1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me also. It's like a dream to get this announcement AND a preorder on the same day. I know people are always going to find something to criticize but did anyone think we'd actually get a furry 1:6 Chewie? I sure didn't. I can't wait to add this set to my collection!

I remember picking up this set at JC Penny's and freaking out how cool it was.

image.jpg

I used wire cutters. No problem.

Feels like just yesterday when Hot Toys used twist ties. I remember sitting their gently in twisting all the twist ties on my MMS 02 T-800 because I didn't want to cut the twists because of some value OCD.

Then I found out I got duped on the gargoyles. :lol

This maybe?

Or this.

I don't know what came from where.

Thanks brother -- chewy looks really impressive -- love the extra hairy hands. Glad I ordered both ( Han Ex + Chewie) although I'm an Empire Guy, guess I can hang on to Han (hoping for future sculpt tweaks) until they do an Empire Han.

View attachment 137203

I was obsessed with this set back then. I remember at the time it was in the catalog and I had to go to a specific catalog store with my mother to get it. The wait www painful. I was also stoked when Jc penny got the Vader Obi wan set haha.

Did you freak when you saw how many twisty-ties were in back too? Those things drove me nuts.

I just opened up the Wedge from my Rebel Pilots Two-Pack and the original C-3PO earlier this year. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw how many twist ties there were. I'd forgotten about those. Playmates' Star Trek series was even worse because they had zip-ties around the waist of figures so you NEEDED wire cutters or something. It wasn't an option to untwist them all in the car ride home.

These two figures look nice but the Han doesn't seem to be anything too special. I am not seeing Ford in the sculpt. With the hair and outfit, it's "good enough" for some but for the price they charge these days I would be pretty put off by it if I were collecting high end pieces still. I'm happy I opted to stop buying Hot Toys figures and instead display the Hasbro 12" Collector Series because they didn't cost me anything, they're toys so it's ok if they're not 100% screen accurate, but above else they were mine as a kid so they represent both my favorite movie series and my childhood in one display.

I hope for everyone's sake they update the sculpt a bit. It is a much better effort than that abomination of a figure Indy turned out to be.

View attachment 137203

I think the most groundbreaking to me was the Han Solo / Taun Taun set. I wanted that thing so ridiculously bad. I miss being a kid and having toys be hard to look for haha. Oh collecting before the internet…. such interesting times haha.

I think the most groundbreaking to me was the Han Solo / Taun Taun set. I wanted that thing so ridiculously bad. I miss being a kid and having toys be hard to look for haha. Oh collecting before the internet…. such interesting times haha.

I remember driving 15 miles to Toys R Us something like 48 days in a row trying to get the Han Solo and Taun Taun exclusive. What a glorious 48th day it was, walking in and seeing four of them stacked at the end of the aisle! The thrill of the hunt is almost non-existent now. Even back when you had the Priority Pre-Order stuff with early Sideshow, there was an element of "am I going to get through or not?!?!". Now, it's an e-mail, leisurely click on the link, rant for 10 minutes about the price, order... :) Good times.

Back