Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$230 for a figure in regular clothes and spare parts from the other Iron Man figures? Your one lucky guy :lol

Seriously, HT's are off the charts now. I'm selling all of mine bar the one's in my signature. Crazy hobby is at a level beyond saving... :google

I agree to a point, i think its an awesome hobby, i luv this **** for some reason, but its a matter of supply and demand. If another quality mass producer of 1/6 movie crap that got licenses popped up and another, it would become cheap like it should be, but since there aren't really any competition (especially for specific licenses), those of us who cant sculpt have to pay out the *** for cool 1/6 display scenes we want :dunno

I can understand this. SSC is not as hard as you think. If you don't order and cancel. They will refund you back your NRD. This is in place for people that order items. Try to sell it on eBay. They don't get the $$$ they think and cancel it.

I have heard good and bad about BBTS. Then again I can say the samething about SSC.

Everyone else is a retailer. When SSC gets their stock in. SSC customers get theirs 1st. The retailers get them 2nd. How the retailers ship them from what I have heard is buy order date. HT has been shipping 1/2 the orders. So if your on the backend you have to wait. Why someone who bought say 4 months after you from SSC will get their item.

I'm not taking any sides. I am just saying I like to deal with who I like to deal with. I don't care if it cost me $10 or even $100 more. This is why I don't eat fast food. I like onions. I want extra onions and when I ask. They cut the same ones up into smaller parts and call it that. Your happy ordering from BBTS an I am happy ordering from SSC.

No problem , deal with who you like and trust!:peace

:lol

You know what I meant.

Buy*

I would only buy the Cosbaby stuff, if I was one of the collectors with children. I'd give them the Cosbabies instead of letting them play with the expensive stuff. They'd have a toy, I'd have mine and nothing expensive would get broken or drooled on. I think it's a solid solution :p

Last edited:
No way is hot toys going to make a fool out of me by making me buy this for over $280

What are you implying?

tumblr_lydv4ckD7F1r5rnkao1_400.gif

In other words, yes. I'm sorry but its the truth. Businesses selling a big name for more than it should be sold for.

That can be argued about everything. While you may view it as being overpriced, someone else can see it as being the perfect price. Same goes for any other product. It doesn't make them a fool, if they have the money to spend they will, it's as simple as that.

In other words, yes. I'm sorry but its the truth. Businesses selling a big name for more than it should be sold for.

Well if you are pissed at HT for their pricing, insult them and not other collectors like yourself. I'm sure if you were rich, and wanted this, you wouldn't think it was overpriced.

That can be argued about everything. While you may view it as being overpriced, someone else can see it as being the perfect price. Same goes for any other product. It doesn't make them a fool, if they have the money to spend they will, it's as simple as that.

Well said.:goodpost:

I agree to a point, i think its an awesome hobby, i luv this **** for some reason, but its a matter of supply and demand. If another quality mass producer of 1/6 movie crap that got licenses popped up and another, it would become cheap like it should be, but since there aren't really any competition (especially for specific licenses), those of us who cant sculpt have to pay out the *** for cool 1/6 display scenes we want :dunno

It's not that I don't like the quality and I do fairly well for myself financially so the actual price of the item is not so much the problem - it's what I'm getting for it in comparison to the rest of collecting.

I'm the type of person who when shopping for something - Torches, knives, toys, T.V's, will pay the extra for the better model. I figure whats an extra $50-$70 for the better gear right?

So now Hot Toys are basically sending me out the message that I might as well continue on with my 1/4 scale line (I do both) and dump my 1/6. This is $280 (and not even a DX), Battle damaged T2 is $300......:slap

I can get Enterbay's BD T2 for $420 OR a premium format for around $350-$400 and no doubt a 1/4 Iron Man will pop up down the line.

No doubt this conversation is old but I can't be the only one out there with one eye on the better bang for the buck. With the amount of Hot Toys I have too, I'll have a great bank of cash for upgrades.

I love Hot Toys, but they are pricing themselves out. There's a lot of talk and threats on these boards :lol .....but I truly am done with them.

Good luck to those who like this and buy it though. I meant no harm to the actual collectors.

It's not that I don't like the quality and I do fairly well for myself financially so the actual price of the item is not so much the problem - it's what I'm getting for it in comparison to the rest of collecting.

I'm the type of person who when shopping for something - Torches, knives, toys, T.V's, will pay the extra for the better model. I figure whats an extra $50-$70 for the better gear right?

So now Hot Toys are basically sending me out the message that I might as well continue on with my 1/4 scale line (I do both) and dump my 1/6. This is $280 (and not even a DX), Battle damaged T2 is $300......:slap

I can get Enterbay's BD T2 for $420 OR a premium format for around $350-$400 and no doubt a 1/4 Iron Man will pop up down the line.

No doubt this conversation is old but I can't be the only one out there with one eye on the better bang for the buck. With the amount of Hot Toys I have too, I'll have a great bank of cash for upgrades.

I love Hot Toys, but they are pricing themselves out. There's a lot of talk and threats on these boards :lol .....but I truly am done with them.

Good luck to those who like this and buy it though. I meant no harm to the actual collectors.

That's exactly what I'm trying to point out. Many dont get it.

No harm done and you have valid reasons for how you feel, i am the same way with gear and collectibles, I have 1/1 pieces, 1/4 statues and only more recently started collecting hot toys. I love the size and the accessories and ability to set up dio display scenes with multiple figures and really dont want a mixed media figure in a larger size (i would prefer a statue in a larger scale), so i am stuck with hot toys till more competition comes up. It sucks when hot toys lets us down, but they have really made some incredible stuff that nobody else really seems to bother with, when it comes to 1/6 scale nobody else gives us the collecting options they do, and the great thing about 1/6 scale is there are so many parts and accessories and sculptors out there that you can customize/fix issues you dont like with their figures relatively easy.

:goodpost: Makes me think of how you can consider the ipad, iphone, and other such gadgets as extremely overpriced (which is why I don't buy them at full price, or at all). I think every single HT figure is somewhat overpriced, but of course most of us understand why they're doing it. I feel the DX12 Batman is probably the most overpriced figure I have so far, as much as I love it (not even a sonar head included!), and it's the same price as this Stark set, and comes with arguably less plastic and unique elements overall. This set seems in line with all of their recent price increases, imo.

Last edited:
I had a talk with my friend over this, he says it looks good as RDJ & it's good enuff for him but I didn't really agree with him maybe becoz he is more into iron man comics whereas I am more into movie so I can understand why some agree & disagree over the HS sculpt.

People keep comparing the prices to a couple of years ago. And yeah they are cheaper than figures now, but the head sculpts and skin textures on these figures are so much better than a couple of years ago. As long as the prices keep going up the quality of the figures go up, and I'm ok with that. Just have to be more selective.

For example, the Iron Man Mark 1 vs. the Mark 1 (2.0) Both same figure, but the 2.0 has a MUCH better head sculpt, better paint apps, and feels much more sturdier than the original mark 1. I believe the original was retailed at $160 or so on sideshow (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) and the 2.0 retailed at $220 on sideshow. I would much rather pay $220 for the 2.0 than $160 for the original.

Back