1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PR is really important, i have no clue why you guys are playing it down. But it is typical for asian companies, they live in the past.
I do agree though, the figures are great for the most part.

HT is not living in the past. They know the sookie lalas will whinge and whine about waiting a couple of extra months for their overpriced dolly and then buy two of them.

Hot Toys is a terrible company. They let their buyers in the dark with everything, they basically have zero PR. I hope some other company comes along and they have to change their stance drastically like Sideshow will be forced improve QC in order to compete with XM in just a few years.

This post made me laugh. You should try dealing with efX Collectibles then. You will then have a greater appreciation for how well HT does communicate...and efX is an American company.

Longer they take to perfect these two, the better. Chewbacca especially is the last character I want to see rushed out the door, given how prone it will be to QC problems. Hope we see some nice tweaks for both. :pray:

Last edited:
I emailed SS at the end of last week and today I received the following response;

Hello Valued Collector,

Thank you for pre-ordering the*Han Solo1:6th*Scale Excl Figure!

We are writing*today*to inform you that we have recently received information from the manufacturer of this item. We originally expected delivery of this item into our warehouse beginning in April of 2015. However, with the updated information provided to us by the manufacturer we are now expecting your item to arrive into our warehouse between June and August of 2015.

We appreciate your patience and rest assured that we will continue to keep you updated with the latest information about your item. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Best Regards,

The Sideshow Team

I emailed SS at the end of last week and today I received the following response;

Hello Valued Collector,

Thank you for pre-ordering the*Han Solo1:6th*Scale Excl Figure!

We are writing*today*to inform you that we have recently received information from the manufacturer of this item. We originally expected delivery of this item into our warehouse beginning in April of 2015. However, with the updated information provided to us by the manufacturer we are now expecting your item to arrive into our warehouse between June and August of 2015.

We appreciate your patience and rest assured that we will continue to keep you updated with the latest information about your item. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Best Regards,

The Sideshow Team

that`s the same email I got for Chewbacca

Given all the other delays we've seen, I don't find it remotely surprising that this one was delayed as well. And I'm sure HT realizes that with all the massive hype around the new movie, they have nothing to lose by waiting a bit longer anyway. People will just be even more pumped to get these figures by then.

I figured it would be at least til July, so not surprised in the least. But I highly doubt the sculpt is getting tweaked.
Keep hope alive, Lu! :mad:

Most likely it is solely for internal manufacturing stuff but you never know. I'm pretty happy with Han as-is, but I'd still love improvements and even more so for Chewie. I remember one of our posters here with connections (not Jack Bauer but the other guy...) mentioned some time ago that Chewie was still in the process of being revised after the promo shots came out. I'd certainly welcome it.

Sadly I think we would have seen a picture of a new Han by now if they were re-working his sculpt. It just reminds me of the whole HT Indy deal. :(

As far as Chewie is concerned, I'm wondering if we're going to see some wildly different faces from one figure to the next. Hair is so unpredictable, I can't imagine they will have enough control over the fur to make all the faces look the same across the board. Not to mention have it, you know, actually look like Chewie.

Sorry if I'm sounding pessimistic, but honestly I don't think Han and Luke are the train wrecks some people feel they are. They are certainly not perfect, but they're pretty good and I'm committed to getting both. After seeing early shots of Hoth Han, I'm very eager to see some early final production shots of these two!

Back