Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If its a suit that is in progress, like a makeshift that is needed and it isn't a finished design I guarantee people will give it a pass.

If its a suit that is in progress, like a makeshift that is needed and it isn't a finished design I guarantee people will give it a pass.

Yeah. My biggest fear in this is that we'll have to put up with this POS design for more movies beyond this one. :monkey4

I doubt it, though. Gotta sell more toys! So that means new designs. :duh

I like it more than the Begins suit. He almost looks like a batknight and it also looks much more strong and solid. He is just a man, needing all the armor he can get.

I like it more than the Begins suit. He almost looks like a batknight and it also looks much more strong and solid. He is just a man, needing all the armor he can get.

I disagree here. One thing about Batman is that forever in Gotham he wasn't even known to be a real life person more of a myth than anything else....I thought the 89 Burton/Keaton film really did play up on that with the rubber suit that made people question even if was just momentarily whether or not he was human.

The armor belongs to Tony and while the BB suit was a tactics suit it didn't look like straight body armor after it was done with and I liked that, practical, realistic but still in the Batman vein. This doesn't have the same feel but I'm still waiting to see the explaining of it in the film because I have a feeling that there is more to it then just a newer, two-toned suit....

I disagree here. One thing about Batman is that forever in Gotham he wasn't even known to be a real life person more of a myth than anything else....I thought the 89 Burton/Keaton film really did play up on that with the rubber suit that made people question even if was just momentarily whether or not he was human.

The armor belongs to Tony and while the BB suit was a tactics suit it didn't look like straight body armor after it was done with and I liked that, practical, realistic but still in the Batman vein. This doesn't have the same feel but I'm still waiting to see the explaining of it in the film because I have a feeling that there is more to it then just a newer, two-toned suit....

True but i don't think the Nolan batman works on a mythical level like the Burton movies do. The freak aspect of batman just isnt there in my opinion. The Nolan batman is much more like a bat-stylized ninja not a gothic mythical giant bat like the Burton batman.

The same ruckus was brought up with the new Superman suit. It just goes against the grain. What can you do? Not a thing. This is what it's going to be like. Like it or lump it. Once the film is out and it is fully explained, you'll probably be viewed as a nutter for not liking it.

Up until Adam West, the Batmen always wore cloth, and their cossies were pretty similar. In more recent times he wears rubber, and every film has to have a different cossie. It has become all part of the evolution of Batman, so I will definitely be buying one, as to have a small visual of the Batmen over the ages. If Hot Toys brings out the Batpod, then he is a must. The pics I have seen seem to have a brownish hue to them, as opposed to the grey. Bats come in brown don't they? I shouldn't think, if Hot Toys make a mesh suit, that the armour would be prone to peeling at all. Surely it would be melded in with the mesh, making it nigh on impossible to come apart.

A Brown Batman. You must be joking creech. :lol

If they ever go batsheet with these suits, I will just stick with the original.

True but i don't think the Nolan batman works on a mythical level like the Burton movies do. The freak aspect of batman just isnt there in my opinion. The Nolan batman is much more like a bat-stylized ninja not a gothic mythical giant bat like the Burton batman.

That's because Nolan understands the original Batman mythos more than Burton did. :lecture

That's because Nolan understands the original Batman mythos more than Burton did. :lecture

Burton wanted to do his own version of batman like many comic book artists do aswell (Burton doesnt even like comics). He wanted to give him a Burton mythos so it's not really about understanding something or not. Burton's batman is basically insane, a loner, a hermit and not that concerned about conventional morals. I do not dissagree with you that Nolan might have captured a batman that is more true to the origin but that really isnt the issue. Burton's batman is an otherworld variant.

At least I got a laugh. That's gotta be a plus. Afterall, Why so serious? :lol

Right on. The whole learning to become more than a man, becoming a symbol, a legend, a terrible thought, how through a combination of stealth training, gagetry and sheer will power he became exactly that, was extremely well handled by Nolan and Goyer and heightened the myth of the Bat far more than any film before it.

Burton wanted to do his own version of batman like many comic book artists do aswell (Burton doesnt even like comics). He wanted to give him a Burton mythos so it's not really about understanding something or not. Burton's batman is basically insane, a loner, a hermit and not that concerned about conventional morals. I do not dissagree with you that Nolan might have captured a batman that is more true to the origin but that really isnt the issue. Burton's batman is an otherworld variant.

that was well said.. the thing I loved most about the burton films was the imagery.. for example... a dark and gloomy night, christmas eve.. you see a tall(well not really) dark and imposing figure. mysterious but yet heroic.. THE BATMAN.

check this clip out.. favorite scene..
https://youtube.com/watch?v=YLIThrMHEhk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back