Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone noticed that the neck part with connected with the cowl has covered up the batman logo on the chest. It is too long and unnatural, hope they will fix it. Really the problem bothering me to get it.

Does anyone noticed that the neck part with connected with the cowl has covered up the batman logo on the chest. It is too long and unnatural, hope they will fix it. Really the problem bothering me to get it.

Only in some poses though, in other shots it's just fine, I hope they don't do anything to it because in the other poses it'll look awkward, better to cover the symbol a bit in extreme downard tilting poses.

Only in some poses though, in other shots it's just fine, I hope they don't do anything to it because in the other poses it'll look awkward, better to cover the symbol a bit in extreme downard tilting poses.

16453__batbegins_l.jpg
BATMAN5.jpg

But to be screen accurate, it should be shorter. I think the Takara Batman is more accurate. Just my opinion. But still, I am happy Hot Toys has done their part very well.

But to be screen accurate, it should be shorter. I think the Takara Batman is more accurate. Just my opinion. But still, I am happy Hot Toys has done their part very well.

I get what you'r saying but your images for comparison are a poor match. The film shot has his head tilted up looking forward where the figure is tilted down.

This shot is closer to the film image and his cowl is in the right place.

4DK_Batman_12inches.jpg
[/IMG]

The big difference is, with Takara, there's a socket joint on the neck, but the neck itself is fixed, so that part of the cowl never shifts, but at the same time the articulation is somewhat limited.

With Hot Toys, it's there 2 jointed neck design, so the head and neck can tilt forward like you see in the figure shot you posted and when that happens, it shifts the base of the cowl out of place. The neck and head of the Hot Toys figure are more articulated than Bale's real head and neck in the costume, so that's why some poses will look off. I don't think Hot Toys missed anything, in fact they gave us more which makes it a better figure.

You did have a great eye and observation. Thanks for the info! I have change my mind and will get one soon :)

Sean is right, listen to the man. LOL.

It's fine. This head /cowl/neck/symbol is correct...

In real life, the symbol might be a bit obscured if the head was tilted down.

It's fine! Get one! Besides, look at those eyes! Great job they've done.
Don't let a great figure pass you by because of some minor toy resolutions that you can probably futz out somewhat in person.

OK is anyone buying Batman but not Joker? If so why? I'm curious as I'm trying to decide whether I would really need a Joker figure and could do with some persuasion that I don't.

Edit: Never mind. No way, the Joker is the figure to have! The Batman just doesn't impress me as much. It's the suit and it looks like Bale has a ton of makeup on.

Last edited:
OK is anyone buying Batman but not Joker? If so why? I'm curious as I'm trying to decide whether I would really need a Joker figure and could do with some persuasion that I don't.

I ordered both, but if I really could have only one, I would go for Batman. This one looks great, not really a fan of Batman Begins, but I like Christian Bale, and this sculpt looks like him to me, so I get a good looking Batman figure, and a good Bale head. I really am not a Joker fan, though The Dark Knight could change that, it's just that the figure looks so good, if I'm going to splurge for the Batman, might as well splurge for the Joker too, I can't get it later on.
The Joker figure's appeal for me is his outfit, it's nice but Batman is a better value.

I'm sorry but you do. The performance will be amazing and the figure will only be hard to find and expensive after the film is released. If anything, just get Joker. Batman will be available much easier since there are already three other Begins suited figures out there.

Y'see I'm trying not to branch out too much in my collecting. I collect hot toys Aliens, predators, Terminators and Robocops aswell as the 3 3/4 Star Wars line which, considering my foot-of-the-ladder occupation and the still-living-at-home at 25, is already quite a lot. I haven't been into Superhero toys since those animated Batman figures and whatever X-men figs were out at that time. Its just that for awhile I regretted missing out on the initial Batman Begins (and Superman Returns) 1/6th figures, then that subsided and I was fine. And today I see the threads for the Dark Knight figures and suddenly I've a chance to rectify that old regret.

I don't feel the same way about Superhero franchises as I do about Predator etc, its more 'occasional' that I'm in a superhero mood so while it might be cool to have certain key representatives like this Batman, I have doubts that I need the Joker aswell - despite the fact he looks great and the outfit is superbly realised.....but then again when I see the film would I regret it? :banghead......or if I went ahead and bought both and my Batman 'mood' faded into the background would I wish I hadn't bothered? :confused:

^ No worries, mate. In the event that the Joker is sold out everywhere after you see the film, There's like a 99% chance that Hot Toys will release a second version of the figure sometime down the line, so you won't be entirely out of luck.

That had also occured to me, as is Hot Toys way, after the film comes out and more accessory possibilities come to light, they'll release a 2nd edition. I'm sure its most peoples hope that it comes with that gun from the trailer.

There is a 99% chance they'll be a Joker v2 and v3 and v4 regardless.....the thing is they always differ and usually dramatically from the v1s.

I have little doubt that there will be a Bank Robbery Prologue Joker. That is the most logical option. Other than that, there are two spoiler outfits, but if they don't do those, its is just greed making another Purple suited Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back