1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kept going back and forth with that. Arm out, arm in, lol. Couldn't quite figure out what I wanted :) Thanks for the input!

No worries, I usually Google the particular figure and see what comes up and use that for inspiration.

Thanks again to Bar for his awesome modded Cap Head. NOW this GA figure looks awesome with a helmeted HS.

7SltucD.jpg

Grabbed a Rogers head sculpt and helmet from TA. I love the look now. Thanks to all before me who did this mod. You made me do it too :)

Looks good! How is it a mod? Did you not just switch heads?

Hey Nuka, thanks!! Well, if you must know, this was a most delicate of operations. It required nerves of steel and steady hands and a whole lotta patience. First I had to gently.......awww, who am I kidding.....I proceeded to rip his head off and jam on the other one while shoving that helmet onto his fist like there was no tomorrow. Mod done. :lol

Hey Nuka, thanks!! Well, if you must know, this was a most delicate of operations. It required nerves of steel and steady hands and a whole lotta patience. First I had to gently.......awww, who am I kidding.....I proceeded to rip his head off and jam on the other one while shoving that helmet onto his fist like there was no tomorrow. Mod done. :lol

Haha. Bravo!

I had a friend mod the original GA Cap head for me. He fattened up the sides of the helmet based on the prototype model.

Can't quite get HT level paint job but really happy with the proportions now.

I hope you guys like it
2015-06-13%2001.13.13_zps6lihgdcq.jpg

2015-06-10%2002.19.45_zpsqtfcnigg.jpg

2015-06-04%2016.47.29_zpsxbm1yund.jpg

I feel like I got a two-pack with the release of this AOU cap cause the Evans sculpt fixed the Golden Age Cap, so I feel like I got a new figure.
Replacing the stock helmeted head with the Evans sculpt is night and day!!!
I'm convinced that during the production of the GA cap, the head somehow got shrank considerably.
From the protos pics, and even conventions, the GA cap looks good proportionally with the proto head. But when we received the figure, the figure looks puffy...and we assume its the suit, but its because of the small helmeted head. The TFA figure which is in the smaller side, even had a bigger helmeted head than the GA helmet head.

The GA cap is almost the same proportions as the Man of steel, so you can imagine, with the small head, it made it look like the suit is the problem
But with the Evans head that came with this figure, since its on the big side...its proportioned perfectly for the AOU and GA cap.
Here's the AOU Evans sculpt with the GA cap.

Back