Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Hot Toys Iron Man line on the horizon.....I might go that way with him as well if he offers them.

But Iron Man is Marvel, so Sideshow may be able to import them.

I'm just going to have to start earning more money now with Hot Toys creeping into my regular collecting now :google

Unless SSC is offering exclusives with the HT Iron Man figures similar to the way they are doing with the Predators, I will NOT be ordering from them, as extensive as that line has a possibility to go and being an IM fanboy and targeting completist status there, I have to find a better deal even if its only 10% off each figure.

Unless SSC is offering exclusives with the HT Iron Man figures similar to the way they are doing with the Predators, I will NOT be ordering from them, as extensive as that line has a possibility to go and being an IM fanboy and targeting completist status there, I have to find a better deal even if its only 10% off each figure.

But remember reward points. That is what keeps me ordering from Sideshow a lot of the time now. Heck, I got my overpriced ANH Luke 12" figure for free because of RP.

RPs are a double edged sword. You use them for a discount but you don't get any points on things you use them for. At a 20:1 usage ratio you'd need 3,000 points to get one figure free before shipping if they hit at $150 each. Which means I'd have to spend $3000 since its 1 RP per 1 Dollar to get a $150 figure free
hellno.gif
cuckoo.gif

I'll take my savings up front and use the RPs whenever I get around to it not as a defining factor in my ordering. Plus I'll want this guy
ironman.gif
Sooner than later.

Last edited:
RPs are a double edged sword. You use them for a discount but you don't get any points on things you use them for. At a 20:1 usage ratio you'd need 3,000 points to get one figure free before shipping if they hit at $150 each. Which means I'd have to spend $3000 since its 1 RP per 1 Dollar to get a $150 figure free....
hellno.gif
cuckoo.gif

I'll take my savings up front and use the RPs whenever I get around to it not as a defining factor in my ordering. Plus I'll want this guy
ironman.gif
Sooner than later.

AMEN!!!! which is why i only order exclusives from SS now. unless they have a sale on in stock items, the only things on my account are exclusive preorders.

Joker and Batman ordered through Joe! Now for the REST of the Hot Toys line...

Jeeez, i'm gonna have to sell my house at this rate. Maybe I'll just display them in my car.

This is a great figure despite its inaccuracies. I don't know if Hot Toys will correct these but I don't care. It's pretty flippin sweet. I ordered mine from someone on eBay, and I am glad that I did. It's gonna sell out and sell out fast!! Although not a home run as I was expecting, its a ground rule double as far as I can tell. Good job Hot Toys!!!

This is a great figure despite its inaccuracies. I don't know if Hot Toys will correct these but I don't care. It's pretty flippin sweet. I ordered mine from someone on eBay, and I am glad that I did. It's gonna sell out and sell out fast!! Although not a home run as I was expecting, its a ground rule double as far as I can tell. Good job Hot Toys!!!

Drbrad1975 you've got mail!!

Snagged a Joker! :rock
Not getting the redo Batman though. I'll wait for the new suit version and the other characters.

Hi guys,
I had to leave for a bit to go to the gym and stuff. I saw all of the pm's and emails and I will be taking care of them now. I will also post here when I put up some more auctions
Best
Joe

Hi guys,
I had to leave for a bit to go to the gym and stuff. I saw all of the pm's and emails and I will be taking care of them now. I will also post here when I put up some more auctions
Best
Joe

I just caught up on this thread and realized I bought mine from you without knowing it! :rock :lol

And very cool that you aren't making us Freaks pay right away.

do you guys think this will actually be very sought after.. i.e... should I order one now or wait?

This is one figure guaranteed to be sought after in the future. Especially once the movie hits. I, for one, didn't want to risk waiting.

Why would you want to wait? In hopes that you'll find a better price? I don't think you'll find a better price. Save yourself some headache and probably some cash and go ahead and order if you know you want one.

question....if sideshow can't distribute this cause it's dc then why are they allowed to sell the clampett art?

question....if sideshow can't distribute this cause it's dc then why are they allowed to sell the clampett art?

I brought that up too. Hopefully tomorrow's podcast will put to rest the question if Sideshow can distribute or not.

This is one figure guaranteed to be sought after in the future. Especially once the movie hits. I, for one, didn't want to risk waiting.

me neither... come the first of the month i'm gonna order a second one for my friend as an Xmas present. he's a heath ledger superfan, and a comic book nerd so this will be appreciated.

Why would you want to wait? In hopes that you'll find a better price? I don't think you'll find a better price. Save yourself some headache and probably some cash and go ahead and order if you know you want one.
well, i know its been said 100x times already, but what if some peeps are waiting for SS to announce an exclusive version?? i know i'll be getting one if they do. :monkey2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back