Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished rynos review, very informative and thanks!
I want one of those stands!!!

Ryno, did the whole suit feel similar to the black spidey suit? I know you mention the boot area as being similar
If so, great news for the man of steel, I think the black spidey suit is the best I have ever felt/posed

The suit is very similar too the blue part of TASM suit.

Still blown away by the fantastic likeness of this figure. Love it.

ab1b6e5d86dcf06d80252a5f4f1488c7_zps9dbc7d17.jpg

I'm even more excited to get Supes now. Not sure about getting Zod, but it does look good with the mask/helmet on though.

There are a few places that part out Hot Toys figures and accessories.
Some are cheaper than others.
Even the cheapest stands(If you intend to remove the original lettering/logo and add your own), will be at least $7 each.
I sometimes buy the pieces from this auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/221299854959?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 and then make my own bases from sheet styrene, for custom figures.
If you cut out the hole for the pegs on those stands, then three layers of 2mm styrene are enough to hold it tightly, and you can cut them to any shape depending what your figure is.

SAM_0229_zpsb29de2f1.jpg

IMG_2874_zps0812a569.jpg

IMG_3101_zps6683c910.jpg

RouthMoS07.jpg

ED59AD9D-BC6D-41DA-ACF1-50EAACDFC404.jpg

168C0E4F-15E9-45F0-BE83-5319FDD457A6.jpg

Do you have a "How to" thread somewhere on this site with how to do this? I have a few questions as to how you got the stands to attach to the styrene, so I thought if you had a thread, it might answer my questions.

Do you have a "How to" thread somewhere on this site with how to do this? I have a few questions as to how you got the stands to attach to the styrene, so I thought if you had a thread, it might answer my questions.

It's really simple. I place the stand over the pre-cut base and draw a pencil line around the base of the stand. Then i cut within the line, first with a dremel(Removing about 70 of material), then with a fine 5mm chisel, pushing straight down. I test fit the stand as i go and eventually, when it can be pushed in with a little bit of effort(Making sure it will be tight), i know the base is ready.
I cam take WIP images the next time i make one if you like?

has it been stated which body jor el has or what the nearest comparable body is and if the boots can be used on a different body ,thanks in advance

has it been stated which body jor el has or what the nearest comparable body is and if the boots can be used on a different body ,thanks in advance

Body is hybrid. Barney Ross body(I think) with regular TT arms. Thighs have muscle additions. Boots can't be used on another fig, but the shin can be removed and placed on any other TT

Body is hybrid. Barney Ross body(I think) with regular TT arms. Thighs have muscle additions. Boots can't be used on another fig, but the shin can be removed and placed on any other TT

hi thanks for the info ,you bought the under suit and boots didn't you ,what are they like ,do you have pics ,ive just bought the body and boots ,thinking about one of the cheapo heads for a quick bash ,or maybe save it for a under suit zod ,how do the boots differ from the reeve superman boot attachment,solid feet with peggs ,that render them unusable with out swapping out the calves ,thanks again

Based on the parted figures on Ebay, it looks like Odin/Bane/Noland body with TTM21 deltoid joints and those new calves that pop into the boots.
I reckon any custom might need those calves to complete it, but if anyone has one in hand, perhaps they'll let us know.

hi Barry as this body suit is missing the detailing ,i ask how did you do the detail on that man of steel custom of your ,the one with the Routh head ,its a dammed good job and very precise

hi Barry as this body suit is missing the detailing ,i ask how did you do the detail on that man of steel custom of your ,the one with the Routh head ,its a dammed good job and very precise

Thanks. When you get close it's not 100%. Looks okay in pics though.
I just used black pvc insulating tape. The stuff you'd use to insulate soldered electrical wires.
I laid a strip about 10" long on a cutting mat and used a scalpel and a steel rule to cut it into .75mm widths(I just guesstimated the width, but kept them shy of 1mm widths). Then i ran them one at a time into the proper shapes.
It can still be posed, but i generally have him in just a floating pose.

RouthMoS07.jpg

RouthMoS08.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg

IMG_6199.jpg

IMG_6201.jpg

IMG_6203.jpg

hi thanks for the info ,you bought the under suit and boots didn't you ,what are they like ,do you have pics ,ive just bought the body and boots ,thinking about one of the cheapo heads for a quick bash ,or maybe save it for a under suit zod ,how do the boots differ from the reeve superman boot attachment,solid feet with peggs ,that render them unusable with out swapping out the calves ,thanks again

As Username said, to place it on another fig, you'll need the entire clf, the boots have nothing in common with the Reeve boots. They feel very much like the BW Spidey boots and are of a similar material as the suit ( though they feel stickier than the suit). They'll probably be a mess to paint, but I'll try anyway.

Now ,for an under suit Zod, I don't see the suit taking paint easily either.

Best to wait the inevitable MOS or MOS:Zod Toy fair exclusive black versions that are bound to happen...:)

It's really simple. I place the stand over the pre-cut base and draw a pencil line around the base of the stand. Then i cut within the line, first with a dremel(Removing about 70 of material), then with a fine 5mm chisel, pushing straight down. I test fit the stand as i go and eventually, when it can be pushed in with a little bit of effort(Making sure it will be tight), i know the base is ready.
I cam take WIP images the next time i make one if you like?

That would be great. Thanks!!!:duff

Love that shot, thats exactly how i wanted to see him posed and how i would dispay him if i pick him up :rock great shots

Thanks very much, appreciate it :hi5:

That's the pose I've left him in now, suits him really well. Hope you can pick one up, it's a excellent piece.

Back