Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the gun being sloppy.. The sculpt looked amazing to me.. as did the paintjob. I was more confused by the base, lol. I LOVE it by itself.. just with this figure it makes no sense.

Of all figures to not come with a crotch grabber and to come with a flight stand.. lol.. Meanwhile my last figure.. Amazing Spider-Man.. came with a crotch grabber and no flight stand. :gah: :cuckoo:

However.. The figure is amazing once posed up in the detolf.. Especially with the Limited edition Blu Ray set tin.

Here's my review if anyone's interested:

https://youtu.be/P3yExTf5iRE

Also a pic of my display:

1459292_10151984533285589_1671767319_n.jpg

Nice review Ryno. :clap
Yeah, the stand is head scratcher isn't it? It's very nice but totally inappropriate. And yup, I commented similarly about the gun.

I have just been told I will be receiving my stock in the next week or so, bit surprised it's out so soon. If anyone in the UK is interested in one, just pm me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Is there somewhere other than eBay to buy Hot Toys stands?

Great review, Ryno.

There are a few places that part out Hot Toys figures and accessories.
Some are cheaper than others.
Even the cheapest stands(If you intend to remove the original lettering/logo and add your own), will be at least $7 each.
I sometimes buy the pieces from this auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/221299854959?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 and then make my own bases from sheet styrene, for custom figures.
If you cut out the hole for the pegs on those stands, then three layers of 2mm styrene are enough to hold it tightly, and you can cut them to any shape depending what your figure is.

SAM_0229_zpsb29de2f1.jpg

IMG_2874_zps0812a569.jpg

IMG_3101_zps6683c910.jpg

RouthMoS07.jpg

ED59AD9D-BC6D-41DA-ACF1-50EAACDFC404.jpg

168C0E4F-15E9-45F0-BE83-5319FDD457A6.jpg

If you want them to look professional, buy some cheap HT stands on ebay, and PM Evilface to make you some custom decals. His stuff is very very good, he does pretty much everything, is fast and pretty reasonable.

If you want them to look professional, buy some cheap HT stands on ebay, and PM Evilface to make you some custom decals. His stuff is very very good, he does pretty much everything, is fast and pretty reasonable.

How much do the decals typically cost?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How much do the decals typically cost?

Around 7-10$ as I remember, ask Evilface or have a look at his thread. They are beautifully made, cut from vinyl in layers, really professional looking and easy to use.

Around 7-10$ as I remember, ask Evilface or have a look at his thread. They are beautifully made, cut from vinyl in layers, really professional looking and easy to use.

Going right there...

Great review Ryno! I'm going to have to get a basic HT stand for him. To your point it's a really nice stand but completely oversized and inappropriate for Jor-El. I'm trying to have him, Superman and Zod on one Detolf shelf and there's no way with these massive stands. Wish they could just include both.

One more clear pic of him on display in my cabinet. Such a presence this figure has!!!

582018_10151987832550589_2026850540_n.jpg

It really is brilliant.. It's just awesome having Man of Steel in the detolf.. He represents the movie well in 1/6.. Once Superman and Zod come out... Oh man..

Looks great Ryno!! I'll be displaying mine with the Collector's Case as well

@Username: love that yellow and black batman base. :rock

Just finished rynos review, very informative and thanks!
I want one of those stands!!!

Ryno, did the whole suit feel similar to the black spidey suit? I know you mention the boot area as being similar
If so, great news for the man of steel, I think the black spidey suit is the best I have ever felt/posed

Back