Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does say firstly display and not sold out so it is an intended 2.0, we just don’t know if they’ll put it up.

IMG_4226.jpeg

Not good enough. Didn't look like Keaton then.

Doesn't now. And HT WILL ONLY make it worse.

**** that thing. The cowl ruins it. They took liberties.

If they do proceed with it, it’s definitely not gonna look like it does here, they won’t leave it alone, whether that be for good or bad, we’ll see.

I hate talkin **** about Returns Bats, but it always bothered me how much praise it got, knowing gd well it was not in in the realm of accuracy.

It definitely looked slick tho. But that wasn't what I was aiming at.

I had no problem with the suit but in figure form it visually looked hollow. And the tightness of the belt only brought attention to it.

Like it was a hollow suit with no body beneath it. Now that's a very, personal view point and I don't expect it to be one most agree with.

I spoke about the same issue with suit (as a figure) over a year ago and it went under the radar.

HT did not do the suit of that figure justice.

Still looked dope AF with the drape cape tho.

No doubt.

I like the idea of a slight mix between the 89 and 92 Batsuits like the concept art used for the 89 comics that take place after the Burton films. They even made an idea for the Flash Batsuit but with the gold belt over all black.
1000005210.jpg
1000005211.jpg

I know how difficult it is to get a likeness, especially Keaton. I did a lifesize face insert sculpt for an 89 cowl some years back and had to look at a ton of references to get it Keatonesque, so I respect the attempt.
I think it's missing more of a pout and the lips are slightly too small and the face a touch narrow.
I photoshopped my sculpture in this cowl just to show a bit of comparison, and again, I'm not saying my sculpture is better, just a reference of what may be adjusted.
View attachment 722493

View attachment 722502
It looks promising but I don't want to spend $300 on a H.S..

im all for safe and smaller packaging. **** all that inart noise. I'm not a box guy, just give me what I paid for, my figure.

******* blows storing 30-40 boxes of these. they're littered all over my garage
i hate storing of boxes, but when the art is so good, I hate throwing them away. THe only useful purpose is a background display and storing of accessories and figures are great.

at least it isnt clooney but its still a massive disappointment lol
Well right now that’s the 1.0 with their new cape and dio base. They’ll make tweaks if it does make it to PO, which I believe it may due to competition. It’s a toss up as to what tweaks and if they’ll be for the better.

Got the figure in hand and it's definitely a good figure and I like it enough. My only issue is the little spring on the line launcher came off an I can't even put it back on it's impossible and one end untangled. Honestly the most annoying accessorie it's kinda ruin the fun I was having with the figure. Smh
1000005218.jpg

Someone in a review mentioned that little spring mechanism was an issue. Something about how much tension it's under when it's closed, I think

Someone in a review mentioned that little spring mechanism was an issue. Something about how much tension it's under when it's closed, I think
I was able to put it back on. What a headache honestly. But I agree it's pulling both sides when it's closed so I'm leaving it as is. So far I love the figure, though I kinda wish I'd just gotten the regular edition because as cool as the base is it's a big as hell box I need to sell a bunch of stuff to make room.

Was it an issue on the DX09 as well? When i bought mine a couple years ago the line launcher never had the spring so i assumed it just fell off, didn't really bother me.

Back