1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Indy proto does look good, but it does all come down to the production piece. If SSC can produce a final product as good as this, they will be right up there with HT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Indy proto does look good, but it does all come down to the production piece. If SSC can produce a final product as good as this, they will be right up there with HT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thing is this proto is only like 70% indy likeness, so if the production isn't the same it wont be worth buying.

Are you kidding? 70%? It has HT beat 1000% over their Indy or Solo. I'm OK getting HT's Solo because to me, fine, I'll take a somewhat generic Ford likeness for the overall quality, but prototype to prototype, there's no comparison. You're pretty much wrong about anything I've ever seen you post about, CG, but you're even more wrong than usual here.

For me that shot above looks just like Ford, without question. But the likeness falls off just a bit in the photos of the actual figure. Not sure if that angle just happens to be the best or what. I noticed in this shot of the promos the eye on the left looks cross-eyed. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418532138.749663.jpg

You'd be better off buying a puppy with a terminal illness. It will hurt less.
Dude, that's a pretty jarring analogy.. you've just turned me right off now. :(

Are you kidding? 70%? It has HT beat 1000% over their Indy or Solo. I'm OK getting HT's Solo because to me, fine, I'll take a somewhat generic Ford likeness for the overall quality, but prototype to prototype, there's no comparison.

:lol Agreed.

Are you kidding? 70%? It has HT beat 1000% over their Indy or Solo. I'm OK getting HT's Solo because to me, fine, I'll take a somewhat generic Ford likeness for the overall quality, but prototype to prototype, there's no comparison. You're pretty much wrong about anything I've ever seen you post about, CG, but you're even more wrong than usual here.

Just wow :slap u got me wrong man, I was referring to the indy likeness being 70%, not the han solo.
I guess its more 80% though for the TOD indy, there hows that? That's 8/10, more than fair i'd say.
It's my fault for not making it clear which figure I was talking about.

For me that shot above looks just like Ford, without question. But the likeness falls off just a bit in the photos of the actual figure. Not sure if that angle just happens to be the best or what. I noticed in this shot of the promos the eye on the left looks cross-eyed. View attachment 151847

When I showed someone this they said they same thing. Still its a just a proto so no biggie.

Just wow :slap u got me wrong man, I was referring to the indy likeness being 70%, not the han solo.
I guess its more 80% though for the TOD indy, there hows that? That's 8/10, more than fair i'd say.
It's my fault for not making it clear which figure I was talking about.
What can I say, CG, we disagree a lot! :lol

But in regards to the prototypes, I got your meaning. I think HT's Solo likeness is terrible in comparison to SSC's Indy (as shown in that photo, above). It looks dead-on like Ford, IMO. Best I've seen from anyone. Agreed that it remains to be seen how all this stuff turns out in production.

Was I too subtle? Nobody gets my sarcasm unless I kick them in the mouth with it.

When dealing with ht fanatics it's best to lower your mental expectations. Just sit back and sip the kool aid. Shhhh. Don't ask questions. Just buy buy buy. Here's another iron man to go with your refreshing beverage.

Found this pic on Facebook from the Toy Sapien store in Japan. From this angle Han's likeness isn't terrible. I preordered Chewie with a $20 coupon - on the fence with Han...

chew1.jpg

Back