1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helsinki Syndrome
A mental condition where the afflicted person is unable to distinguish between the countries of Sweden and Finland, despite the two being distinct from each other. This condition is usually a symptom of a lack of general geographic awareness.

I screwed up. :slap It's supposed to be Helsinki, Norway. :joy

Hot toys cares. They totally redid the Obi wan prior to preorder. I'm sure this will get a revisit.

Ben was tweaked before PO. Han was not. Hopefully that isn't significant.

Really hoping what ships has been tweaked.

Yes a lot of people only seem to want to see a ford likeness as he looked from ESB. He has a very different look in ANH and to me this is very close,not perfect but still very close and i do see the hair being tweaked to sit a little lower

I don't know, I think most of us have a good idea what he looks like in ANH by now. ;)

Although I do agree, the HT sculpt isn't nearly as off as people are saying.

I don't know, I think most of us have a good idea what he looks like in ANH by now. ;)

I find the sculpt and figure overall acceptable enough to buy it.

I do see Mark Ruffalo in the sculpt from many angles.

For $230 and a character for which so many have such great affection and have waited such a long time for... I can understand people exaggerating its shortcomings to reflect their disappointment.

And maybe it's understandable for a company to fall short on 100% likeness accuracy... but can it be so hard to make a pair of decent boots?

Fabs, with a spirited take, as usual. :lol

BTW, it's Helsinki Syndrome. As in Helsinki, Sweden. ;)

"Gail Wallens: Dr. Hasseldorf, what can we expect in the next few hours?
Dr. Hasseldorf: Well, Gail, by this time the hostages should be going through the early stages of the Helsinki Syndrome.
Harvey Johnson: As in Helsinki, Sweden.
Dr. Hasseldorf: Finland."

Ohhhhh you two. :lol

Exactly. Ford looks surprisingly different in ESB, and that is what I keep seeing people compare this sculpt to, in regards to the likeness.

Yes a lot of people only seem to want to see a ford likeness as he looked from ESB. He has a very different look in ANH and to me this is very close,not perfect but still very close and i do see the hair being tweaked to sit a little lower

What gives you that impression? I don't think I have come across a post suggesting this at all.

Exactly!

I find the sculpt and figure overall acceptable enough to buy it.

I do see Mark Ruffalo in the sculpt from many angles.

For $230 and a character for which so many have such great affection and have waited such a long time for... I can understand people exaggerating its shortcomings to reflect their disappointment.

And maybe it's understandable for a company to fall short on 100% likeness accuracy... but can it be so hard to make a pair of decent boots?

Good post. I agree. The sculpt is absolutely off, the body is too buff and the boots are a little weird, but overall the figure is okay enough for me to buy. Of course I would love it to be better, but I'll live. The most disappointing aspect is that we all expect a certain level from HT and they have fallen short. It's even more disappointing because it's HT's second attempt at Ford and they missed the mark AGAIN.

Looks like a few folks in here have gotten a case of Stockholm syndrome with this Han figure. I guess if you stare at the spec pics and acquaint yourself with the look of the figure long enough, your mind gets used to the sculpt despite the fact that it looks nothing like Harrison Ford. Hot Toys' sculpt idealism and detail can have that effect on the mind.

Rest assured, it's still the same exact head with the crappy likeness, weird ass proportions, thick forearms and awful looking boots.
Ease up son, you're laying it on a bit thick there. :lol

I agree about some of the proportions & definitely the boots though.

Good post. I agree. The sculpt is absolutely off, the body is too buff and the boots are a little weird, but overall the figure is okay enough for me to buy. Of course I would love it to be better, but I'll live. The most disappointing aspect is that we all expect a certain level from HT and they have fallen short. It's even more disappointing because it's HT's second attempt at Ford and they missed the mark AGAIN.

Well I'm willing to cut them a bit of slack in this case, since Ford's likeness is such a notoriously difficult thing to get right. I would obviously love for them to try to improve Han (and won't likely buy one until they do), but I'm not gonna hold it against them that they didn't get it perfectly right the first time.

Now that first sculpt of Obi-Wan on the other hand, there's no excuse for at all. Lol.

At this time, I'm planning on dropping a bunch of RP on the two pack. Pretty much getting Han for free. That is of course if HT really drops the ball on them and does not tweak them. Than I just might reconsider.

I have a feeling we won't get a rework, just like we didn't get a Indiana Jones rework. (sigh)

I'm still buying. But those boots are real crap and I don't love the proportions of the body at all. The clothing though is fabulous.

There's always room for improvement, but I'm happy how this figure looks. I can't see SS doing better. The Hoth scalp doesn't look that good

Deckard , Han Solo and Indiana Jones walk into a bar.......let's have a little fun in this thread, why not?

10904408_717212358392096_8229448551741126456_o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back