Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the suit really doesn't matter. He is Batman and will kick the crap out of the Joker no matter what he wears. Compaired to the comic suits, NONE of the live action Batman suits have been true to the source save Adam West's.

Just think of the new suit this way. He is the Dark KNIGHT. Knights wear armor.

I don't think anyone questions the new suit from the perspective of it being armored.

I think most agree with me that the concept of an armored suit deisgned to maximize movement is good, but the style with which the concept was exectued for the TDK suit goes beyond accomplishing the goal and adds unnecessary detail to the costume.

One thing that was brought up early was that the suit was a work in progress and the usage was a necessity....I wonder if that will be the case and in the third film you'll see this suit but in the finish status.

One thing that was brought up early was that the suit was a work in progress and the usage was a necessity....I wonder if that will be the case and in the third film you'll see this suit but in the finish status.

That theory would be supported by the dialogue from the TV of Wayne going to Fox for a new suit. Also would explain the skyscraper jump, a quick test before taking it into battle.

One thing I'd like to know is if the new suit is an original design from Lucius or if it was another failed military-contracted armor from Wayne Ent.

If it turned out to be a neo-military suit Bruce turned into a makeshift Batsuit (similar to what occurred in BB), I'd be more willing to accept the design.

I agree with Sean... It's a far to busy design... I mean if they just added the armour pieces, san the texture on them, it would have looked loads better. Because with the mesh underneath and the armour plates all being textured it looks too busy and is distracting... I can't wait to see it on the screen to make up my mind completely on if I like it or not...

I don't care what the origin of the design is or how plausible it seems, I'm with Irish that some of the details are just excessive, some things do lend to a purpose for the suit but some of it just feels like the design team hired NIKE to come up with the detailing.

We know that the film is a direct link into a third film.....what if there is a third suit shown at the tail-end of the film? A finished TDK suit that is more traditional as if the Grey parts were unfinished, etc and the final was all black like BB's? It'd explain HT's comments to have a larger shelf.....you know they'd do all three....

I think the smart move for Batman would be to wear a bunch of armor then cover it up with the comic book black and grey suit. Let the criminals wonder if you're even human when you withstand a hail of bullets and come flying in from nowhere. I've always liked that take on Batman and the first movie touched upon that. A suit like this just announces you're a regular guy simply wearing body armor... flamboyant armor.

That being said, a lame Batsuit will not stop my enjoyment. Thankfully Joker is :rock

I think the fact the suit is busy is a good thing. Think about if. If you have a clear enough view of Batman that you can see all of those details, you are looking at the DETAILS and not enough at him. A distracted bad guy is a sore bad guy :lol

Remember the yellow oval around the Burton Batsuit being a false target? Same principle.

You know what I say? Who the hell cares? this movie is going to rock and you guys are gonna see it, ugly suit or not. Bruce could be running around in an Adam West suit and I'd still see the flick.

I honestly think its less to do with the enjoyment of the film and more to do with whether or not one would go running with the collectibles wholeheartedly....

I think the fact the suit is busy is a good thing. Think about if. If you have a clear enough view of Batman that you can see all of those details, you are looking at the DETAILS and not enough at him. A distracted bad guy is a sore bad guy :lol

Remember the yellow oval around the Burton Batsuit being a false target? Same principle.

You're right! He should have light up nipples and a flexing codpiece. Schumacher was a genius! :monkey3 :lol

I honestly think its less to do with the enjoyment of the film and more to do with whether or not one would go running with the collectibles wholeheartedly....

Exactly why it's coming up in the collectibles thread and the movie threads are pure drool fests and vocal anticipation over a kickass movie :rock

As for the movie suit ever resembling the comic mixed colors look, I don't see it ever happening. The idea I gather about the film suits is to have a practicality about them and to also blend into the shadows. As much as this suit is textured, it's like the Aliens in ALIENS, you'd only pick up highlights in the shadows and there'd still be a mystery versus a grey and black suit, too comic book in design, belongs in the comics, doesn't fit in live action well.

I think the smart move for Batman would be to wear a bunch of armor then cover it up with the comic book black and grey suit. Let the criminals wonder if you're even human when you withstand a hail of bullets and come flying in from nowhere. I've always liked that take on Batman and the first movie touched upon that. A suit like this just announces you're a regular guy simply wearing body armor... flamboyant armor.

That being said, a lame Batsuit will not stop my enjoyment. Thankfully Joker is :rock

I think judgment needs to be held until you see the new suit in the context of the film.

When the Begins suit was first shown, most everyone thought it looked terrible, until it was seen in the film as it was ment to be seen, and the suit looks awesome.

But since your every post is slamming it, you prolly don't have such insight.

As for the movie suit ever resembling the comic mixed colors look, I don't see it ever happening... a grey and black suit, too comic book in design, belongs in the comics, doesn't fit in live action well.

Agreed. They have to movie it up certainly.

Pjam said it best here about what the suit should be:

It should be simple, fearful and functional.

I think judgment needs to be held until you see the new suit in the context of the film.

When the Begins suit was first shown, most everyone thought it looked terrible, until it was seen in the film as it was ment to be seen, and the suit looks awesome.

I never thought the BB suit looked terrible and I never thought the new Joker design looked bad either. I'm judging on purely a design standpoint true. The new suit is too busy and garish. No film context can explain that away I think. Obviously he will need a new suit for some reason in the film. However, I'm not sure how they could explain why he needs a new ugly suit.

I completely disagree. I don't remember nearly as much disgust over the Begins suit (which I always thought was great).

The problems with the design of the new TDK suit aren't anything that the movie can explain away. It's a visceral thing. It just LOOKS dumb... as if it were designed in a commitee made up of Nike and Hasbro execs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back