1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much harder to get Chewie right, there's no excuses with Han though. I think Chewie need a bit more lightening up around the head colour wise.

He looks very nice but his head looks a little puffy. Still an amazing thing though, a Chewbacca figure with real fur. Now I think I want this too!

Oh man... Everything is sold out in HK, im a big dark knight fans and not even care with gordon blake release but sold out in HK

Will this be out in April or August? I've skimmed this thread but can't quite work it out.

image.jpg

Chewbaccas face looks like Harry from Harry and the Hendersons, very ape like and not right lol

Something about it just seems wrong. He looks a bit like that guy who played Bruce Banner in The Avengers, IMHO.

There seems a lot of hate towards the likeness to ford of this piece. I think it's pretty close to how he looked in ANH. .

Hmm, when you look at those comparison pics it does seem pretty close... although that doesn't change the fact that when taken alone, the HT sculpt still just doesn't seem quite right.

I think the problem is just that they made him a bit too idealized, and didn't make the mouth quite as crooked as it should be, or the brow quite as heavy as it should be, etc. If they would just tweak some of those things a little (and maybe give him a hint of that smile we see in the pics), it would be perfect.

It's far too symmetrical, but I still really like it. Ford has a very sideways face, his eyes, nose and mouth are different on left to right.

It's far too symmetrical, but I still really like it. Ford has a very sideways face, his eyes, nose and mouth are different on left to right.

That's very insightful. Looking at these pictures with that in mind... I think that's exactly where it fails for me.

Those photos of Ford from ANH really show how well Hot Toys captured his likeness at the time of the movie.

Those photos of Ford from ANH really show how well Hot Toys captured his likeness at the time of the movie.

In a way you're right, when you look from one photo to another at each tiny detail it does seem like they made it accurate, but the whole portrait doesn't hang together as a likeness. It's just a bit blank for me, I can't see any of Harrison's humour or swashbuckling personality in it. His performance in Star Wars was just amazing right from the beginning he got everything about the character pitch perfect - the way he leans back in the Greedo scene and misdirects with one hand as he opens the holster with his other hand - making him charismatic and deadly at the same time.. okay I sound like I've got a man crush on him, I'll leave it there. :)

Back