Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say the T800 Sculpt is the best of all my Hot Toys collection, i cant wait to get the minigun, i'm most likely gonna use the gloved-hands from Blade and either use the Comedians grenade launcher and belt or buy the coo model one to complete they look from Cyberdynes destruction.

I'd say the T800 Sculpt is the best of all my Hot Toys collection, i cant wait to get the minigun, i'm most likely gonna use the gloved-hands from Blade and either use the Comedians grenade launcher and belt or buy the coo model one to complete they look from Cyberdynes destruction.

Got that right! One of the best by HT! The COO model is the best when it comes to manufacturing gatling gun & grenade launcher for him. Yup, that gloves will do. Goodluck bashing him!:wink1:

I've got the T1 version on its way to me, and I'm thinking about getting this guy too, before the price goes up. But I just can't get over the head sculpt, every picture I see of it just seems slightly off to me. Whereas they nailed the T1 perfectly, IMO.

I'd hate to not have a T2 Arnold, and the prices aren't getting any lower, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger yet.

I've got the T1 version on its way to me, and I'm thinking about getting this guy too, before the price goes up. But I just can't get over the head sculpt, every picture I see of it just seems slightly off to me. Whereas they nailed the T1 perfectly, IMO.

I'd hate to not have a T2 Arnold, and the prices aren't getting any lower, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger yet.

I say, pull the trigger.you can do it haha!:wink1:

I've been in the same boat. I've never felt like this T2 head sculpt was that strong. I have the T1...you're going to love it BTW. The T1 is my all-time favorite HT head sculpt. The T2 is definitely off, but like you, I don't know for sure what's coming down the road and the price is going to go higher and higher on this one. I'm still betting they'll do a BD version that will probably even come with a clean head sculpt.. Probably a better one too. Sigh...I'm sure I'll buy that one too.

Yep I guarantee we will see a BD version come out sometime... I thought the T2 headsculpt was awesome but I didn't pull the trigger at the time because I was strapped for cash after I bought my DX-01 Joker...but hopefully a BD comes out soon so I can pick it up!

I think T2 sculpt is better than T1. Don't judge by photos, you gotta see the figure in person. When I saw T1 I was a bit disappointed to be honest.

I got the coomodel m79 kit and comedian m79, the coomodel bandolier is nice but the launcher is pretty much crap. Coomodel + comedian gets the best from two worlds...

The T2 is definitely off

@snappahead: I have to respectfully disagree. T2-T800 for me is one of the best HS made by HT ever..up there w/ Joker DX & The Godfather..plus this figure didn't win the '10 Figure of the Year for nothing right? :cuckoo:

@snappahead: I have to respectfully disagree. T2-T800 for me is one of the best HS made by HT ever..up there w/ Joker DX & The Godfather..plus this figure didn't win the '10 Figure of the Year for nothing right? :cuckoo:

The joker dx really is not up there with there best work imo, there have been 5 joker sculpt's from hot toy's none of them nailed the likeness imo but the best would be the cop then the bankrobber with the dx pers sculpt in 3rd.

The joker dx really is not up there with there best work imo, there have been 5 joker sculpt's from hot toy's none of them nailed the likeness imo but the best would be the cop then the bankrobber with the dx pers sculpt in 3rd.

Hmm still IMHO, Joker DX is one of the best HS made by HT..better than the other versions of Joker that was released earlier. :peace

The T1 and the T2 are both slightly off because they both share that squashed face thing. Anyone who thinks somethings off with either head that is it. The individual features are dead-on accurate its just the face needed to be longer, perhaps just by the tiniest smidge of extra length in his nose and his eyes adjusted up a bit accordingly. Its the one and only thing holding these back from sheer perfection, to my eyes at least, I know there are some who have no idea what I'm talking about.

Though I like the T1 figure more, I think the T2 head might be a tad more accurate than the "clean" T1 head. I think the battle damaged T1 head is the best likeness of all of them, though.

The T1 and the T2 are both slightly off because they both share that squashed face thing. Anyone who thinks somethings off with either head that is it. The individual features are dead-on accurate its just the face needed to be longer, perhaps just by the tiniest smidge of extra length in his nose and his eyes adjusted up a bit accordingly. Its the one and only thing holding these back from sheer perfection, to my eyes at least, I know there are some who have no idea what I'm talking about.

Totally agreed. Hoping Enterbay doing better job

The actual pics look better than the promo pics, and that's what made my decision for me.

Figures, as soon as I decide to get one, they become impossible to find. The price on this thing keeps going up and up it seems. Last one I saw sold went for about $250, and there are none on eBay right now with a BIN of less than $299.

It seems with Hot Toys to be sure to get it at retail price, you have to pre-order it as soon as possible. Pre-orders sell out quickly too, I've noticed.

Now some shops at Singapore even selling at $312.
However, I managed to buy 2 sets from eBay at total around $360 two months ago.

Back