Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, mine will be here soon! :yess: :blissy

Well, I say "soon"...it'll be here in a short while. Well, early January. First week of January at the latest.

Oh alright! Mid February if you must know!! :gah: :mad:

He'll certainly be worth the wait! ;)

I'll post some pics in a while.

Great shots Para. What are your thoughts on the headsculpt? I'm still on the fence about this one with the way it came out. Paint app has a very cheap look to it but figured this would look nice with the other MoS figures.

Great shots Para. What are your thoughts on the headsculpt? I'm still on the fence about this one with the way it came out. Paint app has a very cheap look to it but figured this would look nice with the other MoS figures.

Can you elaborate on how it looks "cheap" ? I have read a few comments and I don't think it looks cheap what so ever. its one of the most realistic looking sculpt hot toys has had in while. I don't get people on here. Toys gets pushed back "hot toys sucks wtf another delay." Figure comes out early " hot toys sucks this looks rushed, and it looks cheap." I know you didn't say all of that, but its an example. Id like to know what makes it look cheap to your eyes?

Ps. not trying to bash you just wondering lol

Can you elaborate on how it looks "cheap" ? I have read a few comments and I don't think it looks cheap what so ever. its one of the most realistic looking sculpt hot toys has had in while. I don't get people on here. Toys gets pushed back "hot toys sucks wtf another delay." Figure comes out early " hot toys sucks this looks rushed, and it looks cheap." I know you didn't say all of that, but its an example. Id like to know what makes it look cheap to your eyes?

Some think it looks plastic and shiny- well I don't. Don't get too worked up by other's nitpicking- if you like it that's all that counts!:wave

Lol I dont care what they think. Its just sometimes I feel like I may be blind or something lol.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Beautiful shots, para .…really stoked for this figure now... especially with MOS on heavy rotation in my BR player right now...the figure looks excellent.

Really like that "hands clasped" in front pose and shot...
Still got a bit of waiting here... so more pics are welcome!

It's mainly the gloss. Cheap isn't the right word for it but it just seems more of a sloppy and disappointing paint job compared to other releases. I love the figure overall but it just gives a slight disappointing feeling when looking at the paint job on the face. The gun also came out looking sloppy as far as the mold goes.

Just wanted to see what para thought of it since he's the only person aside from Rory who actually has it in hand.

Thanks guys glad you like the pics :hi5:

Personally, I really like the HS and paint apps. Nicely detailed, to my eye, and the tailoring on the clothing is excellent. I'm really quite surprised by how much I like this piece, from the promo pics I thought 'yeah, looks nice, I'd quite like that to go with Supes'. But he really is a great figure in his own right, not just an accompanying piece to Supes. Sure the gun isn't the best accessory you'll ever get but I'm not planning on posing him with it anyway. The only thing I don't like is the stand, it's too big and cumbersome. Other than that, he's highly recommended!

More pics!

3ea799a10f9f898cb979d6ce60f0f3d2_zps1d3ef15b.jpg

513523dd120d17419a5e7ec441bcc692_zpsafa47425.jpg

767eb3e16a29a4df6495b9c1fa6e9ef8_zpsf34b36f9.jpg

04caeb2c3bc56560989a8ba5a2b7bc6a_zps300702eb.jpg

I agree with the gun being sloppy.. The sculpt looked amazing to me.. as did the paintjob. I was more confused by the base, lol. I LOVE it by itself.. just with this figure it makes no sense.

Of all figures to not come with a crotch grabber and to come with a flight stand.. lol.. Meanwhile my last figure.. Amazing Spider-Man.. came with a crotch grabber and no flight stand. :gah: :cuckoo:

However.. The figure is amazing once posed up in the detolf.. Especially with the Limited edition Blu Ray set tin.

Here's my review if anyone's interested:

[ame]https://youtu.be/P3yExTf5iRE[/ame]

Also a pic of my display:

1459292_10151984533285589_1671767319_n.jpg

I agree with the gun being sloppy.. The sculpt looked amazing to me.. as did the paintjob. I was more confused by the base, lol. I LOVE it by itself.. just with this figure it makes no sense.

Of all figures to not come with a crotch grabber and to come with a flight stand.. lol.. Meanwhile my last figure.. Amazing Spider-Man.. came with a crotch grabber and no flight stand. :gah: :cuckoo:

However.. The figure is amazing once posed up in the detolf.. Especially with the Limited edition Blu Ray set tin.

Here's my review if anyone's interested:

https://youtu.be/P3yExTf5iRE

Also a pic of my display:

1459292_10151984533285589_1671767319_n.jpg

Great in depth review, congrats dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back