Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^^^^^^^^don't worry., soon they will light up with bright lights....LIKE CHRISTMAS!!!!!
i never get tired of that

I'll let you know if I ever come up with a ribbon that works for me...

In the meantime, here are some of my pics:

P1050478.jpg

How did you make the hat fit on it's head? Mine is just too small!
picture.php

Just edge it down and work your way around.

It is a very tight fit. You could always snip the stitching at the back to let it out a bit.

I just unpacked mine yesterday... it is fantastic. The nameplate fell off but the paint was perfect, the PERS works great and those lights on the stand are a lot brighter than I thought they would be. Now I just need to wait for my other body to show up. I am so glad I caved and got this.

It's crazy to read about some of these problems. I received mine in October and had no problems with the nameplate coming off or the PERS.

My Joker arrived yesterday, it's my first Hot Toys figure....oh dear, what have I done? I ordered DX Batman at the same time a couple months ago and now that I'm delirious with my first Hot Toys experience, I really want to buy Wolverine and pre-order the Comedian(and maybe Silk Spectre to flesh out the team)...I want a lot of them now! They're such an incredible step up from any other toy I've become accustomed to. Only Sideshow's Henry Jones and Gandalf come close in my collection, and they're still not in the same ballpark.

Only small complaint is that my name tag did fall off as soon as I opened it up.

So I am guessing there is no other way then hoping somebody is parting one out on ebay to get another light-up base to go with Police Joker right?

There are some sellers selling the light-up base itself on ebay right now...

And woot, mine just came. One thing though, the box condition isn't very mint (some minor dings and scratches), is anyone else's like that? I know it's just a box, but still, perfection is always nice. Also, I have no way of knowing if it was opened or not, is there supposed to be some shrink wrap around it or anything?

I sadly had to pack mine up today because I will be moving by the end of the month, but before I did, I snapped a few pics.

Nothing movie inspired, I was just looking for a chair that would fit 1/6 figures for a small dio I want to build.

003.jpg

DXJoker-chillin.jpg

002.jpg

There are some sellers selling the light-up base itself on ebay right now...

And woot, mine just came. One thing though, the box condition isn't very mint (some minor dings and scratches), is anyone else's like that? I know it's just a box, but still, perfection is always nice. Also, I have no way of knowing if it was opened or not, is there supposed to be some shrink wrap around it or anything?

Cool, I'll have to check ebay out. And my inner box just had that thin paper stuff around it and that was all... no shrink wrap anywhere.

How did you make the hat fit on it's head? Mine is just too small!

My first thought was that I would never get it to fit too.

But you just have to force it!

I know that is always scary, but you wont hurt it. Just try to press down on the sturdy parts of the hat.

You can try twisting it, or starting from the back and pushing down the front, but the point is PUSH!!! You can do it!

The good news is that it wont fall off! (A much worse problem in my opinion!) And once it has been on for a while you can take it off and put it back on as needed as it will have stretched a bit, and you will be more confident!

That was my experience anyway.

Glad to see someone noticed my pics... even if it wasn't for the reason I hoped:rolleyes:

It's crazy to read about some of these problems. I received mine in October and had no problems with the nameplate coming off or the PERS.

No problem with the PERS but when I took off the paper covering the nameplate mine did come off. I wouldn't consider that a "problem" though because it's as simple as gluing it back on to fix. Which I did. :D

So I am guessing there is no other way then hoping somebody is parting one out on ebay to get another light-up base to go with Police Joker right?

I got one coming from jmarch (fellow boardie) for $15. :banana

I would suggest asking someone on here for one, make a thread like I did before going to Evil Bay.

I have a problem with mine that has ALL of you guys beat! I picked mine up from my office yesterday, opened the shipping box today, pulled out the awesome box, opened the flap, and found...nothing. There was nothing in the box, just the foam inserts! WTF?!!! :banghead

Sigh. My luck has been real crummy lately....

I have a problem with mine that has ALL of you guys beat! I picked mine up from my office yesterday, opened the shipping box today, pulled out the awesome box, opened the flap, and found...nothing. There was nothing in the box, just the foam inserts! WTF?!!! :banghead

That sucks! But Soon it will be a new year and hopefully your luck will change. 2010 is goin to be the sh**!:rock

That is bloody terrible! How does that even happen?

Sorry dude that sucks. The only thing that I've encountered was when I opened my IM Mark I and the extra set of hands and face mask were missing. Still that's no where near the level of what you've just experienced. Contact Hot Toys and whom ever you bought it from ASAP.

Back