Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problems with the new suit. Sure it looks busy, but honestly, Batman is going to prefer mobility and protection over looks. The problem with the first suit was that it was bulky and hard to move in. The new suit should fix most of those problems, both in the film, and for real life.

I simply can't rationalize this ugly suit design by saying it's functional. The designers surly could have come up with a suit that allowed mobility without looking like a busy techno fusion crap fest. It's so over the top, approaching Schumacher territory. That leg armor couldn't look any sillier. Hot Toys has a real challenge making this design look good.

I simply can't rationalize this ugly suit design by saying it's functional. The designers surly could have come up with a suit that allowed mobility without looking like a busy techno fusion crap fest. It's so over the top, approaching Schumacher territory. That leg armor couldn't look any sillier. Hot Toys has a real challenge making this design look good.

HT will do a great job. But remember some of that exposed patchwork Armor over mesh (especially around the legs) will have a tendency to lose its shape and elasticity and even peel away from the glue mesh with excessive posing.

I have a feeling that the TDK batsuit will be one of those that people will go nuts for but some will pose the hell out of it and then post complaints about it falling apart, especially if they go mesh over anything.

It's the first Batman movie suit that isn't fully made of rubber or foam latex (No, I am not including the Adam West "suit"), so I guess I could give them points for trying something different.

I really wouldn't have wanted them to stick with the BB suit throughout TDK, and to be honest the new suit isn't bad, save for the legs, which are unsightly. Overall I like the armored look, especially the shoulders and gloves.

I simply can't rationalize this ugly suit design by saying it's functional. The designers surly could have come up with a suit that allowed mobility without looking like a busy techno fusion crap fest. It's so over the top, approaching Schumacher territory. That leg armor couldn't look any sillier.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Absolutely agreed. They could have come up with a gazillion "more functional" suits that would have looked better than this hideous Power Rangers thing.

It doesn't even look like it fits in Nolan's Batman world, which is one of the most puzzling things about it. It looks like it was designed 99% with TOYS in mind and reminds me of all of the cheesy Batman variations that Hasbro used to make.

It looks like it was designed 99% with TOYS in mind and reminds me of all of the cheesy Batman variations that Hasbro used to make.

Exactly! At least it's not bright orange like Hasbro figs, so that's something. :rolleyes:

And as craptastic as the Schumacher suits were, they at least looked like they belonged in the bad acid trip Gotham he created.

I'm going to at least wait for the movie to explain the functions and details of the new batsuit before I start pissing on it.

Anyway, since Takara and Medicom seem to be sitting out TDK, HT only has one direct competitor (sort of) - DCD:

0308_dcd_tdkbatfig.jpg

I'm going to at least wait for the movie to explain the functions and details of the new batsuit before I start pissing on it.

I don't care how they try to explain it or what "functions" it has... it's not going to miraculously LOOK any less ridiculous.

IMHO, it's just a terrible, terrible (and unnecessary) design. Period. But that won't stop me from enjoying the movie itself. :monkey1

I'm interested to see what effect the actual film has on the fanbase for this suit since wholeheartedly I haven't read a whole lot of fans for it....

I'm interested to see what effect the actual film has on the fanbase for this suit since wholeheartedly I haven't read a whole lot of fans for it....

My guess is, fans will be won over by the cape, not the armor pattern. Something is definitely beyond memory cloth with the cape, as the skyscraper jump would suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back