1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chewie and Han both are now able to be paid using PayPal. I thought Sideshow only allowed PayPal as an option when they had a set shipping fee. This makes me think it will be soon because the Stormtroopers are also PayPal eligible now too but their own Threepio is not yet.

I think Chewie looks spectacular. Maybe I haven't got a keen eye but I really want him. I just can't stand having him without a partner so it's all or nothing. Han needs improving though. Perhaps I should just for for Vader and a Trooper, or a droid set.

I don't think the sculpt on Han is very recognizable as Ford, but I need Han and Chewie as a set. i can't have one and not the other.

I don't think the sculpt on Han is very recognizable as Ford, but I need Han and Chewie as a set. i can't have one and not the other.

b3ec1f1996a8ffceff27247d306a4c91_zps8c6161b9.jpg

I don't think it's that bad, it could have been a lot worse e.g.star_wars_battlefront_3_han_solo_head.jpg
I don't think Harrison Ford translates very well to figures, video games and such. besides there is not mistaking who it is supposed to be.

I am down to just 3 more flex payments of $54 each plus shipping. Come on Han and Chewie....

I'm not really sure if they had the rights to fords likeness for that game, it would explain alot if they didnt

boring sex > unboxing excellent Han

Who shoots first is key

... why buy it? I'm just going to pick up the various pieces of the parted out outfit whenever I see a good deal and wait for a head sculpt I like.

On balance I thought it was good enough to pick up as a flex buy... no mess, no fuss. A new painted headsculpt + parted out gear + time factor would make this more than I'd want to pay for or wait on. I don't love the sculpt, but I don't hate it either. I think it has at least one good angle and that's good enough for me.

I guess I'm in the minority but I really have no problems with the current Han sculpt and I'm a real pain in the ass about sculpts -- I know, what's wrong with you dude? But even if they don't do a few tweaks ( which I'd love) I think I'm okay with it if it matches the figure in this video ( which I'm sure has been cycled through this thread ad nauseum). Anyway... really looking forward to this set ( it's already pre-sold out at AE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RtDWNtb77U

I guess I'm in the minority but I really have no problems with the current Han sculpt and I'm a real pain in the ass about sculpts -- I know, what's wrong with you dude? But even if they don't do a few tweaks ( which I'd love) I think I'm okay with it if it matches the figure in this video ( which I'm sure has been cycled through this thread ad nauseum). Anyway... really looking forward to this set ( it's already pre-sold out at AE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RtDWNtb77U

Ditto that. :lecture

Honestly, I'd rather they take the effort to fix those boots. I hate them.

All I know is that I'll be able to display this Han Solo straight out of the box. Whereas with the Sideshow offerings, I never felt they were strong enough out of the box to display ... so they sat waiting for me to upgrade parts or get the face painted... which I just never got around to doing. So it will be nice to finally have a Han Solo on the shelf. Even with a little Hank in him.

Back