver these that you need to track down and crush.... I assume all his shipments are insured but too bad only we value our boxes and another reason why I prefer picking it up from him so I can pick ;)
If the box was the only thing that got crushed then I would actually say you are lucky that the box did it's job of protecting the goods. HT is to blame to make these boxes so damn pretty :D
BTW Toys2 gets their shipment in from HT in larger boxes that contains multiples, individually boxed. I believe Eric puts another box around that for extra protection and what else can be expected from the guy.
I ones tried making a box out of corrugated plastic sheets to protect my cases better during shipment but it was damn hard and took me a good hour to do and still ended up pretty ugly :p

Last edited:
I wouldn't rate their packaging very high. I ordered the HT TDK Batman Begins from Toys2. Came in a cardboard box with no cushioning of any kind - the carboard box and the figure's box were crushed. Thankfully, no damage to the actual figure itself.

EDIT: Just remembered, my Machiko was shipped the same way from them. Thankfully, her box didn't get crushed. I quit using Toys2 after that.

Bubble wrap won't protect from a courier worker stepping or sitting on your box bro.

I agree with Cryo that the quality of box Toys2 uses doesn't suggest greater value, I can't imagine $10 difference in price for shipping coming in the box.

That said, Toys2' shipping boxes are the best I've seen. With numbskulls that deliver packages tossing them around like it's a pillow with no regard for the internal contents. I find the Toys2 boxes to be nice and sturdy to withstand those small impacts of being piled up recklessly and all as I've seen drivers do. Other places I've gotten stuff from, even Sideshow, some of the boxes are fairly soft and don't seem like they could take much rumbling if you get them tossed around enough.

As for the whole bubble wrapping thing, I agree with Voorhees, any serious box damage like Cry mentioned isn't going to be prevented by anything, someone would seriously have to mishandle the package to damage it that much and in which case, only a steel box could take that beating and not be affecting, that or having a tiny 1/6 figure box encased in the super sturdy styrofoam SIdeshow uses for PFs and statues and have a 2 foot by 2 foot box for a little figure, that stuff won't break under the human foot with ease, I've had to break it up before, but then you'll pay a boat load because the box is larger.

You seriously are blaming Toys2 for the crushed box??

Not at all, the damage to the box was definitely UPS's fault. However, the fact that Toys2 did not put it in a larger box (~2"+ on all sides) with foam or bubble wrap (hell, even newspaper would have been something) did absolutely nothing to protect a $150 figure. I've gotten plenty of damaged boxes before, but as long as the seller made an adequate attempt to protect it properly I almost never have a problem.

The last couple of times I've ordered figures from Alter Ego, they HAVE used a much larger box with extra cushioning. That, IMHO, is superior packaging.

If the box was the only thing that got crushed then I would actually say you are lucky that the box did it's job of protecting the goods. HT is to blame to make these boxes so damn pretty :D

Which is a kudos to HT for good packaging to protect their goods...not to Toys2 for just tossing it in a box barely big enough for it.

Last edited:
So who's hands is it in that delivers it damaged for those that were affected? oh UPS. One of my packages from Toys2 arrived with no dents whatsoever and that came with Royal Mail.

Strange how great UPS are with my packages. I guess it depends on how careful the driver is?...

I've noticed with some as well when a sticker is placed on it FRAGILE, is that the translation for to kick the flying **** out of it? I've experienced that as well and some remained in mint condition.

Alter Ego doesn´t look that bad and the price would be significantly lower than from any ebay sellers, or toypalace.
But there aren´t much shiping informations, only that distance themselves from the taxing, tariffs and delays that my occur.
Does anyone know where I could get info on this?!

Alter Ego doesn´t look that bad and the price would be significantly lower than from any ebay sellers, or toypalace.
But there aren´t much shiping informations, only that distance themselves from the taxing, tariffs and delays that my occur.
Does anyone know where I could get info on this?!

Just made a dummy account there, as you can only see the shipping after signing in (why do shops always do this BTW?). For the T-800 it's $52.98, which again would make the total over $200... ($201.47 to be exact).
It always seems like either the figure prices are great but shipping is outrageous (however accurate it may be), or shipping is good but the figure prices are way too high.:duh

I think double boxing is not even the question anymore. what he desires is that the outer box is larger so that the HT shipping box can be protected further through bubble wrap or peanuts. It certainly adds to the protection but still only to a certain degree. I am now curious to see how much actual damage the box actually saw. I think even though I pick these up some of my boxes have "crushed" corners but it's rather minor but that could be just me.
The weight on these is not high at all so we are all paying the dimensional weight (Btw shipping is a bit more $$ up north here like EVERY ____ING OTHER THING :'()

So who's hands is it in that delivers it damaged for those that were affected? oh UPS. One of my packages from Toys2 arrived with no dents whatsoever and that came with Royal Mail.

Strange how great UPS are with my packages. I guess it depends on how careful the driver is?...

I've noticed with some as well when a sticker is placed on it FRAGILE, is that the translation for to kick the flying **** out of it? I've experienced that as well and some remained in mint condition.

aw man you have no idea, I work at staples and we ship UPS. When the UPS guy comes to pick up the packages, he's a complete jerk and will get mad if there's a lot of stuff so he has little hissy-fits and throws stuff around.

Then when he's loading the stuff onto the truck, he just chucks them as if they were empty boxes. If I was shipping collectibles, i'd be furious, but keep in mind that people have shipped, like flat screens and computers!

aw man you have no idea, I work at staples and we ship UPS. When the UPS guy comes to pick up the packages, he's a complete jerk and will get mad if there's a lot of stuff so he has little hissy-fits and throws stuff around.

Then when he's loading the stuff onto the truck, he just chucks them as if they were empty boxes. If I was shipping collectibles, i'd be furious, but keep in mind that people have shipped, like flat screens and computers!

Here is a cure for that UPS driver, next time take your cell phone camera and film him.

I am kinda surprised this is still available everywhere...? I could care less if they make 9 million of these, but figured it would be sold out by now.

Nah those days are long gone .............. it takes weeks for things to sell out. The only thing in recent times that I can think of was maybe the Joker DX. Actually stratch that, it may even take months too.

Back