Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny cause Ironman and Predator both have batteries in the figure and theres a chance those well set on the shelf in some places as well... Hottoys included batteries for those...:confused:

Just making point here not meaning to stir things up... Im happy Im finally getting this today...:D:D:D:

I take your point, but they were watch batteries, so although dammage is always possible, it's slightly less likely and the differing watch battery sizes means it can be slightly trickier to get instant replacements. AAA size is however much more readily and cheaply available, just guesing anyway?

Hot Toy MMS DX 01 Joker

I would like to make a review but I can't make a new thread in the Collectible Review board.

Of course my pics are not as good as the Hot toy pics, but I just wanted to show you how badass it looks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

who knows, but it's not really a pain to find and insert 3 AAA bataries. Sorry for the corny joke. Sorry.

I think it has more to do with the fact that in the unlikely event of one of these figures ending up on a shop shelf or warehouse rack for ages, then the potential damage of three AAA batteries corroding and leaking in the box doesn't bear thinking about!

I'd say its more of a shipping weight thing. 3 AAA batts might not feel like much in the palm of the hand, but multiply that by tens of thousands and your looking at a substantial weight increase.

I'd say its more of a shipping weight thing. 3 AAA batts might not feel like much in the palm of the hand, but multiply that by tens of thousands and your looking at a substantial weight increase.

Another good point, plus I don't know if the inclusion of larger batteries might limit the 'legality' of certain freight options.

The batteries are a bit annoying, yes. But far more frustrating is the lack of extra TrueType.

I can stop by my local drug store for batteries. Truetypes, on the other hand, are hard to come by. It doesn't help that Hot Toys doesn't seem to place a priority on making these easily-produced, multi-purpose blank slates consistently and easily available.

The HT batmobile also didn't come with batteries. You have to buy yourself some triple a batts. Really no biggie for me but it'd be nice if it were included along with the figure like the predator does. :)

I would prefer no batteries to reduce the risk of leakage :p For all on hand collectibles I use Eneloops(or white top Duracel who OEMs from Eneloop) now as I have not had any issues of leakage nor loss of power over time for a rechargable and can find these on sale many times locally barely double the price of alkalines ;)

Just to warn you people, some part of my MMS Joker fell from the costume and the stand. I had to walk outside for 20 min and it was verry cold, that's probably why. A tiny metal button and the metal plate came off but fortunately it was easy to fix.

Just to warn you people, some part of my MMS Joker fell from the costume and the stand. I had to walk outside for 20 min and it was verry cold, that's probably why. A tiny metal button and the metal plate came off but fortunately it was easy to fix.

Yeah, the metal plaque fell off my stand too.

Back