Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend is a retailer w/ a SSC account and his rep told him yesterday they can't carry these. I don't know how the artwork fits into the "no dc" equation, but I know my friend was pissed that he has to pay retail to someone else. I would definitely prefer SS carry these. Not just because I get a discount from my buddy, but because I pre-ordered from Action-HQ and the shipping total almost gave me a heart attack.
Hopefully his rep is wrong. She has been in the past.

maybe not a dc licence issue but a movie licence issue

hopefully that means they can carry the HT Iron man

well, i know its been said 100x times already, but what if some peeps are waiting for SS to announce an exclusive version?? i know i'll be getting one if they do. :monkey2

I still don't see Sideshow selling these. But if they do... :banana

On the off chance that SS offers an exclusive, I'd definitely pick one up... Then sell the other. :D

so do you guys think this could be the next hicks on the secondary market ?.
Its definitely got more of a crappy reason to be at higher prices.

This thread's 266 replies to the Batman Begins Batman's 170... I wonder if the HT Joker is getting more love right now than the HT V2 BB.

it very well could be... that would be awesome.

This thread's 266 replies to the Batman Begins Batman's 170... I wonder if the HT Joker is getting more love right now than the HT V2 BB.

definitely. i think its because we've all seen one version of batman before and only a limited Joker until now.

I wouldn't doubt it, but I wouldn't expect it either.

Well Joker is totally new, whereas there were three options for a BB suit a few years ago. Hopefully HT is smart and is making for Jokers than Batmen.

Didn't spend a lot of time on this, and it ain't paint, but it does show that the Ledger look is there when the colors are shifted to better shades and some more sharp emphasis is put in. Their proto paint doesn't quite bring him out, it's too reserved. But he's under there. I'm gettin' one for sure!

JokerRepaintidea1A.jpg

Nice work Les... Just got up and making my way through all the posts...:D

are these really arriving in june/july like your auction says? i thought they were coming in the fall.

I asked that too, and he said yes. But things to get delayed. I guess HT has had these for a while and was saving them for the film's release, which, if the date is correct, some of us will have them by then.

are these really arriving in june/july like your auction says? i thought they were coming in the fall.

this is the bottom line that was in the solicitation email I got from Hot Toys

Preorder deadline: June 5, 2008

Target shipment: JULY, 2008

Well Joker is totally new, whereas there were three options for a BB suit a few years ago. Hopefully HT is smart and is making for Jokers than Batmen.

Agreed, but I think it is safe to say that the next 3 figures (they've confirmed 3 more figures for this line) would have to be Two Face, Joker V2 or Scarecrow (rumoured to me in the movie) & Dark Knight suit... I doubt there would be many in the market for Rachel, Alfred or Lucius...

I asked that too, and he said yes. But things to get delayed. I guess HT has had these for a while and was saving them for the film's release, which, if the date is correct, some of us will have them by then.
that would be so cool to get these while im still hyped up for the movie. i just hope the movie doesnt end up sucking. this will probably be a multi viewer for me.

I'm looking forward to getting this figure. The character made such of an impression on me in the trailer.

Pretty soon, though, Hot Toys is going to own my soul. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back