Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol.....well my Chicken Little'ing now winds me up with two.

I can't figure out why my order won't go through. All my information is correct, and my credit card isn't over the limit or anything. I kept getting denials when it goes through credit card verification. Anyone else run into this before?

edit: sorry, i'm talking about my Toys2 order. just trying to get my Bat and Joker too. :)

This exact thing happened to me, so I ordered through Action HQ. I tried to call them to see why this was happening, but I couldn't really understand the lady. Their lose I guess.

Could someone post side-by-side pictures of this HT Batman and the Takara Batman. I would really like to see which one is better.

batfigs.jpg

Thanks MaulFan. I still think the Takara Batman looks more like Bale. But he belt looks more accurate with the HT. Looks like I'll be keeping my Tak after all.

Bro pop BB in, the new HT's Bats is almost dead-on to Bales likness! I'll still keep my 2 Takaras though. This new Hot Toys version is the superior version no doubt.

Thanks MaulFan. I still think the Takara Batman looks more like Bale. But he belt looks more accurate with the HT. Looks like I'll be keeping my Tak after all.

I see him in both, but fortunately for collectors, there are options. Either one of these is a good purchase I think. Taks is just a really sharp and fun figure of Batman, not dissappointing at all if you're not looking for total film accurracy on it. The overall look of Tak Batman actuall reminds me a lot of the new suit proportions. It's like the new suit shape with the old suit design, pretty cool in my book. HT's looks like Batman popped off the screen and shrunk down into a figure, so I can't wait to add that one to my collection.

Bro pop BB in, the new HT's Bats is almost dead-on to Bales likness! I'll still keep my 2 Takaras though. This new Hot Toys version is the superior version no doubt.

As far as appearance, aboslutely, looks very much as it should. As far as quality as a figure in comparison, we'll have to see when we get him and can test him out but just going off images, I think Taks will still be the better figure as far as posing and such.

As far as appearance, aboslutely, looks very much as it should. As far as quality as a figure in comparison, we'll have to see when we get him and can test him out but just going off images, I think Taks will still be the better figure as far as posing and such.

True. Hey Sean, I assume you will keep both versions then?

You're probably right. It's just that I have the Tak figure right in front of me and of course it looks better in person. I'll probably be adding the HT version to my collection as well.

True. Hey Sean, I assume you will keep both versions then?

Absolutely. I've never upgraded or replaced a figure and don't plan on it. If something new and nice comes along, I just add it to the mix, but I still like the nostalgia of having pieces to see where things come from. SSC and Meidcom Darth Maul make the first Hasbro look rediculous, but I still like looking at it and remember the time when it was top notch. I think HT Batman will allow me to get some fantastically life-like shots where the Hasbroish portraits from Takara hurt that, and on display it'll look fantastic. However, the cape looks to be a bit stiff on the HT figure and I just absolutely love the flow the Takara has and on display it really captures that majesty of the clips when Batman is peering out over Gotham with his cape flowing in the air. It's almost like Takara Batman is Guardian Batman while HT is like Battle Batman.

I really think HT nailed the portrait this time around, this picture just looks right from the movie's finale when Batman tells Gordon he'll look into the Joker.

19DK_Batman_12inches.jpg

20080524_ed1e80456989ef18aaeeRLhT4X2vopad.jpg

Shock! But the batman seems slimmer?!

Last edited:
Does it look to anyone like it will have been shrunk a bit? Y'know the way Hasbro shrinks every Star wars vehicle even though some of them could feasibly be made to accurate scale with 3 3/4" figures. Just I can't see them not shrinking the tumbler a bit considering an accurate scale vehicle would need to be big enough to comfortably seat 2 12 inch figures - which I imagine would price this higher than even Ripley's Powerloader.

So do you think the Tumbler will come with a Batman figure, like they did with the PL?

would need to be big enough to comfortably seat 2 12 inch figures - which I imagine would price this higher than even Ripley's Powerloader.

2 figures? Its been a while since I've seen BB but isn't the Tumbler a one seater? especially with the shooting transformation that occurs? Also, you have to know that people thought that the Power Loader was going to cost $400 and were shocked when it came in at its pricepoint. I have a feeling this one will do the same.

2 figures? Its been a while since I've seen BB but isn't the Tumbler a one seater? especially with the shooting transformation that occurs? Also, you have to know that people thought that the Power Loader was going to cost $400 and were shocked when it came in at its pricepoint. I have a feeling this one will do the same.

How could you forget Rachael was in the Tumbler with Batman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back